Barrie McKay Training with under 20's

Smile

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

You make a decent argument for keeping the lad but we really cannot afford any passengers this season and that's exactly what he was for the vast majority of the games last season.

As a side note  - I'm pleased that Pedro is taking no nonsense from the player and if we can get 2 plus million for such an inconsistent player then I think that would be a cracking piece of business on Rangers part.

In the lads first 2 seasons with us he has scored a couple of wonder goals and shown flashes. Obviously they are no comparison but imagine if Man Utd had punted Ronaldo for inconsistency in the beginning? If we can't accept our younger players coming through our own academy being inconsistent for the first couple of years then we will never get anywhere with youth and may as well scrap our youth setup. I would even argue  that we COULD cope with having an inconsistent McKay as a winger or no.10 if everyone else wasn't so inept. If McKay has to go due to performances then so does everyone else bar Miller and Foderingham. 

We don't know the ins and outs and I can only hope Pedro is freezing him out solely cause he won't sign a new contract.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

In the lads first 2 seasons with us he has scored a couple of wonder goals and shown flashes. Obviously they are no comparison but imagine if Man Utd had punted Ronaldo for inconsistency in the beginning? If we can't accept our younger players coming through our own academy being inconsistent for the first couple of years then we will never get anywhere with youth and may as well scrap our youth setup. I would even argue  that we COULD cope with having an inconsistent McKay as a winger or no.10 if everyone else wasn't so inept. If McKay has to go due to performances then so does everyone else bar Miller and Foderingham. 

Some good points.

If he signed a new contract maybe he would get that patience.