Barrie McKay Training with under 20's

Smile

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrie is frustrating. We all know he has a lot of talent and has shown us some incredible flashes and some excellent football but I'm annoyed at him for his massive inconsistency.

Would love for him to wake the fuck up and realise what he's got here before he ends up at a boring and pointless club going nowhere when he could be a great for us.

Needs to be much more physical and aggressive and be consistently reliable then he has a future here.

If it's the same old Barrie then I agree with Pedro if he's dumped him with the kids. Hopefully a massive kick up the backside for the guy!

He should be a top player if he was consistent, but he's now at an age where he has to start delivering. 

If he signs a new deal, i'd be setting him a target of 10 league goals this season. Try and force him into taking more responsibility. He has one of the best shots in our team, but far too often he plays a simple ball rather than taking a risk when the shot is on.

He has a great touch and can show class in flashes, but overall I don't think he's that good.

Too easy to knock off the ball and not quick enough, the amount of times he's tried to hit the ball beyond an opponent and unable to out run them..

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

TBH this banishing players to the 20's seems a risky game to play imo.

unless they are causing disharmony amongst the squad then imo they should remain with the team

Spot on.

It's like sending your burd to the spare  bedroom. Sure she will know that you're pissed off with her but you've given up the chance of your hole too.

This is not the first time with Barrie, if the rumors are true his attitude problems were the reason he was put out on loan to Morton and it looks like it's his attitude which is causing issues again, I just wish the boy would screw the nut before he ruins his career as on his day he is a class player.

29 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

The paper's said the same thing about Halliday training with the 20s and it was a load of shite

So why we believing them now?

Because people have an axe to grind I suppose, they have it for all last seasons players - and I can understand it. People want to think that Forrester is a fat mess who doesn't care, people want to believe Barrie McKay is a pussy who has no mental strength, people want to think Halliday has a poor attitude. It would fit right in with peoples thinking if McKay asked for astronomical wages - it would mean cutting ties is so much easier - it would mean he's a cunt and we're happy to let him go. Not saying this is exactly what every person is thinking - these are examples.

It all fits in with what we want - to hate our players due to the shite they served up last season. I guess the papers know all this and ride on the crest of these waves, however I'm more and more moving towards not believing anything said in the papers and just waiting till it's official.

I'd rather support a player on a slim chance that something printed is not true rather than believing a paper which is highly likely to be true. Simply because we don't lose if we side with the player - we show great support - and if he turns out to be a cunt well, at least we tried. Siding with the papers - why?

I think Barrie is a reasonable player but fully support the manager here, if this is true of course. 

The days of players thinking they are all that and acting bigger than the club should be long gone. In spite of his potential his performances have fallen well short of the consistency expected of a first team regular in my opinion. The issue with rejecting a contract extension hardly shows commitment to us on the part of the player. In spite of all the Leipzig 6M pish I don't see a queue of top clubs lining up to take the player. I would suggest he either recognises the opportunity he has to play in a better Rangers side this season, gets his head down and works on improving his consistency and end product, or we accept his attitude is pathetic and get him moved on to obscurity. 

Barrie thinks he's actually bigger and better than he his. He always has done. Plays half decent in 1 out of every 5 games then it's back to the usual dross from him week in week out. His attitude is clearly honking, and no doubt believes he's going to get a big money deal for another club, but I love the way Pedro doesn't fuck about and bumps him straight into the 20s.

I really think there is a player in Barrie but unless he sorts his own head out he'll only ever be a might have been. I think he will move on but I doubt it'll be the big club he thinks he will get. Forest will be his limit I reckon but he will see it as a move nearer the English Prem and hoping he gets scouted.

I wish him well and will never forget that screamer in the cup semi. Ever.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

TBH this banishing players to the 20's seems a risky game to play imo.

unless they are causing disharmony amongst the squad then imo they should remain with the team

I get what your saying but I reckon Pedro only wants people 100% committed to the cause in the dressing room.

Barrie McKay has a questionable attitude at best and is stalling on signing a new deal so clearly isn't 100% committed to the cause at this moment in time.

If attitude changes or the contract is signed then brilliant, bring him back but until then I would probably agree with the manager.

He should absolutely be staying, genuinely can't grasp any argument against. He's the most naturally gifted player in the squad by miles until any of the new signings prove otherwise. If he remains as inconsistent as last season in a decent-good team over the next couple of years, then yes, it's time to go. But to punt a homegrown player of his ability and potential off the back of last season would be too trigger-happy for me. 

Then again, if he's refusing a new deal and wants out then i suppose that's a different story. 

8 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Because people have an axe to grind I suppose, they have it for all last seasons players - and I can understand it. People want to think that Forrester is a fat mess who doesn't care, people want to believe Barrie McKay is a pussy who has no mental strength, people want to think Halliday has a poor attitude. It would fit right in with peoples thinking if McKay asked for astronomical wages - it would mean cutting ties is so much easier - it would mean he's a cunt and we're happy to let him go. Not saying this is exactly what every person is thinking - these are examples.

It all fits in with what we want - to hate our players due to the shite they served up last season. I guess the papers know all this and ride on the crest of these waves, however I'm more and more moving towards not believing anything said in the papers and just waiting till it's official.

I'd rather support a player on a slim chance that something printed is not true rather than believing a paper which is highly likely to be true. Simply because we don't lose if we side with the player - we show great support - and if he turns out to be a cunt well, at least we tried. Siding with the papers - why?

I don't need a newspaper piece to tell me what I think ,after watching mckay this season it told me everything I need to know about that boy as a football player. Cheerio son and don't let that door hit your arse on the way oot.

Just now, thetruthisootthere said:

I don't need a newspaper piece to tell me what I think ,after watching mckay this season it told me everything I need to know about that boy as a football player. Cheerio son and don't let that door hit your arse on the way oot.

Whole team was pish - not just one player.

Woa, I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was chatting with experts able to understand this lads psychology, best position, physical limits etc, skill set without even working with him day to day.

I'm out of my league here, sorry for taking part in such a complex and in-depth conversation.

Good luck with your motivational "yoo ur fukin shite man" emanations from the stands - if that doesn't get the lads going - I don't know what will! :lol:

I like Barrie McKay. He's the most exciting player to watch in the squad when on a game. Unfortunately last season that was perhaps only about 5 or 6 times in 40 odd matches.

I'd like to see how he goes this season in a team that has the muscle and skill to dominate and impose themselves on all teams in the league. Hopefully we have signed the players to give us that platform.