After the Three Friendlies what players have stood out for you

Smile

I have been Critical of Kranjcar but he's certainly stood out, Holt as well busy and industrious, I like the look of Dalcio today some clever drag backs and tricks with the ball and Candeias looked quite quick.

Opinions?

_90069810_nikooo.jpg

JS121924303.jpg

image.jpg

JS79409760.jpg

Best player for me has been Ryan Jack.

He won't appear in many highlight videos but the job he does is, so far, fantastic. He is the DM we have been crying out for these past few years. 

Calm and composed on the ball, rarely makes a mistake, not afraid of a tackle, sweeps up any second balls and also has the eye for a decent pass through to the forwards. 

Just now, PRW. said:

Best player for me has been Ryan Jack.

He won't appear in many highlight videos but the job he does is, so far, fantastic. He is the DM we have been crying out for these past few years. 

Calm and composed on the ball, rarely makes a mistake, not afraid of a tackle, sweeps up any second balls and also has the eye for a decent pass through to the forwards. 

Forgot about Jack he looks a great buy so far, will try not to mention the Ginger Kiernan so the thread doesn't take a negative slide.

Just now, Smile said:

Forgot about Jack he looks a great buy so far, will try not to mention the Ginger Kiernan so the thread doesn't take a negative slide.

Willie Miller reckons Jack is an outstanding player.  He was the man who made them tick and controlled many games.....and Miller isn't often full-some in his praise for much.

Jack has stood out for me, quietly going about his business. Rossiter seems to be getting up to speed too.

Cdm has been our problem position hopefully these two can really help with that.

My concern is lack of goals and that we will have 1 isolated striker. 

I think overall we'll be a better side this season, but we still lack real quality.

I hate talking about their players but with Sinclair, Griffiths, Dembele, Armstrong and Rogic I just don't see us matching that sort of match winning quality.

Ryan Jack looks the part, Alves will really help our defence and progress Cardoso. However in the attacking midfield, wide and striker areas I don't see us having the required quality. 

Guest Lloyd72

Rossiter, Jack, Dalcio and wee Holty have been great but Kranjcar has been exceptional. Also thought Cardoso's dribbling out of defence was really good too can't wait to see him next to Alves

If Rossiter can keep fit, then he could be a class act for us this season.

Niko has always looked technically great to me though will probably struggle to keep up with the pace of some of the tougher games.

Jack looks like he is going to be the defensive midfielder we have been looking for.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I think overral we'll be a better side this season, but we still lack real quality.

I hate talking about their players but with Sinclair, Griffiths, Dembele, Armstrong and Rogic I just don't see us matching that sort of match winning quality.

Ryan Jack looks the part, Alves will really help our defence and progress Cardoso. However in the attacking midfield, wide and striker areas I don't see us having the required quality. 

Agree with this. Even with Pena and Dorrans, i still don't see us being good enough. Still too many crucial positions not upto the job. Both full backs and a proper reliable striker too. Service from the wings as well a concern. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Agree with this. Even with Pena and Dorrans, i still don't see us being good enough. Still too many crucial positions not upto the job. Both full backs and a proper reliable striker too. Service from the wings as well a concern. 

Strikers looks like a problem position so far but the new guy Herrera could solve that, maybe, Morelos gets himself into good positions and again today was unlucky.

Just now, Smile said:

Strikers looks like a problem position so far but the new guy Herrera could solve that, maybe, Morelos gets himself into good positions and again today was unlucky.

I would love the 3 of them to work out. My concern is we persist with this ridiculous 1 up front and Morelos is dropped or pushed out wide. Miller still hanging about contributing nothing too. Taking up space in the squad. I'd love a bit of purpose and genuine threat in final third. Something to put shiters up opposition. 

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

I would love the 3 of them to work out. My concern is we persist with this ridiculous 1 up front and Morelos is dropped or pushed out wide. Miller still hanging about contributing nothing too. Taking up space in the squad. I'd love a bit of purpose and genuine threat in final third. Something to put shiters up opposition. 

Would be good to get back to scoring three and four a game as we did at a lower level early doors with Warburton.

I've been most impressed with Ryan jack aswell.

Dalcio for me looks raw and needs a bit of work.

not really saw Fabio tested but he looks composed and clearly a cut above what we have.

candieas(spelling) looked very direct and has a great early cross or dead ball.

also for what it's worth we looked a lot fitter than stjonstone 

the wee dude morelas looks a great prospect tidy on the ball and can hold up the ball and link up play wich I wasn't expecting.

Jack has been the player who has stood out, solid and steadying influence which is probably what we need in CM.  Morelos looks as if he might be a physical presence as well as a goal threat up front.

Defence didn't look very good in first game, fairly steady in last two games although weren't greatly tested.  Cardoso looks comfortable on ball, not sure defensively - will need a no-nonsense centre back beside him (Alves).

Main worry has been lack of creation in middle of park.  Krancjar looked the part at times but is far too slow.  He needs a good run of games to see if he can get a bit sharper.  In a season where we need to hit the ground running from the start not sure if we can afford that luxury.

Miller is not a very good midfield /link player and we should stop trying to make him one.  Early doors and probably should give him benefit of the doubt but Dalcio has been the biggest disappointment in my eyes.  A backward step compared with McKay.  Holt looked busy as always but flatters to deceive.

28 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I think overall we'll be a better side this season, but we still lack real quality.

Ffs you'll no be happy til our team he's guys like Messi xavi inesta lewandovski in it for ain't gonna happen . The players we've brought in are better than last season's drivel so just give them a chance to gel and see what happens don't be to rash to judge 

36 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Griffiths is quite shite mate.

Those other 3 are decent enough. I think we still have a bit to go in terms of catching the taigs but they're nowhere near as strong as they think they are. Scott Sinclair in England was utter dick and Armstrong until fairly recently was also bang average. Dembele is the best player in the world so I can't say much there, but aye.