More Players Still To Come - Dave King

Guest Lloyd72

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's obvious we need more. Last seasons team needed ripped apart, the squad did in fact, and there's still numerous imposters disgracing our shirt this season again. We still need 2 full backs, another winger and a goalscoring striker, as well as Dorrans and McLean if that's our 2 targets. That's 6 more, as a minimum. All first team proper quality. No fucking about. 

I think Alfredo has been signed to be our main goalscorer, I reckon if we get Dorrans he will offer us at least 10 goals from the middle of the park......I know everyone carped on about how shite the defence was last season but the stark reality was our lack of goals was the major reason for our struggles, I lost count of the amount of games that we only scored 2 goals at most.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting miricles this season but with the players we have signed it does start to feel like we're going to have  proper team again. We're going to have that little bit of quality you'd expect from a Rangers team! Hopefully we get Dorrans before the window closes. 

16 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's obvious we need more. Last seasons team needed ripped apart, the squad did in fact, and there's still numerous imposters disgracing our shirt this season again. We still need 2 full backs, another winger and a goalscoring striker, as well as Dorrans and McLean if that's our 2 targets. That's 6 more, as a minimum. All first team proper quality. No fucking about. 

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year and here is my list, if I can have it in July it would be great.

18 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Some need to remember how quickly things can turn round in football. Although the 5-1 was awful to watch we went to the girodome in 2000 with the following team.

Klos, Ricksen, Konterman, Amoruso, Vidmar, Reyna, Ferguson, van Bronckhorst, McCann, Dodds, Wallace.

Not too shabby but we got beat 6-2.:duh:

Then 3 months later we humped them by a score of ( yes you guessed it) 5-1 and it could have been a lot more. So heres hoping for a big reversal of last seasons score when the new season starts.WATP.:thumbsup:

Always said we won on away goals 

Will be very interested to see who the 2 other players are who actually arrive.  

Even more interested to see if Pedro can mould the squad into the sort of effective, offensive, winning team that is needed to produce a proper Rangers side this season and one which can truly challenge for the title.   A team of players with enough of the characteristics that Pedro will be familiar with....those of the Miura bull.    It's a tall order to forge a team that wins consistently enough from so many changes but that level of change was unavoidable after the weak mess Warburton left behind.   It'll be a very big test of Pedro's managerial skills as well as a big test of the ability of the new players to adapt to Rangers and Scottish football quickly and deliver the required results.     

21 hours ago, harlands plater said:

I think he would have figured out who was worth keeping without sending a team out to play in a way that left us open to a humiliating result.

Would he have though?  Sent out a team to play the way he wants us to play.  Pretty clear almost all not up for the job.  Play 10 men behind the ball.. what do you learn? In this context.. nothing.

Whilst Pedro Caixinha is a gamble,any new manager is a gamble no matter their reputation(Paul Le Guen)  The big difference between these two is Le Guen came in and tried to make radical changes to players too set in their ways.(either unwilling or unable to change to his style of training/play.

Pedro on the other hand has seen last years squad up close for a good spell at the end of the season.....he will know already who he wants to keep,and the players in question know if they have the ambition to want to work with him. Also,of the  the new signings,quite a few have either worked under him already,or played in the same league as him,so know what is expected of them.....i am quietly optimistic that this could be a special season.

20 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Some need to remember how quickly things can turn round in football. Although the 5-1 was awful to watch we went to the girodome in 2000 with the following team.

Klos, Ricksen, Konterman, Amoruso, Vidmar, Reyna, Ferguson, van Bronckhorst, McCann, Dodds, Wallace.

