Player rating and standouts?

cpm1979

From the guys that were at the game, or had a link to watch it, obviously it's just the start and not completed gelled yet, but what rating would you give each player tonight? Who from the new signings looks a standout?

onwards and upwards WATP!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cardoso - 7, Looks a player, excited to see him with Bruno

Jack - 7, Strolled the game, looked comfortable

Miller - 7, Scored the goal, but didn't do much else

Kranjcar - 8, Quick thinking for the goal, but was blowing out his arse pretty early on

Dalcio - 5, Put in maybe 1 or 2 decent crosses, will run into fullbacks for fun

Waghorn - 3, Played shite

Everybody else was just sort of... there. Don't think anyone else did anything of interest. 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Bates always looks like a disaster waiting to happen

I don't agree. He did what he had to do, take him all season over the likes of Kiernan. He'll just be a squad player anyway when Alves is available ?

Wes 6 - Not a lot to do

Tav 5 - Had a few good crosses but gave the ball away quite a few times

Bates 6 - Strolled it but not a lot to do

Cardoso 7 - Strolled it. Again not a lot to do but looked class in what things he did do. Unlucky with first half diving header

Wallace 5 - Tried to get up and down the flank but wasn't too impressive

Jack 7 - Quietly effective

Holt 6 - Quiet. Done a job.

Krancjaer 7 - Best player on the pitch but no more than a 7 as he could only do it for one half. Quiet in the second and rightly subbed. A luxury.

Miller 6 - Scored a good goal with quick thinking off of a Niko free kick but gave the ball away too many times

Dalcio 5 - Decent touches in the opening 30 minutes but game passed him by after that.

Waghorn 4 - Anonymous. Didn't get much service to be fair but when he did get the ball he done fuck all. Needs better movement to get himself on the ball if he isn't getting the service.

Subs

Rossiter 4 - Not much time to do anything

Candeias 4 - Again not much time to do anything but looks rapid. Had a decent shot at goal from outside the box but straight down the throat of the keeper

Morelos 4 - Not much time and not much service. Wrongly caught off-side twice in my opinion

Just now, dogtanian said:

Dalcio is totally gutless 

I said this also. I don't want to write the boy off or get on his back early, but there was a few loose balls that he shat out of and if it was McKay who had shat himself he would've been hounded by the whole stadium. Double standards are quite embarrassing at ibrox sometimes.

1 minute ago, Blackandra said:

Tav got roasted off Pedro at the end of the game. Wish I was a good lip reader. He did well though most the game but can see him getting moved on. 

Yeah he was going nuts at him. I thought he was shouting "do your job" but could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Bates always looks like a disaster waiting to happen

He certainly had me shuddering on a few occasions with his positioning, but he managed to recover; for a young kid who has only played a handful of games for us he did ok albeit against a team hardly got out of their own half for the majority of the game.

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Wes 6 - Not a lot to do

Tav 5 - Had a few good crosses but gave the ball away quite a few times

Bates 6 - Strolled it but not a lot to do

Cardoso 7 - Strolled it. Again not a lot to do but looked class in what things he did do. Unlucky with first half diving header

Wallace 5 - Tried to get up and down the flank but wasn't too impressive

Jack 7 - Quietly effective

Holt 6 - Quiet. Done a job.

Krancjaer 7 - Best player on the pitch but no more than a 7 as he could only do it for one half. Quiet in the second and rightly subbed. A luxury.

Miller 6 - Scored a good goal with quick thinking off of a Niko free kick but gave the ball away too many times

Dalcio 5 - Decent touches in the opening 30 minutes but game passed him by after that.

Waghorn 4 - Anonymous. Didn't get much service to be fair but when he did get the ball he done fuck all. Needs better movement to get himself on the ball if he isn't getting the service.

Subs

Rossiter 4 - Not much time to do anything

Candeias 4 - Again not much time to do anything but looks rapid. Had a decent shot at goal from outside the box but straight down the throat of the keeper

Morelos 4 - Not much time and not much service. Wrongly caught off-side twice in my opinion

Almost agree entirely with that synopsis. Would maybe give Krancjar 8. Outstanding until he tired after 55 minutes or so. 

10 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I thought Tav was decent 

I thought he was decent too.

Niko was a joy at times, some of his vision and passing was just fantastic.

Jack looks like the type of player we have been crying out for. Neat, tidy, can pass, tackle, wins possession then moves it on. All very simple but so effective.

Dalcio started brightly then faded out.

Candeias can cross a ball.

Bates can defend.

Cardoso looks a prospect, who can defend and play.

Holt was neat, tidy and busy as usual.

Miller got his goal.

Good to see Rossiter back in action. He's a fiery wee guy. Loves a tackle, loves to get involved. Has a great attitude. Looks delighted to be back. I think he gets it. Could play a big part this season IMO.

All in all, some positives to take especially considering how early the season is and how different the team will actually be in a few weeks. Pena, Herrera, Alves, Morelas and possibly Dorrans, Walker, McLean would be very significant.............

1 minute ago, scotty1976 said:

Almost agree entirely with that synopsis. Would maybe give Krancjar 8. Outstanding until he tired after 55 minutes or so. 

Yes I'm maybe being harsh but he only really did it for 45 minutes and missed a free header. A 7.5 then :lol:

Dalcio looks really poor. Didn't seem particularly skillful, nor pacey and shat out of every 50/50.

He fell over his own heels trying to get past their fullback. Pretty much summed up his night. 

The sooner we get Walker in the better. 

Thought Jack and Cardoso looked assured. I suspect Jack will grow into a very important player for us.

Thought Jack and Cardoso were excellent throughout. 

Krancjar is just on another level, but fitness and mobility continue to be an issue. 

Kenny Miller got the goal, but was as bad as Waghorn for the rest of the game. Can't wait until neither are in the starting 11. Wallace was also pretty poor. 

More worryingly, watching the game it wasn't clear what our game plan is and what we're trying to achieve. It was pretty aimless, much like the end of last season. Starting to have real concerns about Pedro unfortunately.