More Players Still To Come - Dave King

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

DAVE KING is delighted with the transfer business Rangers have done so far, and revealed even more new faces are set to follow.

The Ibrox Chairman gave an insight into his discussions with Pedro Caixinha, and again reiterated the importance of appointing the Ibrox gaffer as quickly as possible rather than waiting to the end of the season.

Speaking to RangersTV.tv, he said: “I am feeling very good about it. When we brought Pedro in, I think I’m already on record saying we decided to pay compensation for him. He asked me why when I met him, as we could have got him in another month for free.

“The reason was for him to come in, work with the squad in a competitive environment, and know how he wants to play football. It’s going to be far more offensive than it was last year, and he has worked with the squad, found out what they are about and come up with a player plan.

“He’s done that, and I had comments at NARSA in Las Vegas about never wanting to see a 5-1 against Celtic again. From Pedro’s point of view, he did exactly what he was asked to do, and that was to go and test his players the way he wants to play in a competitive environment and find out about them.

“He could have battened the hatches against Celtic and maybe tried to get a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 defeat, but he played the way he wants to play. So, even though we lost 5-1, it has been very, very useful for Pedro, and out of these performances, he has been able to tell from an ability and character point of view what he is looking at for the coming season.

“He has done that on a player-by-player basis, and he has identified specific players for us. At this point in time, we have delivered more than 90 per-cent of the specific players – not the positions – but the players he wants, and we have given them to him with another couple still coming in who are particularly identified by Pedro.

“In this sense, the level of planning he has put in to player identification both in player ability and planning, and the fact we have been able to get most of the players he wants, bodes incredibly well for the season ahead.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/business-delights-chairman/

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I would have preferred to batten the hatches.

Why?

Would it make you feel better about last year's squad if we were capable of holding on for a draw....just so we keep them in place for next season to try and batten down the hatches again?

If that 5-1 gubbing was the catalyst  to find out the majority weren't up to the task(which we all knew anyway)then fair play.....time will tell if it's bullshit or a mark of a good manager.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Why?

Would it make you feel better about last year's squad if we were capable of holding on for a draw....just so we keep them in place for next season to try and batten down the hatches again?

If that 5-1 gubbing was the catalyst  to find out the majority weren't up to the task(which we all knew anyway)then fair play.....time will tell if it's bullshit or a mark of a good manager.

I think he would have figured out who was worth keeping without sending a team out to play in a way that left us open to a humiliating result.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Why?

I see where you're coming from, potentially if we had done that and got a draw we might have looked at it and said we didn't really need to invest that much in the squad like we Did last summer after the OF semi final. Although the 5-1 was gutting it could turn out to be a Catalyst like you say.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What many said about his priority for the bheast game being about learning who could and who couldn't cut it going forward. Whilst some called for his head because of it.

Painful as it was it was the correct long term approach imo.

Possibly. It will only be correct if he has identified the weaknesses and rectifies them.

I'lI be blunt and totally honest here. Rodgers v Caxhinha doesn't fill me with confidence 

Just now, harlands plater said:

I think he would have figured out who was worth keeping without sending a team out to play in a way that left us open to a humiliating result.

Nah I'm not buying that, the 1-1 draw at the piggery papered over the cracks....I expect the majority of the team that played in the 5-1 defeat to be surplus.....that game proved that none should slip through the net......yes the results was embarrassing but if it moves us to another level then surely that's the bigger picture?

Hope we've got Alves doing keepy uppies in our box at the piggery this season. 

Tarriers won't know what's hit them this season. 

Glad to hear Pedro has almost everyone he wants. That makes it even more difficult if we have a slow start to the season. You can't blame £10 million on the park. 

21 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

DAVE KING is delighted with the transfer business Rangers have done so far, and revealed even more new faces are set to follow.

The Ibrox Chairman gave an insight into his discussions with Pedro Caixinha, and again reiterated the importance of appointing the Ibrox gaffer as quickly as possible rather than waiting to the end of the season.

Speaking to RangersTV.tv, he said: “I am feeling very good about it. When we brought Pedro in, I think I’m already on record saying we decided to pay compensation for him. He asked me why when I met him, as we could have got him in another month for free.

“The reason was for him to come in, work with the squad in a competitive environment, and know how he wants to play football. It’s going to be far more offensive than it was last year, and he has worked with the squad, found out what they are about and come up with a player plan.

“He’s done that, and I had comments at NARSA in Las Vegas about never wanting to see a 5-1 against Celtic again. From Pedro’s point of view, he did exactly what he was asked to do, and that was to go and test his players the way he wants to play in a competitive environment and find out about them.

“He could have battened the hatches against Celtic and maybe tried to get a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 defeat, but he played the way he wants to play. So, even though we lost 5-1, it has been very, very useful for Pedro, and out of these performances, he has been able to tell from an ability and character point of view what he is looking at for the coming season.

“He has done that on a player-by-player basis, and he has identified specific players for us. At this point in time, we have delivered more than 90 per-cent of the specific players – not the positions – but the players he wants, and we have given them to him with another couple still coming in who are particularly identified by Pedro.

“In this sense, the level of planning he has put in to player identification both in player ability and planning, and the fact we have been able to get most of the players he wants, bodes incredibly well for the season ahead.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/business-delights-chairman/

Pedro gets Rangers and thats something warburton never done.. These interviews are from a few days ago but are a cracking read. I think in one interview DK confirmed that the gaffer was firm in his demands about players. Its good to have a manager with some authority 

Also according to King asked why he paid the compo to get him when he could of got him for nothing at the end of may:lol:

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Possibly. It will only be correct if he has identified the weaknesses and rectifies them.

I'lI be blunt and totally honest here. Rodgers v Caxhinha doesn't fill me with confidence 

I believe he has definitely identified the weaknesses.....time will tell if he has brought in the right personnel?

From Warburtons tenure everyman on here realised we needed 2 cb and a holding midfielder......it wasn't rocket science but pedros first 3 signings were those positions....at least he has identified the problem and signed who he believes will take us forward

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Nah I'm not buying that, the 1-1 draw at the piggery papered over the cracks....I expect the majority of the team that played in the 5-1 defeat to be surplus.....that game proved that none should slip through the net......yes the results was embarrassing but if it moves us to another level then surely that's the bigger picture?

That 5-1 will most likely be the worst trip to Ibrox I will ever have, easily.

We never even went for it, that's the worst thing.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hope we've got Alves doing keepy uppies in our box at the piggery this season. 

Tarriers won't know what's hit them this season. 

Glad to hear Pedro has almost everyone he wants. That makes it even more difficult if we have a slow start to the season. You can't blame £10 million on the park. 

Yes and I think Pedro really has got something special coming together; hungry,talented and serious Pros READY to pounce!

13 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Agree.  Pedro is a roll of the dice,  together with a bit of cash for players.  A lot of players.  Interesting times.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My one lasting memory of that game is I actually laughed out loud at how bad we were as their 4th went in

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

After that stupid as fuck penalty got given away we never stood a chance, couldn't get anywhere near them after it.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, B1872 said:

I left after the third!

I remember the guy next to me saying I'm away mate after the third went in and usually I don't agree with people leaving the match early but I honestly couldn't blame him or anyone for leaving after what had happened.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

My one lasting memory of that game is I actually laughed out loud at how bad we were as their 4th went in

Probably the slowest I stood up to clap a goal, or how empty it was when I was leaving.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

After that stupid as fuck penalty got given away we never stood a chance, couldn't get anywhere near them after it.

We never really stood any chance imo.