FARE to target Rangers - The Rangers Observer

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Singing up to our knees is going to fuck us in Europe and at home, unless we can universally change those particular words then it will only harm the club, and it's been through the mangle enough without us causing more harm to our reputation.

I get that this isn't a popular opinion on here but we need to balance tradition with respect of the people we have at the club...TBB  makes us the loudest support in the UK...just need to cut a portion of it....Celtic blood would do. 

Just now, Spiderpig said:

Singing up to our knees is going to fuck us in Europe and at home, unless we can universally change those particular words then it will only harm the club, and it's been through the mangle enough without us causing more harm to our reputation.

I get that this isn't a popular opinion on here but we need to balance tradition with respect of the people we have at the club...TBB  makes us the loudest support in the UK...just need to cut a portion of it....Celtic blood would do. 

I actually agree there.

Up to our neck will be fine.

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

If only we had had this discussion before :lol:

I actually agree with you, but there are those in our support, and in this thread even, that will never change the words even if it gets us hammered every single year.

The fact is, fare are absolutely gagging to report us for something. Some folk are willing to give them exactly what they want with TBB add-ons.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

If only we had had this discussion before :lol:

I actually agree with you, but there are those in our support, and in this thread even, that will never change the words even if it gets us hammered every single year.

The fact is, fare are absolutely gagging to report us for something. Some folk are willing to give them exactly what they want with TBB add-ons.

Totally agree, we always fall into the trap but too many don't care...what's ridiculous is that of those who then sing it -  99% couldn't give  a fuck about religion, if Pedro and Pena et al give us the league we would love them and not give a fuck...

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Totally agree, we always fall into the trap but too many don't care...what's ridiculous is that of those who then sing it -  99% couldn't give  a fuck about religion, if Pedro and Pena et al give us the league we would love them and not give a fuck...

Pedro and Pena aren't fenians.

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Absolutely agree and wasn't initially derogatory term - but the majority of our support don't get the differentiation.

Whg make the comparison then? If you understand that fenian doesn't mean catholic why use Pedro/Pena as an example of why we shouldn't be singing this song?

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Whg make the comparison then? If you understand that fenian doesn't mean catholic why use Pedro/Pena as an example of why we shouldn't be singing this song?

Because the majority of our fans associate with Catholics - which is why it was considered bigoted in the first place....