Our interviews...

... are shit.

Now ok, they might be mainly for the kids, but can we not get our lads who interview a bit of training or get someone in who knows what they're doing. It must be annoying for the staff;

Interviewer: So welcome to Rangers (insert name)

Player: Thankyou, I'm very excited about this opportunity.

Interviewer: Are you excited about starting your career with Rangers?

Player: Yes I am very excited, the stadium is impressive, and so are the training facilities.

Interviewer: So have you had a chance to see the training facilities?

Player: Yes, I had a tour yesterday

Interviewer: What do you think of Ibrox stadium?

Player: Yes, it's impressive, and Glasgow looks like a nice place to live.

Interviewer: So have you had a look about Glasgow, do you think it looks nice?

Player: Glasgow looks like a nice place to live, I have had a walk around the city and it seems welcoming.

Interviewer: How have you been welcomed since you got here.

Player: yes everyone has been very welcoming, but the weather hasn't, it is colder and less sunny from what I'm used to but it doesn't matter, I'll get used to it.

Interviewer: What do you think of the weather, do you think you'll get used to it? Do you think it's colder and less sunny from what you're used to?

etc

I'm exaggerating obviously, but it's not an interview, it's just a list of prepped questions being read out by someone. This is where it falls down and becomes unlike an interview, because the player often answers the same questions a couple of times. :p:

Players must think what the fuck is this?

Now I know we have foreign players and they don't speak English - but I've seen this happen all the time with a fully English interview - the foreign lads just reminded me of it because it's more obvious. I've heard it so many times when the manager's being interviewed and he must think, well I just answered that question, can you not think on your feet a bit better?

Anyone who tells starts off along the lines of "Jack, they're foreign players, it's the only way it can be done unless we have a fully foreign interview" - you automatically a moron for not reading - even put it in bold for you. :lol: 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Its a box ticking exercise which is the same at every club.

Shouldn't we be striving to be the best in every aspect of our club?

I'm not saying it takes priority over everything else, and admit it's  not the most pressing issue however;

Better quality content = better fan experience = increased revenues

There's also the issue of how much effort/cost it will take to increase the quality... I'm thinking it will cost next to nowt. A bit of training for our existing staff etc

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Shouldn't we be striving to be the best in every aspect of our club?

I'm not saying it takes priority over everything else, and admit it's  not the most pressing issue however;

Better quality content = better fan experience = increased revenues

There's also the issue of how much effort/cost it will take to increase the quality... I'm thinking it will cost next to nowt. A bit of training for our existing staff etc

What do you expect them to ask?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How's about we concentrate all our training on the pitch for now. ??

My training would be;

"look, your questions are shite, actually try and communicate with the person instead of asking strict questions. Because if they've already answered the question 1 second before - you look like a bellend"

You could easily find some good interviews on youtube and send the guy the links and say - this is more what we're after.

Easy

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

What do you expect them to ask?

Think you should read the opening post again :p:

Not about the actual questions being asked, but asking already answered questions meaning the player/manager has to repeat again and again what he's just said

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

... are shit.

Now ok, they might be mainly for the kids, but can we not get our lads who interview a bit of training or get someone in who knows what they're doing. It must be annoying for the staff;

Interviewer: So welcome to Rangers (insert name)

Player: Thankyou, I'm very excited about this opportunity.

Interviewer: Are you excited about starting your career with Rangers?

Player: Yes I am very excited, the stadium is impressive, and so are the training facilities.

Interviewer: So have you had a chance to see the training facilities?

Player: Yes, I had a tour yesterday

Interviewer: What do you think of Ibrox stadium?

Player: Yes, it's impressive, and Glasgow looks like a nice place to live.

Interviewer: So have you had a look about Glasgow, do you think it looks nice?

Player: Glasgow looks like a nice place to live, I have had a walk around the city and it seems welcoming.

Interviewer: How have you been welcomed since you got here.

Player: yes everyone has been very welcoming, but the weather hasn't, it is colder and less sunny from what I'm used to but it doesn't matter, I'll get used to it.

Interviewer: What do you think of the weather, do you think you'll get used to it? Do you think it's colder and less sunny from what you're used to?

etc

I'm exaggerating obviously, but it's not an interview, it's just a list of prepped questions being read out by someone. This is where it falls down and becomes unlike an interview, because the player often answers the same questions a couple of times. :p:

Players must think what the fuck is this?

Now I know we have foreign players and they don't speak English - but I've seen this happen all the time with a fully English interview - the foreign lads just reminded me of it because it's more obvious. I've heard it so many times when the manager's being interviewed and he must think, well I just answered that question, can you not think on your feet a bit better?

Anyone who tells starts off along the lines of "Jack, they're foreign players, it's the only way it can be done unless we have a fully foreign interview" - you automatically a moron for not reading - even put it in bold for you. :lol: 

Take your point Jack but jeez it's probably the best week for our club in many many a year - enjoy yourself mate. 

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Think you should read the opening post again :p:

Not about the actual questions being asked, but asking already answered questions meaning the player/manager has to repeat again and again what he's just said

I have found myself thinking that to be fair but on the flip side I cant think of anything else they could ask :lol:

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

I have found myself thinking that to be fair but on the flip side I cant think of anything else they could ask :lol:

:lol:

It's all about just communicating properly with the person I guess - that's what good journalists do.

It's not just about asking what you want to ask and ticking a box, it's about making the person drop barriers, have a bit of banter, open up and reveal something interesting about themselves.

Just now by standard you just know they're going to say:

History/big club/excited

We know all this, everyone knows this. :p: 

6 minutes ago, markem said:

Take your point Jack but jeez it's probably the best week for our club in many many a year - enjoy yourself mate. 

Oh I fucking am mate,I cant wait till we play our first competitive game - I thought it worthy of a wee mention in the hope someone sees it and has a word. :p: 

1 minute ago, OhW said:

I'd rather have someone who can play football properly than some fud like Barton who talks for days and thinks he is a philosopher.

Barton's ego ate him and spat out a pseudo-intellectual being to replace him.

I agree mate. Hopefully Dave King buys a couch and gets Graham Norton to do the interview. Could even add in a celebrity or two and a wee song song at the end.

First Question Carlos: Geez a rendition of the Sash.