Barrie McKay Training with under 20's

Smile

Long overdue. He's been holding the club to ransom for the 2nd time now over contract extensions. If rumours are true about him being tapped up by Celtic and waiting out a move to there then he should be binned right now. 

Flashes of good play, decent touch but ultimately a coward and nowhere near good enough to take us where we want.

Comes across thick as shit as well when speaking too. Definitely not the sharpest tool in the box. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

sick of our younger talent either not making the grade or pissing off without us getting a fee

whatever we are doing - it's not working

Yes, exactly this. He might not prove to be a star for us, but he has value as a player. We have to start making money out of players moving out the club. 

Turned down an improved offer indeed.

LBH, he's a shitebag and a spine is something he will never grow and hopefully I will never have to be disappointed by this over rated tosser ever again. 

What is the price of a shitebag these days? Be lucky to get a mil for him, so cheerio and gtf.

Honestly refreshing to see pedro take no shit here... year to go if he is stalling and not pulling his weight in games and training like its suggested then no qualms in getting rid, can join his pal breadman at forrest to never be heard of again 

never rated him in all honesty 

He turned down a contract in February which I believe was the first offer and since then has not heard anything since Caixinha came in.

He's well within his rights to turn down the first offer as happens with just about every contract negotiation up and down the country.

I would love to see McKay make the grade at ibrox. I think the lad has bags of talent but he needs to develop a more ruthless part to his game..  as the article says he needs to be more pro active.

look across at the piggery and we humph James Forrest in my opinion McKay is twice the player but the other guy is a lot more consistent

2 hours ago, Smile said:

404C688A00000578-0-image-a-77_1494802368

Barrie McKay's Rangers future has been cast into fresh doubt after the Scotland international was sent to train with the club’s Under-20s.

As Sportsmail first revealed, the 22-year-old turned down the offer of a pay rise and a two-year extension to his Ibrox contract in February.

With a year left to run on his current deal and no sign of compromise on either side, McKay was told to come in before first-team colleagues on Monday and informed he would be training with the development squad.

Barrie McKay can talk to interested clubs about a pre-contract agreement from January

Previously linked with a move to Bundesliga side RB Leipzig, McKay can talk to interested clubs about a pre-contract agreement from January next year – with ex-Rangers boss Mark Warburton keen to take him to Nottingham Forest.

Despite the impasse, he has been named in the Rangers squad submitted to UEFA ahead of Thursday’s Europa League game with Progres Niederkorn at Ibrox.

4059068B00000578-0-image-a-24_1494976907

Pedro Caixinha had warned 22-year-old Barrie McKay he needs to be more proactive 

Meanwhile, St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright has confirmed that he has enquired about a Perth return for frozen-out attacker Michael O’Halloran.

O’Halloran moved to Ibrox from McDiarmid Park for £500,000 in 2016, penning a four-and-a-half year deal.

However, the 26-year-old was used sparingly by both Warburton and his successor Caixinha — and was ordered by the Portuguese boss to train at 6am for a fortnight after failing to turn up for an Under-20s game against Hearts in April.

‘Michael is one player we have enquired about but in that position there are two or three other enquiries we have in at the minute,’ said Wright, who has submitted his own squad ahead of Thursday’s Europa League tie with Lithuanians FK Trakai, although the rules allow for one late ‘wildcard’ addition.

‘Michael’s situation is one that’s very much in Rangers’ hands. It’s not in any other club’s hands. It’s up to what Rangers want to do with him.

‘I was sad to see him go and, as I say, we have spoken to Rangers about him, about the possibility, but that’s outwith my control. At the minute the ball is in Rangers’ court.’

Rangers confirmed yesterday that this week’s game against Luxembourg minnows Progres Niederkorn – the Ibrox club’s first European fixture in six years – is a sell-out.

It will give Rangers fans a chance to see Caixinha’s new-look side after a summer signing spree in which he landed Ryan Jack, Fabio Cardoso, Dalcio, Carlos Pena, Eduardo Herrera and Alfredo Morelos.

Their fellow new recruit Bruno Alves won’t play on Thursday, however, as he is still on duty with Portugal at the Confederations Cup.

And his compatriot Daniel Candeias also misses out after his registration papers failed to arrive in time from former club Alanyaspor in Turkey.

Yesterday’s first-team training was held at Ibrox instead of Auchenhowie as Caixinha prepares his new recruits for Thursday night.

‘We are here at Ibrox to have a training session, one which needs to be more “game-like”,’ he said, ‘and I want that to be in the same scenario we are going to play the match. We are going to have a lot of new players, and I want the players to see the pitch, etc, before they get there. It is going to be a full house, and I want them to enjoy playing in that.

This is the Daily Mail were quoting here, some of the worse lying bastards in journalism.