Let It Rain.

A lot of us will have memories from the sixties and seventies of the tims streaming out of the old Ibrox and Hampden games early, well beaten, and the rain streaming down on them to add to their misery, as the Gers fans sang "Go Home Ya H***" (Yep that was originally our song, just another they stole from someone else, just like YNWA). Anyone got other memories of games played in torrential downpours ? Days when if your team won the toss, they'd choose to play with the tide ?

Here's Blackpool trooping off the pitch after a battle in the mud.

d57dc2927b8c07b2609164bc15a0b3ba--charlt

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

A lot of us will have memories from the sixties and seventies of the tims streaming out of the old Ibrox and Hampden games early, well beaten, and the rain streaming down on them to add to their misery, as the Gers fans sang "Go Home Ya H***" (Yep that was originally our song, just another they stole from someone else, just like YNWA). Anyone got other memories of games played in torrential downpours ? Days when if your team won the toss, they'd choose to play with the tide ?

Do you know what year that was mate?

In one of my old football DVDs, think it was Own Goals and Gaffes, there was a clip from a Brazil game played around 2000 and the pitch was basically a river but the ref didn't call it off until the 89th minute :lol: 

5 hours ago, tannerall said:

Derby's old baseball ground used to look like that in the middle of summer FFS!!!

5 hours ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Do you know what year that was mate?

No, I've googled it but can't find it again, sorry.

I guess it was probably one of the September weekends when traditionally lost of Glaswegians in particular used to take the trip down to Blackpool for the traditional weekend and Monday break and it usually chucked it down.

13 hours ago, tannerall said:

Probably the last time some of them actually had a wash!

13 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

In one of my old football DVDs, think it was Own Goals and Gaffes, there was a clip from a Brazil game played around 2000 and the pitch was basically a river but the ref didn't call it off until the 89th minute :lol: 

That the one with Rory McGrath?

On 6/25/2017 at 10:49 PM, harlands plater said:

I remember the epic 4-4 draw with the tarriers at Ibrox being played in a downpour. I was at the front of the Enclosure and got soaked through.

I watched the highlights of that game on Friday night.

I was also in the east enclosure that day not far from where  mccoist ran to celebrate when he slapped his boot the fist pumped