Club Statement

Siam69

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Cheers. The time line also fits with Puma's end of contract. Will more stock be produced by these companies, if all the old stock is sold before the end of the year? What sort of deal has been negotiated for fresh stock?

Nothing announced.

Difficult balance to get enough to meet demand but not so much that we're left with surplus that needs marked down when new strips come next season.

I'd imagine we'll find out soon if we're bringing out new tops at all this season or if it's decided against for whatever reason.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nothing announced.

Difficult balance to get enough to meet demand but not so much that we're left with surplus that needs marked down when new strips come next season.

I'd imagine we'll find out soon if we're bringing out new tops at all this season or if it's decided against for whatever reason.

It might be worth the club ordering small amounts on demand as SD and Puma might pull out when the cold shoulder effect is enforced. Maybe at that point King will move on in martyrdom and the club could bring the merchandise in-house and produce a new top. :whistle:

6 hours ago, Blueofblood said:

Poor understanding, poor reasoning, poor intellect, poor fkn doom and gloom monger! Take a fkn look at yourself you depressing nay saying buffoon.  Oh and you sound like Paul McStay 'there's a buzz about'  I imagine you've get the same electric personality as that boring bastard. 

So you disagree that we missed an opportunity to sell merchandise by not having enough stock?

Or you do agree with my statement but fancy a wee attack because your tiny little baws are only big enough to do it online to someone you don't know? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

So you disagree that we missed an opportunity to sell merchandise by not having enough stock?

Or you do agree with my statement but fancy a wee attack because your tiny little baws are only big enough to do it online to someone you don't know? :lol:

Oh how we yawned.  You're having a constant go at the board irrespective of what they do and you fkn well know it.  Missed what opportunity, we were hamstrung by a 7 year bastard of a contract, Cashley could've sat on that till it ran out, would've made no difference to the billionaire.  Dave King and our board take him on, get a brilliant result and you think we should've had stock on hand, are you for real?  See if these discussions were a card game, Cashley wasn't just holding the aces he had the 52 fkn cards. 

You're last paragraph is rattler behaviour all round.  I'll no bother throwing you in an emoji as you clearly just don't fkn get it.  Glad as fuck I don't know you, live near you or work with beside you, you're a depressing negative bastard. Maybe change your name to Jack the Fucking manic depressive I hate Dave King and pretend to be a Rangers fan Flipper.  On second thoughts change Flipper to Fucker.  

12 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Missed the opportunity to make a lot of money, there's a buzz about buying shirts and they should have capitalised on it. Poor business sense.

Don't really get how we 'missed the opportunity'. If anything, this is creating even more hype and demand for the product. 

The club couldn't really legislate for this eventuality - we were in dispute with Sports Direct. We couldn't exactly determine when that dispute would end or how. 

9 minutes ago, Blueofblood said:

Oh how we yawned.  You're having a constant go at the board irrespective of what they do and you fkn well know it.  Missed what opportunity, we were hamstrung by a 7 year bastard of a contract, Cashley could've sat on that till it ran out, would've made no difference to the billionaire.  Dave King and our board take him on, get a brilliant result and you think we should've had stock on hand, are you for real?  See if these discussions were a card game, Cashley wasn't just holding the aces he had the 52 fkn cards. 

You're last paragraph is rattler behaviour all round.  I'll no bother throwing you in an emoji as you clearly just don't fkn get it.  Glad as fuck I don't know you, live near you or work with beside you, you're a depressing negative bastard. Maybe change your name to Jack the Fucking manic depressive I hate Dave King and pretend to be a Rangers fan Flipper.  On second thoughts change Flipper to Fucker.  

Am I new signing?

Listen, I've been on this site since 2011, you have not. You know not of any positivity I've thrown the board or my opinion on Ashley or whatever - yet you feel the need to attack a fellow rangers fan as soon as you've signed up to the site. I'll take it and have a little banter with people I've known for a while on here - but a little fanny like you?

Get to fuck :lol:

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Am I new signing?

Listen, I've been on this site since 2011, you have not. You know not of any positivity I've thrown the board or my opinion on Ashley or whatever - yet you feel the need to attack a fellow rangers fan as soon as you've signed up to the site. I'll take it and have a little banter with people I've known for a while on here - but a little fanny like you?

