Dave King - "Fans and Supporters"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Kings views are spot on re this subject .been saying it for years,we have a large "fan" base but how many are actual supporters of the club in that they contribute to the clubs existance as against bumping their gums in websites and pubs when they could hardly find their way to Ibrox.we all know the type and if they contributed financially to the club no matter how little and no matter where they come from then they would indeed be supporters and the club would be better off.but like in all walks of life some like to talk the talk and leave it to others to pick up the tab.

Then you have the season ticket holders who back King.

16 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Whatever can be reasonably affordable.Big difference between a supporter and a fan IMO.i was a Dean Martin Fan but I never contributed a fucking penny to him

How can ye be a fan of someone you've never seen or heard?

Its delusional to think you can use this flawed argument to place yourself beyond or outside of criticism, like Donald J Trump or some totalitarian loser. Supporters and fans money is all the same colour.  Rangers fans and supporters pay their money and are entitled to call things as they see them. To argue otherwise would have us left with Warburton and his 'players' for yet another season. 

4 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Is the American 'blogger' who has never been to Ibrox in his puff but revered by so many, a fan or a supporter?

Also stood for club1872 board, who defended his nomination by stating he could Skype into meetings.

Just now, thebooler said:

So he had absolutely nothing at all to do with the boycott of games, or merchandise, or the scheme whereby you gave him your money instead of buying a ST?

Of course he did but it wasn't during his tenure.

".....I differentiate supporters from fans, and in all the statements I issue from the club, I am very careful about when I talk about supporters and when I talk about fans. Supporters are always fans, but fans are not always supporters. So, when I look at the club, I talk about those that are buying season tickets in record numbers every season. I’m talking about the 50,000 supporters that arrived at Ibrox for the first game in the Third Division and gave the record UK crowd.    “That is the supporters I’m interested in. Not the fan who happens to be a Glasgow Rangers fan and criticises the manager after the first game, who rubbishes players with language that is completely intemperate – they are not supporters. The supporters are the ones who are coming at the club and who continue to support us......There are some fans out there...........who to me are not actually true supporters..............what we are doing for the club is for the real supporters."

Divisive Dave giving setting his tablet of stone measure of what a real supporter of Rangers is.  Deliberately and carefully creating a decisive wedge of definition of the sort of person he is willing to class as a supporter and by exclusion therefore those who do not fall on the right side of his differentiation are not true supporters.   

You gotta wonder why he has decided to dish out this sort of divisive garbage at this time.   Something must've gotten under his skin to use an RTV interview to launch this sort of divisive attack.   It's the sort of statement you'd expect from tinpot ruler of a tinpot one-party state........a sort of 'think what I think and believe what I say or fuck off and take your money with you'.

It sure is a good way (not) to get alongside those who don't measure up to his definition of what a true supporter is.    Better not rely on them then Dave when it comes to looking for people to buy shares when a share issue comes around.  Wonder if the new guy Wolhardt is classed as a supporter then?   Or does buying £1m worth of shares get you an honorary status of 'supporter' and your own special welcome statement and be talked of in first name terms eh?   

So with divisive Dave as chairman he has created a sort of Rangers football equivalent of an institutionalised, systematic, segregation and discrimination between those who he classes as supporters and those who he classes as something lesser ie fans.   Those whose opinions count and those whose opinions don't count. Those who tacitly support all that Dave and the Board does, and those who have a different view and who give air to that view and because they do are as a result are of a lesser standing in his calculations.   

What a way for a chairman of Rangers to act.