Not too shabby but we got beat 6-2.:duh:

Then 3 months later we humped them by a score of ( yes you guessed it) 5-1 and it could have been a lot more. So heres hoping for a big reversal of last seasons score when the new season starts.WATP.:thumbsup:

4 times i have seen us being gubbed by 4 off they bastards, twice it was a fluke given how strong our team was, last season however was no fluke, hence why something had to be done big time, and im still not convinced we have a full team capable of reversing that, fullback areas really worry me given its still tav and wallace

22 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I'lI be blunt and totally honest here. Rodgers v Caxhinha doesn't fill me with confidence 

Rodgers has had it easy up here his 1st season, cunts all making out like he's some sort off football genius!, with th the resources he had up against that shower of shite warburton "assembled" anything less than a treble would have been a failure!.

it was the same at the start of the leaping leprechaun o'neils time in charge of the taigs, the mhedia frothing at the mouth over him!, he soon got put in his place aswell.

4 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Rodgers has had it easy up here his 1st season, cunts all making out like he's some sort off football genius!, with th the resources he had up against that shower of shite warburton "assembled" anything less than a treble would have been a failure!.

it was the same at the start of the leaping leprechaun o'neils time in charge of the taigs, the mhedia frothing at the mouth over him!, he soon got put in his place aswell.

aye MoN did get put in his place, but it took a scottish gaffer who knew this game inside out to do it,

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

aye MoN did get put in his place, but it took a scottish gaffer who knew this game inside out to do it,

Yeah m8, the point I'm making is that Brenda has had it easy, he's had no challenge up here yet, the mhedia wankfest over him is cringeworthy TBH, cunts talking about him like he's Sir Alex Ferguson or Jose Morinho FFS

23 hours ago, harlands plater said:

I would have preferred to batten the hatches.

Yes mate .Fucking garbage to hear that .Wind the beggars up Dave all day long but don't insult our intelligence

Worst day of my footballing life and there is no excuses ,even from Pedro or himself for that abortion of a performance from players to Management 

15 hours ago, dan_ger said:

I'm not expecting miricles this season but with the players we have signed it does start to feel like we're going to have  proper team again. We're going to have that little bit of quality you'd expect from a Rangers team! Hopefully we get Dorrans before the window closes. 

Dorrans within the next 24 hours according to Pedro in the evening papers. :thumbup:

On 24/06/2017 at 11:49 PM, harlands plater said:

I think he would have figured out who was worth keeping without sending a team out to play in a way that left us open to a humiliating result.

Spot on. He must've known we had an inferior calibre of player and especially after watching the game at breezeblock boulevard, the tactics were simple. To allow those rheptiles to get a result like that against us at home (when they are let's face it an average team) was just fkn bollocks.  It showed a total lack of understanding about the fixture and what it means to us as fans. 

On 2017-6-24 at 11:38 PM, harlands plater said:

I would have preferred to batten the hatches.

Aye, the old stick-your-head-in-the-sand tactic.

Being prepared to expose, and then learn from, your own vulnerability is a huge strength in sports (and business, personal, etc) development.

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Would like to see relatively "big name" striker signed, along with the Scottish guys that are being touted 

I honestly think that is our one big failing we are feeding Waghorn 3 or 4 chances a game a decent striker would finish we need better quality.

Just now, Smile said:

I honestly think that is our one big failing we are feeding Waghorn 3 or 4 chances a game a decent striker would finish we need better quality.

We had more problems up top last year than defensively at times imo.

games we should've been out of sight in we drew or lost. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

We had more problems up top last year than defensively at times imo.

games we should've been out of sight in we drew or lost. 

There would be less pressure on the defence if we had strikers other teams feared they would not sit right on top off us at times.

Not stating that Herrera and Morelos are poor I'm hoping they are fantastic but they are unproven, would be good to get someone who could guarantee goals for us.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

There would be less pressure on the defence if we had strikers other teams feared they would not sit right on top off us at times.

Not stating that Herrera and Morelos are poor I'm hoping they are fantastic but they are unproven, would be good to get someone who could guarantee goals for us.

nothing guarantees goals though, look at boyds second term with us, granted we were playing honking football but even the half chances he took so easily in his first term here he was missing the second time around

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

nothing guarantees goals though, look at boyds second term with us, granted we were playing honking football but even the half chances he took so easily in his first term here he was missing the second time around

It's true, but we have to hope that whoever comes in can make the most of the host of chances we make per game as the forwards now(not counting the new players ) will offer no better than they did last season.