Realistically...

46 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I think the group stages could be more difficult than winning the Scottish Premiership title if i'm honest. Depends on the draw of course. It's a complete lottery. 

i think two home old firm game wins is really a must and to beat the sheep and hearts at least three times

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LETTER TO SANTA .....

To seriously make this season a proper contest between us and the scum .... not settling for draws with all the rest.

Putting the pressure onto them .... any repeat of last season is just not acceptable .... at least one cup .... preferably the Scottish cup.

Although a remote one .. I would be delighted if we did well in the qualifiers in the EL and showed promise at least of things to come.

I would also like to see Pedro stamp his authority on the game next season .... and become another successful manager of our Club.

:UK:

The leagues a big ask, you're expecting all the new players to be an instant success, to gel immediately and acclimatise to Scottish football from the first kick of a ball, unrealistic.

To those who said that we've invested 10m we should be winning it, had we invested £15 -20m I'd mibbe agree but imo 10m was never enough,  we've done the basics, think we'll need another 2 windows to bring in one or two players of genuine quality to have realistic expectations about winning the league.

get as close to the tarriers as we can, take points off them, win a cup, reach both finals, get as close to Europa league qualification as we can,  if we can sell out qualifiers its good income for the club and it will help to gel the players together in preparation for the league.

We do that and manage to bring in some quality in January and next summer, with this years players bedded in and competitive, 55 should be a serious consideration next season.

I think this season we may start off slower but improve as the season progresses when the players start to gel and find their feet in this League, having a Scottish contingent who has played here should help with that., 

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think this season we may start off slower but improve as the season progresses when the players start to gel and find their feet in this League, having a Scottish contingent who has played here should help with that., 

I think it'll help having the Scottish players in and around and supporting the imports will help a lot. The likes of jack in the middle, along with Pena and Herrera/Morelos potentially having miller in support, i do agree though I think it may be a slow start and thankfully the first few games are what id call easy games so hopefully we can still pull off results while they are bedding in.

9 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

This 

Too many surrender monkeys in this thread, how do ppl know we won't do anything in Europe? Some crystal ball u ppl have, having not seen a ball kicked.

I expect us to win every single game we play at Ibrox. 

We are Rangers.

Wee staunchy

I think a lot of people are forgetting that if we qualify for the Europa League groups, we will have a lot of Thursday night fixtures. Our track record in Europe is that we usually drop points after a midweek game, so that won't make the league easy. 

I'd say group stages of the Europa, pushing for the league, and a cup would be an acceptable season. I wouldn't say successful, as at Rangers anything other than 1st isn't success, and it never will be. 

10 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

2nd, and considerably closer than last season. I'd say max 10 to 12 points behind.

That's it.

Don't expect to beat the bheasts at their place so given that could happen in the cups then they're not in my list of minimal expectations.

Europe is just gravy, it's all about significant progress in our footballing style and league results.

Don't be silly. The higher power will assure we never get an away draw in a cup.

Has to be to win the league. Alves and Dorrans would be a statement of intent on winning the league. Rossiter looks a very good player, could potentially be the best midfielder in that particular role. Whether we win the league or not is another matter, but we must go for it.

12 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

2nd, and considerably closer than last season. I'd say max 10 to 12 points behind.

That's it.

Don't expect to beat the bheasts at their place so given that could happen in the cups then they're not in my list of minimal expectations.

Europe is just gravy, it's all about significant progress in our footballing style and league results.

Spot on ?

Let's take them out  the equation for the time being.   Of the other 34 league games we won 19, drew 9 and lost 6.  The 15 games we didn't win is where I expect us to make up points, maybe winning 8 of those games, drawing 5 and losing 2.   I would also expect us to score more goals in the games we do win so we improve markedly on our goals total of 56 last time out.

We only picked up 1 point in the OF games last season.  With improved form this time out I will go for parity with 1 win, 1 defeat and 2 draws.

Overall I would expect something like P 38 W 28 D 7 L 3. Pts 91

As for them, I expect that they will lose maybe 3 players and be less efficient than last season.   Pressure mounts and Brenda doesn't do pressure so it could be very interesting if we can make a slick start to the campaign.   

18 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

What does Pedro need to achieve this coming season to call it successful.  I was allowing myself to go a bit OTT because of all the good news pre-season, but trying to be sensible what do we all think?

Group stages of Europa

Scottish cup

Within single digits of the great unwashed.

SILVERWARE :cup:

18 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

What does Pedro need to achieve this coming season to call it successful.  I was allowing myself to go a bit OTT because of all the good news pre-season, but trying to be sensible what do we all think?

Group stages of Europa

Scottish cup

Within single digits of the great unwashed.

Were going to have to beat two top european teams to get to the group.

For me, minimum:

1. A close second (no more than 9 points)

2. Cup run (semis)

3. The last stage of europa qualifiers.

4. Dont get embarrased in ANY of the old firms. 

Number 4 is really important.