offensive behaviour at football act

KingKirk

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

To be binned does that mean all bans and criminal records obtained because of this act will be removed.

IMO that's the only option if the acts been binned

I was going to ask the same question. Does all previous convictions get quashed? Banning orders lifted etc.

Doubt it but not sure

No

It was still the law at the time so you still broke the law and were sentenced

I wont be surprised if the law is scrapped would be astounded if they scrapped any sentences handed out. If youve been found guilty and are banned youll still be banned and it will still be on your criminal record

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

To be binned does that mean all bans and criminal records obtained because of this act will be removed.

You're tried based on the law at the time, so no.

If folk think they'll be able to walk past polis shouting FTP or that you wont get arrested for singing or shouting they should be careful

I bet you the game after the law is scrapped there will be loads of arrests with folk thinking they can sing and shout stuff.

As much as I hate this law and what I believe it stands for, I dont really see what will change now that its scrapped

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

If folk think they'll be able to walk past polis shouting FTP or that you wont get arrested for singing or shouting they should be careful

I bet you the game after the law is scrapped there will be loads of arrests with folk thinking they can sing and shout stuff.

As much as I hate this law and what I believe it stands for, I dont really see what will change now that its scrapped

Yep, given one of the strongest arguments against the law is that it didn't criminalise things that weren't already criminal and was therefore a complete waste of time, nothing will change.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

That's like saying when the death penalty was abolished everyone that had been hanged should be brought back to life.