Ibrox, Old And New, Different Perspectives.

tannerall

Rangers squad photograph from 1902 taken in front of the Pavilion at Ibrox

1902.thumb.jpg.84d5bc065849940dc01055f326085709.jpg
The view along the old South Stand at Ibrox before the famous Archie Leitch designed Stand replaced it in 1928

594fe49de8fe0_pre1928.thumb.jpg.b5362467c0ec5acc6e4767c5a1ece2c4.jpg
The extension of the North Stand roof in 1954

1954.thumb.jpg.4ea7846dfa4334bc3e80d3d377a44839.jpg

28 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Remember paying 60p to get entrance into the ground and then (sometimes) paying an extra 40p to get access to the Centenary Stand. That was around 1976-78.

Used to do the same in the 60s to get into the Enclosure.  Enclosure had no boys gate and Ibrox was the only ground I encountered (in my childhood days) where the turnstile operator & stewards would try to stop you getting lifted over.

Remember my father taking to games when I was nine, I use stand on old beer cans in the Scum end as he wouldn't let me go into the traditional Rangers end as it was crazy lol. Can't remember the section number but it was next to where the old centenary stand was.

32 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Captain Ian McColl leads out his Rangers at Ibrox, in the days where everyone wore a shirt & tie and the dugouts had windows! lol

dugouts.jpg.c78f49ea5aefb31d23ffe91a8b9a5772.jpg

That's the definitive Rangers strip in my opinion, black socks with red top, baggy white shorts and blue top with a big white V and no f*cking advertising some worthless sh*t. Good old days indeed.

33 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Remember my father taking to games when I was nine, I use stand on old beer cans in the Scum end as he wouldn't let me go into the traditional Rangers end as it was crazy lol. Can't remember the section number but it was next to where the old centenary stand was.

Trying to remember my first game. 

Was in septic end 74ish cup game against airdrie or Ayr.  We got beat but remember not wanting to leave until they let the balloons go that were behind the goals under big nets. Anyone remember????

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Remember paying 60p to get entrance into the ground and then (sometimes) paying an extra 40p to get access to the Centenary Stand. That was around 1976-78.

i remember going to ibrox when we played real madrid in the european cup would love to know what year it was i think the crowd was around 80.000  think they won 1 nil  if my memory is correct it cost 10bob or 50p now

hope someone can come up with the year to see how young i was

october 63   real 1 rangers 0    puskas 87 min.. return in spain  real 6 us 0   1st round 80k at ibrox game it was only 3/6  17.5p  league price but they new we would only have 1 game so it went to 50p  tthey had some of the best in tyhe world legends  puskas  de steffano gento ....

26 minutes ago, pcbear said:

These cracking gates ended up at the Broomloan end I think, the ones in that position now are nowhere near as ornate.

You're right mate idk why they moved them 

Top to Bottom- Original Gates and Copland Road end, in new position at Broomloan Road end, and imitation gates in place at the Copland Road Stand

Gates.thumb.jpg.d3416884603e7dd9cdfa31d3ae546c4a.jpg