Club Statement

Siam69

49 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It's not 100% whether its the Rangers Megastore bricks and mortar or online but we get a bigger percentage when its done that way versus buying in Sports Direct.

In other words buying from the Megastore online is as good as buying in person.

Cheers pal! 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not reading all of this but fucking wait for a top, are you a ned that needs the newest gear now ffs?

We "couldn't" buy one for long enough so waiting until the start of the season in Scotland is not really the biggest fucking issue on our plates just now, some people get their knickers in a twist over sod all.

Oh and as Gogzy pointed out, there is always SD if you can't get past your OCD or your too ashamed to turn up with an old top.

FFS people die in the world for lack of food, us cunt feel like dying as we cannot get a top and the fact we don't have an orange one, WAAAAAH!

I'm undecided whether to wear my 2012/13 shirt, which encapsulates so much of our history, or my brand new 2017/18 shirt, which marks a new beginning.

I'm really glad I donated the last 200 items of our fantastic Rangers FC 2012/13 Official merchandise to Erskine.

Now all I have left is about 20 of those wonderful 2012 Shirts  - only in  Adult medium.

Oh and plenty of Boy's shirts too. :p:

They were £5 each, but now that they are in effect the last 20 Unsold Official Rangers Shirts in existence, I'm wondering if it's time for a price increase.

Supply and demand as they say. :p:

small_home_shirt_zpsxi4r1ltu.jpg  thumb_home_shirt_12_13_zpsu4whgsof.jpg

And delivery would even be in time for the game!   Ha!

6 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

This is disappointing ... but probably there are templates for last seasons strip ... making it an easier alternative to a new replica strip.

I doubt that the next batch will be sold at the same price as was in the store though ... (£20 quid) ... making it doubly disappointing.

:UK:

Were the £20 shirts the excess stock that had already been paid for by the club? 

30 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I'm undecided whether to wear my 2012/13 shirt, which encapsulates so much of our history, or my brand new 2017/18 shirt, which marks a new beginning.

I'm really glad I donated the last 200 items of our fantastic Rangers FC 2012/13 Official merchandise to Erskine.

Now all I have left is about 20 of those wonderful 2012 Shirts  - only in  Adult medium.

Oh and plenty of Boy's shirts too. :p:

They were £5 each, but now that they are in effect the last 20 Unsold Official Rangers Shirts in existence, I'm wondering if it's time for a price increase.

Supply and demand as they say. :p:

small_home_shirt_zpsxi4r1ltu.jpg  thumb_home_shirt_12_13_zpsu4whgsof.jpg

And delivery would even be in time for the game!   Ha!

How much?

I never got one at the time because I was wanting the adult ones without the sponsor but they all sold out very quickly and I got the huff.

Being picky I never liked the badge on that shirt, and I still don't like the badge on the current shirt. It's not quite the same as the 1972 shirt.

Stickler for detail Loyal :UK: 

I did buy the pink charity shirt from that season. Which I have no idea what I have done with...

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

How much?

I never got one at the time because I was wanting the adult ones without the sponsor but they all sold out very quickly and I got the huff.

Being picky I never liked the badge on that shirt, and I still don't like the badge on the current shirt. It's not quite the same as the 1972 shirt.

Stickler for detail Loyal :UK: 

I did buy the pink charity shirt from that season. Which I have no idea what I have done with...

I reckon £20 is a fair price. :tu:

Oh?  What's that you say?   you're an RM Erskine Fund Member???

Well in that case it's £5 

Just PM me. 

- And welcome to the unpublished world of Fund Member Benefits! 

If only those fools knew that Fund Members earn back many times more than they donate - they'd be queuing up to join! :p:

(Just wait till you see the Platinum Members Lounge!!!)

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Were the £20 shirts the excess stock that had already been paid for by the club? 

At a rough guess ..... I would have to say yes Sweetheart .... also in SD stores at that price .... on Puma's site they were going for £40 quid some posters were saying.

All relative now though .... with this latest statement from the Club .... we will just have to wait and see what price the new batch come out for.

I suspect they will be at full price ... but that's business ... to be fair though the price only came down because there was no demand due to the boycott .... now the opposite is true and demand is high ... so I suppose it's only to be expected that prices will most certainly normalise.

6 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

I said last week that the that the whole thing had been badly organized - think I used the word shambles - and got dogs abuse on here, well I think the latest statement proved me right :whistle:

Are you a 13 yr old girl by any chance?

5 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Missed the opportunity to make a lot of money, there's a buzz about buying shirts and they should have capitalised on it. Poor business sense.

Poor understanding, poor reasoning, poor intellect, poor fkn doom and gloom monger! Take a fkn look at yourself you depressing nay saying buffoon.  Oh and you sound like Paul McStay 'there's a buzz about'  I imagine you've get the same electric personality as that boring bastard. 

41 minutes ago, Blueofblood said:

Poor understanding, poor reasoning, poor intellect, poor fkn doom and gloom monger! Take a fkn look at yourself you depressing nay saying buffoon.  Oh and you sound like Paul McStay 'there's a buzz about'  I imagine you've get the same electric personality as that boring bastard. 

:mutley:

Don"t hold back!

13 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Rangers are liaising with PUMA on the production and sale of new batches of replica kit but this will unfortunately take some time to produce. We are currently working with our partners to ascertain what can be achieved and will let supporters know as soon as we have reliable dates.

Hope they let the fans know at the same time.

7 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

At a rough guess ..... I would have to say yes Sweetheart .... also in SD stores at that price .... on Puma's site they were going for £40 quid some posters were saying.

All relative now though .... with this latest statement from the Club .... we will just have to wait and see what price the new batch come out for.

I suspect they will be at full price ... but that's business ... to be fair though the price only came down because there was no demand due to the boycott .... now the opposite is true and demand is high ... so I suppose it's only to be expected that prices will most certainly normalise.

Cheers. It makes sense to sell the old stock quickly, it will bring some extra cash into the club.

I understand that RRL is now defunct, but what I don't understand is how the new deal will work. Will the new deal be a 1 year rolling contract with SD and Puma, to sell all the old stock and if any more stock is needed, it will be made to order for the year?

The statement can't take this away from the FANS 

rangers-strip-12-image-2-492050731.jpg

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/rangers-to-retire-no12-jersey-in-tribute-877082

29 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Cheers. It makes sense to sell the old stock quickly it will bring some extra cash into the club.

I understand that RRL is now defunct, but what I don't understand is how the new deal will work. Will the new deal be a 1 year rolling contract with SD and Puma, to sell all the old stock and if any more stock is needed, it will be made to order for the year?

The statement can't take this away from the FANS 

rangers-strip-12-image-2-492050731.jpg

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/rangers-to-retire-no12-jersey-in-tribute-877082

There's no rolling contract involved.

One year of a revised contract with varying profits dependent on whether products are bought via megastore or SD.

End of the season we walk away and go with whomever we decide.

The new strips aspect is vague as far as I know. Think they may do something small scale and temporary and then go all guns blazing next year.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's no rolling contract involved.

One year of a revised contract with varying profits dependent on whether products are bought via megastore or SD.

End of the season we  walk and go with whomever we decide.

The new strips aspect is vague as far as I know. Think they may do something temporary and then go all guns blazing next year.

Cheers. The time line also fits with Puma's end of contract. Will more stock be produced by these companies, if all the old stock is sold before the end of the year? What sort of deal has been negotiated for fresh stock?