Dave King - "Fans and Supporters"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think hes been half cut when he done this interview but he's right in a way.

How annoying is it to watch the team in the flesh all season good and bad and form an opinion

onlu to see some wee tit in the boozer or facebook or whatever giving it "This is fuckin shockin, this isny rangers class" etc.

The same diddy whos watched a single 45 minute half all season buts the first to begging online for OF tickets for him and 4/5 of his gimpy likeminded pals.

As a ST holder that annoys me.

But If I had put money (maybe not 30m) but still money in to try and get a club from the brink to the top of scottish football, spent a lot of time in court fighting to put right what previous corrupt bastards done to make a few quid only to be ridiculed by some armchair fan bentshot I'd be fucking livid.

He's quite right in what he's said he might be a million miles from perfect, best of a bad bunch or whatever but hes done a lot for this club.

And idiots that fucked off in 2012 and have came back to watching one game a season now don't have the right to criticise King, the manager, the players or the support.

1 minute ago, Tam Müller said:

How annoying is it to watch the team in the flesh all season good and bad and form an opinion

onlu to see some wee tit in the boozer or facebook or whatever giving it "This is fuckin shockin, this isny rangers class" etc.

The same diddy whos watched a single 45 minute half all season buts the first to begging online for OF tickets for him and 4/5 of his gimpy likeminded pals.

But If I had put money (maybe not 30m) but still money in to try and get a club from the brink to the top of scottish football, spent a lot of time in court fighting to put right what previous corrupt bastards done to make a few quid only to be ridiculed by some armchair fan bentshot I'd be fucking livid.

He's quite right in what he's said he might be a million miles from perfect, best of a bad bunch or whatever but hes done a lot for this club.

And idiots that fucked off in 2012 and have came back to watching one game a season now don't have the right to criticise King, the manager, the players or the support.

King fucked off in 2012 and makes about a couple of games a season now. 

King is just a creepy weirdo tbh

He looks like it, strange looking bloke

And then he comes out with what just sounds like deluded nonsense

Just a weird creepy cunt who seems like the type that folk feel awkward the entire time he's in a room and can't wait for him to leave. The kind you wouldn't want to leave your kids alone with

Dave King has no clue what it it means to be a Rangers fan because he isn't one. Trying to tell us who are and aren't fans? I won't even bother defending myself or other fans from that statement. He's a wank

He might have done some good business recently but he's a nieve weird arsehole

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

He's got a point about fans and supporters, I got pissed off after being at the game to support the team going into my local and fans ( not at the game )  sitting there in their Rangers tops telling me what is wrong with the team

So if you don't go to Ibrox you don't deserve a say about Rangers?? Really

Lot of folk how went to Manchester would disagree. 

Nothing more than a soundbite for club1872. He needs the supporters' money to succeed, and he'll say anything he must to get it.

Despite the good news emanating from the club this week, I still don't trust him one bit.

Like everyone else, he knows the support will keep giving.

We're a victim of our own loyalty, and the moneymen know that.

Wish he would just fukk off back tae SA and leave me tae (hopefully) enjoy the fitba.

4 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

The majority of those who "fucked off" are the Kingalings

I've been called a "doubter" for years because I didn't boycott, so I'm a "doubter" while sitting in Alloa watching us get pumped, but the guy in his house watching is a "believer". 

It annoys me when folk gloryhunt as I'd call it but there's plenty of reasons why folk can't go

And for King to imply that everyone who goes to games loves him and the critics are all armchair fans is just delusional lies. I think he's a fucking prick and I've had an ST my whole life

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

He's got a point about fans and supporters, I got pissed off after being at the game to support the team going into my local and fans ( not at the game )  sitting there in their Rangers tops telling me what is wrong with the team

I see yer point, but that's like telling somebody they're not allowed an opinion on Tesco cos their wife does the shopping. ?

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

King fucked off in 2012 and makes about a couple of games a season now. 

Fair point but I couldn't give a monkeys.

He's put cash in to keep the lights on and won the battle with fatman which few would even have attempted.

Kings a million miles away from our dream chairman but he's done a lot for Rangers.

Wish he'd button it sometimes but The difference between fan and supporter speech is spot on 

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

What about fans in other countries that have to pay for travel and accommodation every time they buy a ticket for a game?

