Rangers launch bid for Kenny McLean

The Dude

3 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Tin hat on here, I would be happy to have McLean in our squad but it frustrates me like fuck that when a team does decent us or the scum sign the best players from the team, I would love to have a competitive league where we get a good game against teams

The only way we'll have a competitive league is if the old firm are struggling badly. The sheep and Hertz will be miles behind us if we both perform in line with our far superior budgets. No point worrying about the old firm asset stripping any rivals because the English will do it anyway, and on the cheap as in the case of Liam Lyndsay.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Fuck it, leave it and get him on a free when his contract runs out. 

If he's a Rangers fan as im hearing he is then he'll think doing this to Aberdeen is fucking hilarious 

What if he gets an offer from Birmingham for say £15k PW just now though ? 

As far as I'm led to believe that could be an option for him and you can't blame him for taking it.

Just now, jackunion said:

What if he gets an offer from Birmingham for say £15k PW just now though ? 

As far as I'm led to believe that could be an option for him and you can't blame him for taking it.

Then let him do that.

I'd like to sign him but the more I think about it id rather not give those rancid bastards over a million for him 

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If he's a Rangers fan as im hearing he is then he'll think doing this to Aberdeen is fucking hilarious 

He is a bluenose mate, and from what I hear he does want to come. 

Decent player but this will be another Scott Allan situation with the club refusing to sell to Rangers.

ideally I'd like a strong Scottish spine in the team supplemented by more technically gifted foreigners or English players.  Aberdeen will not sell this guy to us- they'd rather lose him next summer for nothing to someone else. That's how backward the sheep shaggers are

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Decent player but this will be another Scott Allan situation with the club refusing to sell to Rangers.

ideally I'd like a strong Scottish spine in the team supplemented by more technically gifted foreigners or English players.  Aberdeen will not sell this guy to us- they'd rather lose him next summer for nothing to someone else. That's how backward the sheep shaggers are

That is probably accurate 

21 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Surely the risk would be losing him to us for nothing a la Jack ?

2 hours ago, OhW said:

Did you watch last season?

Of course I did and it was brutal, of course I want us to be doing a lot better but it would also be good to have the other teams competitive. Would it not be better to win the league after a good season with good football on show?

Every player in every team in every league has a price at which the team he plays for will sell.   No exceptions.   If the offer is big and daft enough then a club will sell.  Money is money after all, and chances are they can pick up replacement players and still have some dosh left over for the nicer things in football club life.    There is, imo, no incentive whatsoever on Aberdeen to sell McLean at a fee close to a perception of a player of his capability and potential in the SPFL.     They can hold out for as big a bid as Rangers are prepared to ratchet up to and still shrug their shoulders and say 'no' even if it means the player stays until he can sign a pre-contract deal when his current contract reaches that point of maturity.   

Seems to me the anti-Rangers feeling in clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs still carries a premium which either says 'no sale under any conditions' or 'only sell if the price is so high and so far above the true market value to be worth taking just to take more money off Rangers than should really be the case'.

But that need not stop Rangers from floating offers pitched around a realistic price and test the waters.    A bit of a fishing expedition.   A noising up of Aberdeen (and of Hearts in relation to Walker).  Nothing ventured, nothing gained as the saying goes.   Make 'em think a bit and get their biased blood boiling a bit along with some foaming of their financial mouths at the cheek of making an offer for these players.   Create a bit of a distraction for them.  Keep 'em spinning a bit.  

If they want to do a deal at a fair and reasonable price then fine and a deal would be done quickly and without fuss.   If they don't - and that seems to be the case for both Aberdeen and Hearts - then its just a matter of seeing if Rangers will make increased offers to levels that are plainly silly in which case the selling clubs eventually relent and grab the dosh, or Rangers back off and end their interest.......having suitably noised up the selling Club in the process.   The same goes for the bids to Norwich for Dorrans.......there must come a time soon when the Oliver Twist act from Norwich runs its course and Dorrans either signs soon or the interest in him is ended.     

If, for illustration purposes, Pedro aimed for 10 but gets 8 with 8 being the number that was essential 2 others were a bit of additional insurance, icing on the football cake then not getting the other 2 may be of no real loss.   As McCoist found out a few seasons ago there are only so many pairs of shoes that are affordable.    

3 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Most of the sheep would probably prefer that

Yes I see that they may well prefer that but my point was made to illustrate that at that point, end of contract, they have no control over where he goes and so he is as likely to be signed by us as anyone. 

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

No because we'd more than likely get an alternative this year

In which case we don't lose out for as your post implies McLean is hardly irreplaceable.  We spend our money wisely and elsewhere. They get nothing in that scenario whilst we still have an opportunity to sign him for nothing. By the  by, I'm all for signing McLean as I rate him as a player but only at the right price. 

Fuck all these teams who try and get more than their players are realistically worth ... not to mention the hatred towards us and the outright refusal to sell to us ... ala Hivs with Allan.

It's not as if this is a new occurrence ... I remember Dundee Hivs refusing to sell Richard Gough to us and sold him to Spurs ... who then let him come to us ... it has nothing to do with money just hatred ... so fuck them ... we need only look at the O'Halloran case to see we paid over the odds for a dud.

Time we stopped wining and dining these monkeys up here and let the players who will be out of contract and like Mclean ... who want to come to us .... sign a pre-contract when possible and give their clubs zilch.

:UK:

5 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If we're signing him and Dorrans then I'm all for it. If he's being signed as an alternative though then I'd rather we just pushed the boat out for Dorrans.

Probably agree with this.

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Fuck all these teams who try and get more than their players are realistically worth ... not to mention the hatred towards us and the outright refusal to sell to us ... ala Hivs with Allan.

It's not as if this is a new occurrence ... I remember Dundee Hivs refusing to sell Richard Gough to us and sold him to Spurs ... who then let him come to us ... it has nothing to do with money just hatred ... so fuck them ... we need only look at the O'Halloran case to see we paid over the odds for a dud.

Time we stopped wining and dining these monkeys up here and let the players who will be out of contract and like Mclean ... who want to come to us .... sign a pre-contract when possible and give their clubs zilch.

:UK:

Bravo sir :dance:

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Fuck that. The Tarriers will be signing him for their reserve team if we fuck about.