Ibrox, Old And New, Different Perspectives.

tannerall

4 minutes ago, boyd09 said:

It was no man's land Tim's had the corner section and then after empty seats it was back with us , I was up there for the 2  2 game when gough equalised in last minute the scums faces you would have thought we had hammered them 

I take it the pic I found of them in west enclosure is real I never remember them being in there I always thought Bears had the enclosures?

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

The tims being in the Main Stand is only a vague memory for me, but I remember them in the West Enclosure quite vividly.

To think the capacity was only 45,000 and we gave them the whole of the Broomloan ,west enclosure and some seating in the main stand. :confused:

Just now, Band of Brothers said:

I take it the pic I found of them in west enclosure is real I never remember them being in there I always thought Bears had the enclosures?

Yeah mate, think it was early '90s when they stopped getting it.

Was that regular or just during rebuilding Inigo?

Regular. We got part of their Main Stand as well. Both sides started to decrease the allocations for the away support in the early 90s.

I went to my first game against the scum in 83 I was 9 years old and they had part of the govan stand the full broomloan and the  west enclosure  way too much for those pricks 

3 minutes ago, murzo said:

To think the capacity was only 45,000 and we gave them the whole of the Broomloan ,west enclosure and some seating in the main stand. :confused:

Yeah. Although we got more at the piggery as well, we always seemed to get less as a percentage than they did.

1 minute ago, boyd09 said:

I went to my first game against the scum in 83 I was 9 years old and they had part of the govan stand the full broomloan and the  west enclosure  way too much for those pricks 

Aye, that's right. I've seen footage of that.

1 minute ago, boyd09 said:

Fucking hell thank fuck times have changed just wish they never got a full stand and were fucked in a corner away from cameras.

1 minute ago, Band of Brothers said:

Fucking hell thank fuck times have changed just wish they never got a full stand and were fucked in a corner away from cameras.

That's one of many things I hate about them being at Ibrox. Give them the club deck where they're out of sight of the cameras at least, tho I know it's not possible for security reasons.

1 minute ago, Band of Brothers said:

Big time I would put them up in the top corner of club deck so we couldn't hear them or see them no cameras ever up there , to be honest I would give them fuck all tickets but that won't happen again 

By the way, the blue seats arrived for the beginning of season 95. Also, 3 extra rows were added in 92 when the pitch was lowered, the Club Deck opened in 1991 and the offices at the back of the Govan (the sort of brown corrugated extension) was added in 1990. I remember as a youngster being really fascinated by all of the changes going on in the first half of the 90s.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

By the way, the blue seats arrived for the beginning of season 95. Also, 3 extra rows were added in 92 when the pitch was lowered, the Club Deck opened in 1991 and the offices at the back of the Govan (the sort of brown corrugated extension) was added in 1990. I remember as a youngster being really fascinated by all of the changes going on in the first half of the 90s.

First home game of the season walking in and seeing what had changed, enclosure being seated, blue seats, even daft stuff like the sliding tunnel and new dugouts.

Also seem to remember the Club Deck supports (the struts that hold it up from the Main Stand) being much thicker at first. They were somehow narrowed quite substantially after a while, a few months, I think. The restricted view seats would have been really crap before that happened. I'm sure it was some kind of afterthought to narrow them, although I don't know why it didn't happen in the first place.

1 minute ago, murzo said:

First home game of the season walking in and seeing what had changed, enclosure being seated, blue seats, even daft stuff like the sliding tunnel and new dugouts.

Yup. I remember exactly that. The best bit was the construction of the CD and the changes that whole stand in general. I was only about 12/13, so I loved coming in at the start of the season, and even just for every home game, and seeing what all had been done the last few months/weeks.

2 minutes ago, Cobham said:

The blue seats need changed again for ones that are all the same colour! 

Yeah. Back when it was first done it looked so fresh and vibrant. Bit...aged... looking now. Still looks good but.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Also remember the Club Deck supports (the struts that hold it up from the Main Stand) being much thicker at first. They were somehow narrowed quite substantially after a while, a few months, I think. The restricted view seats would have been really crap before that happened. I'm sure it was some kind of afterthought to narrow them, although I don't know why it didn't happen in the first place.

I remember they had to get huge crane in to lift the roof structure not sure if it came in 2 parts just mind they were massive.

I remember they had to get huge crane in to lift the roof structure not sure if it came in 2 parts just mind they were massive.

yip. That bit was during the summer, I'm sure. Then the steel, concrete and seats were hung from it during the season and you'd see a bit extra each time you turned up.

6 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Rangers v Alloa Athletic SC tie crowd scene at  Ibrox 1921!

IMG_2854.thumb.JPG.5392e5421980141ad6f10b4cbfc69f99.JPG

IMG_4980.PNG.7025ef66e0ef6e4c2c218d380595377f.PNG

Best pic of the thread. All the old WW1 vets getting back to normality as best they can, by the looks of it. Tremendous.

25 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Back when it was first done it looked so fresh and vibrant. Bit...aged... looking now. Still looks good but.

I thought the Broomloan, Copland and Govan had started to look a bit dated last time I was there...and I haven't laid eyes on it for nearly 6 years.

It will be an interesting and emotional experience on Thursday night.

I would love it if the three stands were remodelled to look a bit more like Leitch designed the whole thing and look a bit more industrial to fit in with the heritage of the area and Glasgow in general, kind of the way the baseball stadiums in America do the retro-modern ball parks but not in a tacky way.