More Players Still To Come - Dave King

Guest Lloyd72

The board have done remarkably well and have to be congratulated. I do however wish we would leave the team to do the talking on the park. I just worry that all we will do with comments about the gap not being as big and it only being 2 in a row will make Desmond give them more money to spend in the transfer market and make our task harder 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I remember the guy next to me saying I'm away mate after the third went in and usually I don't agree with people leaving the match early but I honestly couldn't blame him or anyone for leaving after what had happened.

I sit in SW4 right next to they cunts and I couldn't stomach it anymore.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I sit in SW4 right next to they cunts and I couldn't stomach it anymore.

I was in CF4, I remember when we scored I couldn't be fucked clapping and then when the goal music came on I just sat back down with my head in my hands and felt like shit

27 minutes ago, gregswanson said:

Yes and I think Pedro really has got something special coming together; hungry,talented and serious Pros READY to pounce!

This.WE could be on the verge of something very special with this group of players.

I for one am very excited about our prospects this season.

40 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Didn't need 5-1 drubbing off them cunts to tell us those players weren't good enough.

We already knew that by September. 

Their team in the Scottish cup semi final was much the same as the previous year in which they were dung.....their  players reacted better under a different manager where ours didn't......either the manager is also dud or the players are just shite!!

Glad to hear this is true. It makes it less definite that Pedro is not good enough. We were rotten most games under him with no cohesion at all. But this, some interviews, and the players coming in gives me more confidence as they are for the right positions and should be of a much higher calibre. Here's hoping we can gel quickly and start the season well. 

Some need to remember how quickly things can turn round in football. Although the 5-1 was awful to watch we went to the girodome in 2000 with the following team.

Klos, Ricksen, Konterman, Amoruso, Vidmar, Reyna, Ferguson, van Bronckhorst, McCann, Dodds, Wallace.

Not too shabby but we got beat 6-2.:duh:

Then 3 months later we humped them by a score of ( yes you guessed it) 5-1 and it could have been a lot more. So heres hoping for a big reversal of last seasons score when the new season starts.WATP.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Why?

Would it make you feel better about last year's squad if we were capable of holding on for a draw....just so we keep them in place for next season to try and batten down the hatches again?

If that 5-1 gubbing was the catalyst  to find out the majority weren't up to the task(which we all knew anyway)then fair play.....time will tell if it's bullshit or a mark of a good manager.

It would have made me happier to see the managers display his tactical nouse to get a result against a stronger team rather than all this ideological nonsense.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Why?

Would it make you feel better about last year's squad if we were capable of holding on for a draw....just so we keep them in place for next season to try and batten down the hatches again?

If that 5-1 gubbing was the catalyst  to find out the majority weren't up to the task(which we all knew anyway)then fair play.....time will tell if it's bullshit or a mark of a good manager.

Good shout.  

So, we have more than 90% of the players Pedro wanted, according to King.

We have signed 8 players. In order for more than 90% to be correct we'd have had to have signed 10 out of 11 (9 out of 10 only gives 90)

I hope someone other than King is doing the finances if that is his level of maths.... :whistle:

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

So, we have more than 90% of the players Pedro wanted, according to King.

We have signed 8 players. In order for more than 90% to be correct we'd have had to have signed 10 out of 11 (9 out of 10 only gives 90)

I hope someone other than King is doing the finances if that is his level of maths.... :whistle:

8 / 9 * 100 is 88.888% rounded up to 90%, seems reasonable enough to me.

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Their team in the Scottish cup semi final was much the same as the previous year in which they were dung.....their  players reacted better under a different manager where ours didn't......either the manager is also dud or the players are just shite!!

For me, it's plain to see the players are just shite.

Guarentee no one will leave us this summer and go on to actually do anything decent with the rest of their career.

McKay is a slim possibility of going on and doing something if he leaves. Then again I don't think he has it in him to consistently play well at a high level.

It's obvious we need more. Last seasons team needed ripped apart, the squad did in fact, and there's still numerous imposters disgracing our shirt this season again. We still need 2 full backs, another winger and a goalscoring striker, as well as Dorrans and McLean if that's our 2 targets. That's 6 more, as a minimum. All first team proper quality. No fucking about. 

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

For me, it's plain to see the players are just shite.

Guarentee no one will leave us this summer and go on to actually do anything decent with the rest of their career.

McKay is a slim possibility of going on and doing something if he leaves. Then again I don't think he has it in him to consistently play well at a high level.

Hence the reason we have already signed 8, I stated in another thread that we needed 10 New players.....I never actually believed we would get 10 but fair play as we look like we will end up with a minimum of 10 maybe even 11......throw in rossiter and that will be a dozen new faces for Pedro to work with, offload the dead wood and we will have a very decent squad which will have a blend of home based and foreign talent