Player rating and standouts?

cpm1979

Dalcio was a standout alongside Niko, full of confidence but already has his disgruntled critics among us who no doubt wouldn't turn down the chance to piss on anything that represents a step forward. Someone mentioned Damarcus Beasley in a half snigger somewhere. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, yermaw145 said:

Dalcio was a standout alongside Niko, full of confidence but already has his disgruntled critics among us who no doubt wouldn't turn down the chance to piss on anything that represents a step forward. Someone mentioned Damarcus Beasley in a half snigger somewhere. 

He was awful.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought Jack and Cardoso were excellent throughout. 

Krancjar is just on another level, but fitness and mobility continue to be an issue. 

Kenny Miller got the goal, but was as bad as Waghorn for the rest of the game. Can't wait until neither are in the starting 11. Wallace was also pretty poor. 

More worryingly, watching the game it wasn't clear what our game plan is and what we're trying to achieve. It was pretty aimless, much like the end of last season. Starting to have real concerns about Pedro unfortunately. 

No game plan? What game were you watching? It's pretty obvious our game plan is to get the ball out from the back quickly and get it down the flanks, firing balls into box. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought Jack and Cardoso were excellent throughout. 

Krancjar is just on another level, but fitness and mobility continue to be an issue. 

Kenny Miller got the goal, but was as bad as Waghorn for the rest of the game. Can't wait until neither are in the starting 11. Wallace was also pretty poor. 

More worryingly, watching the game it wasn't clear what our game plan is and what we're trying to achieve. It was pretty aimless, much like the end of last season. Starting to have real concerns about Pedro unfortunately. 

Agree with the bottom bit.

Really need Pena to come in and make a big difference in midfield but I don't think we'll find a good balance with what we have.

Wide men are a worry as is Miller going to be playing all over the place and Waghorn still playing.

Early doors, I think we still need to sign 2/3 quality players in the next 2 months.

28 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Krancjaer 7 - Best player on the pitch but no more than a 7 as he could only do it for one half. Quiet in the second and rightly subbed. A luxury.

Told to move deeper when the sub came on. He can't influence from DM tee.

8 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

No game plan? What game were you watching? It's pretty obvious our game plan is to get the ball out from the back quickly and get it down the flanks, firing balls into box. 

Maybe, but what's the point when Miller is fannying about outwide or in CM and Waghorn is Waghorn. 

Might all come together with Pena breaking and Herrera in the box, but it was pretty poor tonight. 

Bates ? 

Niko looked good, as did Jack and Cardoso! When Niko (even though he was done) went off there seemed to be no1 in midfield. goal a side didn't see Miller do anything apart from sit on top of our midfield. Dalcio looked good in first half then nothing in the 2nd. Wallace was quite and Tav kept trying I guess. Rossiter was keen as when when he came on. Look forward to seeing the other two that came on getting more game time.

waghorn ?

Bates is a league 1/championship quality defender. Rather have one of our u20s in there alongside Cardoso till Alves is back fit.

Cardoso looks the part, confident on the ball at the back and not afraid to put a foot/head in. Bit like Bougherra without the bomb scare runs.

Want to see that combination of Jack and Kranjcar as the more deep lying midfield pairing with Pena ahead of them.

Dalcio could be ok, looks like he needs some matches and build up confidence. Always like a left footed left winger taking on the right back every opportunity.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe, but what's the point when Miller is fannying about outwide or in CM and Waghorn is Waghorn. 

Might all come together with Pena breaking and Herrera in the box, but it was pretty poor tonight. 

It wasn't the greatest performance, but you can see the idea is there. Once Pedro has all the players he wants in the team the we can judge if it's working or not.

Hard to say how good or bad that was when it's the first match of the season. We'll need to see when everyone is back, but this team, and that midfield tonight, has nothing about them. It's not easy criticising Holt, but does he have any final ball whatsoever? If he doesn't have a final ball then he shouldn't be in the team. Dalcio looked ineffective, hopefully he improves; Wallace worries me a little, he doesn't look back to form; and Miller's best days are behind him, Bates and Waghorn not good enough, Rossiter has the potential to be better, and shows signs of being a good player; Jack tired towards the end, but he was a very good addition. Candeias is similar to Rossiter and Jack, he needs time, but showed very good potential. Kranjcar is good on the ball, but no pace; as the season goes on, and depending on the oppostion, then it could be a big factor.

