Realistically...

What does Pedro need to achieve this coming season to call it successful.  I was allowing myself to go a bit OTT because of all the good news pre-season, but trying to be sensible what do we all think?

Group stages of Europa

Scottish cup

Within single digits of the great unwashed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A close second is with us putting up a real challenge, something we know we can push on from because no one wants another summer of wholesale changes. Next summer we need to see we are 'just' strengthening and not a 8-10 player rebuild. 

2nd, and considerably closer than last season. I'd say max 10 to 12 points behind.

That's it.

Don't expect to beat the bheasts at their place so given that could happen in the cups then they're not in my list of minimal expectations.

Europe is just gravy, it's all about significant progress in our footballing style and league results.

Focus needs to be on the league -- Europa is just a (nice) distraction.  Pushing the scum all the way -- maybe even winning the league.  But I expect at a minimum splitting the OF matches this year and getting stronger as the year progresses.. much stronger.

bottom line... Massive improvements and I will be happy. :tu:

I want to see us consistently beating teams we dropped points against this year that we would seldom have dropped points against in the past. If we match or better the scum's results against the rest, I genuinely think they will bottle it. That doesn't mean I believe we're definitely going to win the league (although I expect to be much, much closer) - just that I don't believe "the invincibles" are anything of the sort and would love to see us put that to the test.

Nothing less than single digits behind septic. Win both our home games against them. Beat the sheep both our home games and at least one of theirs. Beat yellow teeths mob in all four league games. Win either Scottish or league cup.

Good run in Europe  and the treble a bit unrealistic at present but I can still dream.

Title for me that always has to be how we are judged each season and a cup is always , good ,

I hope Iam wrong but Europe will for this season be hard to go far as we don't have our team in place yet 

Fight desire, never give in attitude and we shouldn't be far away when the trophies are dished out

League is the priority, closer to Celtic that gives us a chance to challenge and more consistency against the rest.

Europe is a big ask, even against the lesser fancied teams.

Good cup run would be good but if we are still in the hunt with Celtic league wise I would sacrifice a run.

This season I would expect to be much closer to the tims and get a bit of silverware- either the Scottish cup or the league cup.

It would be great to win the league but I don't see it. Our players have hardly had a rest and I think our saving grace will be the winter break but they will be burnt out come January.