Do they not have as much of a say because they can't walk or drive to the ground like the lucky ones that can?

He's put cash in to keep the lights on and won the battle with fatman which few would even have attempted.

Kings a million miles away from our dream chairman but he's done a lot for Rangers.

Wish he'd button it sometimes but The difference between fan and supporter speech is spot on 

So it wasn't SoS that won the battle with fatman? ?

The Bears that subscribe to RTV, are they fans or supporters?

The parents that buy their kids replica shirts every year, what are they?

People support our club in many different ways, some can't get to every game. It's really bad patter from King to come out with this nonsense.

Just now, Tam Müller said:

I'm not getting into an argument over this stupid interview, if your a Bear your a Bear. Your not more of a Bear if go to every game while some are happy to watch at home or can't afford today's football

2 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Nothing more than a soundbite for club1872. He needs the supporters' money to succeed, and he'll say anything he must to get it.

Despite the good news emanating from the club this week, I still don't trust him one bit.

Like everyone else, he knows the support will keep giving.

We're a victim of our own loyalty, and the moneymen know that.

Wish he would just fukk off back tae SA and leave me tae (hopefully) enjoy the fitba.

Part of it is due to to the level of confusion around the time of administration

All of a sudden were all hit with all this stuff about administrators and all this stuff most of us haven't a clue about, so in all this confusion Bears turned to people "in the know" to explain it to them,  these folk became "leaders" and Bears start to blindly follow them,  so King only has to please a few blazer chasers and suddenly he has the backing of thousands because bears have got into the habit of just believing what their groups leader tells them

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The majority of those who "fucked off" are the Kingalings

I've been called a "doubter" for years because I didn't boycott, so I'm a "doubter" while sitting in Alloa watching us get pumped, but the guy in his house watching is a "believer". 

It annoys me when folk gloryhunt as I'd call it but there's plenty of reasons why folk can't go

And for King to imply that everyone who goes to games loves him and the critics are all armchair fans is just delusional lies. I think he's a fucking prick and I've had an ST my whole life

Boycott was personal choice mate would never act snooty or uppity towards anybody that went to Ibrox and supported the team during a very grim period

I understand plenty can't go as often as theyd want Work, family, distance, ill health or whatever but my point is there are many who brag about supporting rangers when they know little or nothing about the situation the clubs been in and is in now or simply aren't interested

Feel hes justified to tell those that only "support" rangers for OFs and cup finals to fuck off.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What about fans in other countries that have to pay for travel and accommodation every time they buy a ticket for a game?

Do they not have as much of a say because they can't walk or drive to the ground like the lucky ones that can?

Your a Rangers fan if you're middle to upper class and can afford an ST and live within driving distance of Ibrox

Or if you've given King money

10 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

I know what you are saying and I agree wth some of it because when I wasn't going to games I classed myself as a fan and not a supporter HOWEVER what I think doesn't matter. He is the chairman of a huge club with a huge fanbase. He shouldn't be pissing off that fanbase.

This has been a great week for our club and the feel good factor has been brilliant and now he's pissed off a lot of fans (and supporters :p:)! He should just keep his thoughts to himself sometimes.

If someone says they support Rangers that has always been good enough for me. I live in Manchester and there have been times in my life when I could attend games and others, like now, because of ill health, when I can't. I'll take no lectures from a twat like Mr King as to whether I'm a supporter or not. I know he isn't.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Read my other reply to with heart and hand mate. Theyre supporters, fans are the diddies that just see Rangers as a brand and didnt want to know when we were getting horsed by Alloa but now are vocal about whats going on.

Boycott was personal choice mate would never act snooty or uppity towards anybody that went to Ibrox and supported the team during a very grim period

I understand plenty can't go as often as theyd want Work, family, distance, ill health or whatever but my point is there are many who brag about supporting rangers when they know little or nothing about the situation the clubs been in and is in now or simply aren't interested

Feel hes justified to tell those that only "support" rangers for OFs and cup finals to fuck off.

So you're a staunch fan if you make the personal choice to not go to games 

But if you're skint and can't afford to go you're not a fan?

Just now, Tam Müller said:

Read my other reply to with heart and hand mate. Theyre supporters, fans are the diddies that just see Rangers as a brand and didnt want to know when we were getting horsed by Alloa but now are vocal about whats going on.

Total bollocks.