Actually thought Tav was absolutely terrible tonight, he really shouldn't play at RB, a few times tonight we're being countered and you're looking at the middle of the park wondering why they've got so much space and it's because the midfield is having to drop into the back line with Tav in the opposite half, we're not good or mobile enough to cover players constantly out of position

Most positive aspect for me was the fact that our 3 best players (Niko, Cardoso and Jack) were either new signings or a return from injury.

Gives me hope that the other new signings that we have yet to properly see will be a lot better than the players from last season.

I still think there were 3 or 4 tonight who know they have no long term future at the club or at least a limited amount of first team action guaranteed and are just going through the motions.

Cardoso looked decent, but I will judge him against better opposition and with Alves.  Jack looked like the type of player we were crying out for last season.  He sat back, guarded our back four and some of his interceptions were really good.  Niko looked excellent first half and looked much, much better than what he did 12 months ago against Stranraer.  After such a long time out injured I cannot see how he would get longer on the park.  Dalcio looked -OK- but tried too hard at times I thought and being totally honest I don't think Wallace helped him too much tonight.

Lastly, I like Tav but he is still our weak link.  Good going forward if he has the room but not when up against other players.

34 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Hard to say how good or bad that was when it's the first match of the season. We'll need to see when everyone is back, but this team, and that midfield tonight, has nothing about them. It's not easy criticising Holt, but does he have any final ball whatsoever? If he doesn't have a final ball then he shouldn't be in the team. Dalcio looked ineffective, hopefully he improves; Wallace worries me a little, he doesn't look back to form; and Miller's best days are behind him, Bates and Waghorn not good enough, Rossiter has the potential to be better, and shows signs of being a good player; Jack tired towards the end, but he was a very good addition. Candeias is similar to Rossiter and Jack, he needs time, but showed very good potential. Kranjcar is good on the ball, but no pace; as the season goes on, and depending on the oppostion, then it could be a big factor.

Good summing up, your right about holt he does absolutely nothing the amount of times he loses his man when a team are attacking is terrible,don't actually know what he brings to the team

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Good summing up, your right about holt he does absolutely nothing the amount of times he loses his man when a team are attacking is terrible,don't actually know what he brings to the team

I don't feel comfortable criticising a player who gives a great deal of effort, but with no final ball, and no command in midfield, he is not good enough.

Ryan Jack my man of the match, eased it. Miller pass marks as per, Waghorn fucking useless and Wallace brutal.

Dalcio looks an impact player, Cardoso looks like he is potentially classy, Morelos got himself about well as did Candeias.

Bates is never good enough for us. The rest were meh..

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

Agree with the bottom bit.

Really need Pena to come in and make a big difference in midfield but I don't think we'll find a good balance with what we have.

Wide men are a worry as is Miller going to be playing all over the place and Waghorn still playing.

Early doors, I think we still need to sign 2/3 quality players in the next 2 months.

Pena has to be good coz ended that game tonight with 3 central midfielders that won't create a single chance all season 

I like Bates, I think he is a good defender and will develop with age.  Didn't do much wrong tonight along with Cardoso.  Jack was pretty solid and thought Holt was ok.

Tav is too much of a liability at the back, dives in too often.  Wallace wasnt much better.  Dalcio flattered to deceive.  Miller is not a midfield player.  Waggy tried. 

Fod 6 nothing to do

Tav 6 got up and down the pitch but wasn't at his best

Bates 6 clean sheet, stopped their striker, good interception in the first half

Cardoso looks head and shoulders above the cbs of last year

Wallace 6 see tav

Jack 7 protected our defence, expect a 7 out of 10 most weeks from. Him

Holt 5 where is the guy that scored goals in the championship, used to burst forward, plenty of industry but not good enough now

Kranjcar 8 passing was sublime, fitness sadly wasnt

Dalcio 4 didnt see much

Waghorn 4 no service didnt do much

Miller 6 the goal saved him from a lower rating

Subs 

Candeias 5 lots of effort, too early to judge

Rossiter 5 looked energetic, he and jack together in this game should never have happened. Solid enough though

Morelos 3 no service or time to make an impact