Get to fuck :lol:

Thanks for the compliment as fannies are useful things.  FYI ive been a lurker/viewer for a few years, the catalyst for me posting was the retail deal and the absolute shite getting spouted from supposed Rangers fans. Anyway I better go away now as you are Mr Uber fan and everyone of your posts no doubt is full of serious deep intellectual stuff that sets you apart from a low poster like me.  How dare I.  I'm just away looking for fuck now, can you point me in the right direction. 

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Don't really get how we 'missed the opportunity'. If anything, this is creating even more hype and demand for the product. 

The club couldn't really legislate for this eventuality - we were in dispute with Sports Direct. We couldn't exactly determine when that dispute would end or how. 

I wouldn't agree with creating more hype, the hype and excitement is already there and not being able to meet demand is never good unless there's special circumstances. Most real Rangers supporters will of course go out and buy the strips anyway no matter what - but you'll have those whom are balancing on the edge of getting a strip, and they might just think, ah fuck it - I'll not bother.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Do you see that happening or heard any rumours?

Just rumors but it wouldn't surprise me

They'd still sell plenty if they put it up to 30 or 40 quid but I certainly wouldn't buy one, it should be £20 like it was before they ran out of stock

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Just rumors but it wouldn't surprise me

They'd still sell plenty if they put it up to 30 or 40 quid but I certainly wouldn't buy one, it should be £20 like it was before they ran out of stock

That'd be shite if true, they might use the old new stock vs new stock argument :depressed:

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I wouldn't put it past them to try and squeeze as much money from fans as they could

The way I see it is, it's last seasons strip - I know a lot of people refused to buy it - but it's still last seasons strip. So, I think it's fundamentally wrong and silly to raise the prices.

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

That'd be shite if true, they might use the old new stock vs new stock argument :depressed:

Guaranteed the newly manufacturered strips will be more expensive....the rrp was £60 when strip was released,, subsequently reduced to £40, then £20.

The stores were trying to shift slow moving stock until this deal broke and couldnt put up the price then as it would have looked like blatant profiterring...i expect a different story with new stock though and will retail around £45-50.......they might even throw in a free rubber duck whilst stock lasts

37 minutes ago, Blueofblood said:

Thanks for the compliment as fannies are useful things.  FYI ive been a lurker/viewer for a few years, the catalyst for me posting was the retail deal and the absolute shite getting spouted from supposed Rangers fans. Anyway I better go away now as you are Mr Uber fan and everyone of your posts no doubt is full of serious deep intellectual stuff that sets you apart from a low poster like me.  How dare I.  I'm just away looking for fuck now, can you point me in the right direction. 

Just follow The Dude. :dance:

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I wouldn't agree with creating more hype, the hype and excitement is already there and not being able to meet demand is never good unless there's special circumstances. Most real Rangers supporters will of course go out and buy the strips anyway no matter what - but you'll have those whom are balancing on the edge of getting a strip, and they might just think, ah fuck it - I'll not bother.

...because they have to wait an extra week to get it? Eh?

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Well yes, have you studied economics? I have.

So please explain why companies stagger production to increase hype and people still buy their products ? 

If people want to buy a Rangers top they will. Whether that was last week when the announcement was made or when it's back in stock next week. Yes, they might get frustrated at the delay but I'm sure the club could bring out some promotions (free delivery to the store?) and people will come rushing back as intended.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You've been taught it on this thread more like ?

:p: 

It's true though, not everyone is black and white going to buy or not buy a strip. There are people whom aren't hugely motivated to buy but will see everyone buying a strip, see the buzz and buy if they can in that time frame. To them it's an impulse buy, and if it isn't available right there and then they wont buy later on.

It's basics of demand and supply, if you do not supply during times of high demand then you lose custom. It's obvious, and it's fact. Don't care if anyone disagrees, that's the way things are. Anyone argues any differently then they don't know what they're talking about and are just trying to make things out to be better than what they are.

I'm quite happy to admit King perhaps did not know when this deal would have gone through and couldn't have had strips manufactured to satisfy demand. But I'm not going to agree with shite that we have lost out on no custom even although we've ran out of strips. Especially if the rumours are true that we are going to increase the cost of the strips.

2 hours ago, Cam1872 said:

Yeah, I get why it's looked on badly, just that there is a visible difference between the two forums I don't get pal. 

Rangersmedia is the largest NOT FOR PROFIT Rangers fans' forum in the world. All the answers are in that sentence. :p: