Gregg Wylde - Halliday on Thursday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Was Greg Wylde ever a footballer, him Perry,Naismith,Hutton and plenty more, just wtf was going on at Ibrox  if these guys got first team football being the cream of the Auchenhowie crop.

Even more baffling is the fact these players got game time in some prettt decent rangers teams. Hutton making his debut under smith against Man U in the champions league group stages being prime example.

1 hour ago, the_r_sole said:

I'm actually amazed that anyone still holds this opinion... Halliday has been given way more slack than anyone because he's a "rangers man" and he's shown time after time that he's simply not good enough to perform well enough at this club.

Having Kenny miller in the squad will do much more for the team than some one who has never played at a high level and has been shown to be incapable of it, you don't get respect from your peers by simply knowing what the fans at the club expect of you, you gain it by actually doing it, week in week out

He also got a banging MW contract extension so he's in effect taking out (money wise) more than he has put in. 

He's not value for money but getting rid of him and MOH is not going to be easy. 

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Caused a massive backlash by moving from the papes to us as a young boy.

Club could have rejected his offer, he did fuck all wrong in offering to leave. The fact he wasn't signed for months after leaving (IMO) proves he had nothing 'lined up'.

Literally signed for owen coyles Bolton about 1 week later

@WWTC

Well if it was 'lined up' why wasn't it the day after?

No, seriously - totally forgot about that. I wouldn't equate him to the rest though, the club could have rejected his request if they saw him as an asset.

5 minutes ago, BEE said:

No, seriously - totally forgot about that. I wouldn't equate him to the rest though, the club could have rejected his request if they saw him as an asset.

Think you wrong quoted me there BEE old chap :p:

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Was Greg Wylde ever a footballer, him Perry,Naismith,Hutton and plenty more, just wtf was going on at Ibrox  if these guys got first team football being the cream of the Auchenhowie crop.

Gregg Wylde did a job. His control and final ball could have been better but he was rapid on the left hand side. 

Having that kind of pace in the SPL means you are a tactical asset no matter what your technical ability is. Created a lot of space for Naismith or Jelavic to play in and around that season.

In my opinion he did a lot more than Weiss that season despite Weiss being streets ahead in ability.

I agree with Perry and Hutton. Kal Naismith could still be a decent player for a Inverness, Hamilton, Motherwell, or St Johnstone.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Think you wrong quoted me there BEE old chap :p:

Not my night. Also I'm disgusted with what you wrote and think we should be out there losing every game with a team of Mo Ross' clones.

57 minutes ago, BEE said:

@WWTC

I didnt comment on if it was or wasnt lined up mate, i was just correcting that part! 

Who really cares what Gregg Wylde thinks about Rangers team selection.

Andy Halliday is a die hard Rangers man, but unfortunately is not up to the standard required to get us to the next level.

Good luck to him in the future.

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

"I would have Andy Halliday in my squad, even if he's not playing...because he's a Rangers man"

Supporting Rangers doesn't mean you get to play for them. 

6 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

:tu:Id love to hear Kal Naismith's thoughts on the omission of O'Halloran.

To be fair, out of all the shite we had back then, kal Naismith is about the only one to forge a half decent career. Decent goals ratio for Pompey.