Quality of Scottish Press (Linfield)

Creampuff

17 minutes ago, ARockit said:

I notice the DR have taken down the article. The Scottish Sun had ( according to Google ) an article about Linfield taking them to task but it seems unavailable now too. Media closing ranks???

DR and sun reporters lurking on here reacting courageously to another Rangers Media news alert.

Shame we're not on a commission for each one they get.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Superb statement .

As others have said though it's seems illustrative of the way they lie with impunity . How can you make up that  story you know is going in a national newspaper, it's not like it's just bullshitting in the boozer . 

3 hours ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

...it's an interesting point to highlight we have been battered by the press for years now and dare I say it almost accept it as the norm these days amongst our support but it's certainly no coincidence that the only other club that they have attacked with Made up taigy victim fairytales are a club who like ourselves have a large Protestant unionst support and are the most successful in their league.....

Daily rhecord = Fenian propaganda for Fenian scum...

It's the Daily Ranger mate 

The only thing is .5/7 days it's a negative story .The other 2 is usually playing to the mugs that still buy it ,by previewing or talking about the forthcoming match 

It's republican ,beggar loving filth appealing only to Rangers haters 

It takes a club from outside Scotland to highlight how biased and bigoted this fenian rag of a newspaper actually is. As Rangers Supporters we are well versed with their venom directed almost daily towards our club.

Looks like we could learn from Linfield on how to handle these situations. No point in scatter gun barring of journalists only to overturn it a few months down the line.Linfield have totally humiliated and shown up this rags biased reporting and bitterness.  I hope more is made of this and it gets taken right to the top and the rag is hung out to dry.

33 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

It takes a club from outside Scotland to highlight how biased and bigoted this fenian rag of a newspaper actually is. As Rangers Supporters we are well versed with their venom directed almost daily towards our club.

Looks like we could learn from Linfield on how to handle these situations. No point in scatter gun barring of journalists only to overturn it a few months down the line.Linfield have totally humiliated and shown up this rags biased reporting and bitterness.  I hope more is made of this and it gets taken right to the top and the rag is hung out to dry.

Wouldn't count on it mate sadly 

The rebel are lying scumbags and are unlikely to change with Liewell pulling the strings in this Country 

And then we have our board ?

36 minutes ago, hammer time said:

Would I be right in thinking this wouldn't be the first time miller has made up stories, something about him and Graham Roberts time at Clyde and how it ended seems to ring a bell ?

He is a rent a quote beggar .

Just like so many they use nowadays to give some sort of validation to any agenda .Usually anti Rangers 

Think it was scumbag mutton yesterday 

24 minutes ago, hammer time said:

Would I be right in thinking this wouldn't be the first time miller has made up stories, something about him and Graham Roberts time at Clyde and how it ended seems to ring a bell ?

"Honest Joe" claimed GR had made racist comments while on a tour in Canada. Video evidence showed that to be untrue. GR was dismissed but took the club to a tribunial and won compensation (cant remember the amount)

"Honest Joe" had also received money from coaching sessions on the same tour and claimed it had been used for expenses when asked to hand it over. 

"Honest Joe" might not be honest imo.

PS Can we hire Linfields PR team please.

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He is a rent a quote beggar .

Just like so many they use nowadays to give some sort of validation to any agenda .Usually anti Rangers 

Think it was scumbag mutton yesterday 

Rent-a-quote :lol:  

If your opponents need some taunting just call, Rent-a-quote, 
We've got Phil's and ghouls and freaks and fools, at Rent-a-quote, 
Hear ooh aah up the ra, it's a haunting melody, 
Remember what you read is not a mystery but ..... Rent-a-quote! 
At your paper be a smarty and hire Rent-a-quote, 
You can get a bite from the other side, with Rent-a-quote, 
You can let our lying move you, and for fun play with young cocks, 
Because we aim to shock, we hope you knees will knock, that's Rent-a-quote!!!!

Ghoulish laughing fades..........

:mutley:  will I get ma jaikit?

5 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

FACT CHECKING a basic skill for all journalists except those who ply their trade in Scotland.

Appatently fact checking isn't necessary when you have a 'reliable source'. Amazing who Scottish journalists think are 'reliable'.

Has our resident Record Rangers blogger made an appearance yet?:lol:

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Appatently fact checking isn't necessary when you have a 'reliable source'. Amazing who Scottish journalists think are 'reliable'.

Has our resident Record Rangers blogger made an appearance yet?:lol:

Wee bitter joe reliable, fuck me I obviously need a new dictionary.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

Wee bitter joe reliable, fuck me I obviously need a new dictionary.

OED update

Reliable: In Scottish media circles this can be substituted for 'taig spouting pish' to circumvent any need to assess the veracity of information provided.

You'd at least think they could have checked the basics first:

Statement from Linfield Football Club
Posted : 26th June 2017 at 23:29:59

[ ]...The interview with Mr Miller, as told to the Daily Record reporter Gordon Parks, included such colourful details as the winger apparently being repeatedly targeted with laser rangefinders and that he and his colleagues, Derek Whyte, Tommy Craig and Roy Aitken were carrying match balls down a street after this game when they passed a public house where they were confronted by angry locals.

...and that in 1995 it would be some years before laser pointers became easily available ... [ ]

That would be some feat by Derek Whyte considering he was still playing for Middlesburgh in 95. He never signed for Aberdeen until 97 :sarcasm:

58 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6680697.stm

The former manager of Clyde football club has denied making racist and anti-Semitic remarks during a club tour of Canada.

Graham Roberts was giving evidence at an industrial tribunal in Glasgow.

The ex-Rangers player refutes claims that he called opponents Jew-boy, pineapple-head and donkey.

Mr Roberts, 47, said he was unfairly sacked by the club for highlighting financial irregularities concerning the funding of the trip to Canada.

He said he had been targeted after he "caught out" assistant manager Joe Miller.

Overseas tour

Mr Roberts said the accusations were made after he called Mr Miller a thief after discovering money for coaching was unavailable.

rest in link

good old fingers miller