cpm1979

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cpm1979 said:

From the guys that were at the game, or had a link to watch it, obviously it's just the start and not completed gelled yet, but what rating would you give each player tonight? Who from the new signings looks a standout?

onwards and upwards WATP!

None really.  Jack done ok. Dalcio is the ethnic Barry McKay.  

1 hour ago, yermaw145 said:

Dalcio was a standout alongside Niko, full of confidence but already has his disgruntled critics among us who no doubt wouldn't turn down the chance to piss on anything that represents a step forward. Someone mentioned Damarcus Beasley in a half snigger somewhere. 

What game where u watching mate 

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Wes 6 - Not a lot to do

Tav 5 - Had a few good crosses but gave the ball away quite a few times

Bates 6 - Strolled it but not a lot to do

Cardoso 7 - Strolled it. Again not a lot to do but looked class in what things he did do. Unlucky with first half diving header

Wallace 5 - Tried to get up and down the flank but wasn't too impressive

Jack 7 - Quietly effective

Holt 6 - Quiet. Done a job.

Krancjaer 7 - Best player on the pitch but no more than a 7 as he could only do it for one half. Quiet in the second and rightly subbed. A luxury.

Miller 6 - Scored a good goal with quick thinking off of a Niko free kick but gave the ball away too many times

Dalcio 5 - Decent touches in the opening 30 minutes but game passed him by after that.

Waghorn 4 - Anonymous. Didn't get much service to be fair but when he did get the ball he done fuck all. Needs better movement to get himself on the ball if he isn't getting the service.

Subs

Rossiter 4 - Not much time to do anything

Candeias 4 - Again not much time to do anything but looks rapid. Had a decent shot at goal from outside the box but straight down the throat of the keeper

Morelos 4 - Not much time and not much service. Wrongly caught off-side twice in my opinion

notice you use the word quiet regarding 2 of out midfield - well quiet is not good enough against a team like that - Jack and Niko the same score aye right

Cardoso looks like a class act. Commanding, shouting to wes, positional and organised. Was a walk in the park for him. My stand out player of the game. 

Niko showed his class, lacking fitness, but it will come. The creativity died when he went off. 

Jack was brilliant for me too. Nothing flashy, just good steady work. 

Tav was woeful. Even when he got a roasting from pedro he had no idea what he was doing wrong. Left bates exposed. 

Candeias looks like he could be a player. Fast and quick feet. Didn't have enough time to make much of an impact, but showed some glimpses of what can come. 

Dalcio was poor for me. He tried hard to no avail. First game though, so no need for a jury yet. 

The rest were the usual shite....especially waghorn and tav. 

Cordoso looked fantastic.  His positioning, composure, passing, etc.  Looks a real find.  Him and Alves should be the best central defensive partnership in the league.  I like Foderingham, Tavernier, and Wallace so not sure we need anymore defensively.  Young Bates is just filling in which is fine.

The central midfield looks much stronger.  It looks like we're sticking with a midfield 3 which is interesting.  Jack and Rossiter could give us a solid defensive platform which we've been badly lacking for years.  Kranjcar can be a real asset for us as the attacking central midfielder but who else do we have in that position?  I'd like to see another quality CAM brought in.  Guys like Windass, Crooks, and Holt, need to be moved on.

The wide players look interesting:  Dalcio is full of running, movement, and I can see him finding good positions, but his quality on the ball has yet to be seen.  Naismith was great at ghosting in to those positions and was very rarely involved in a match outside of those moments when he would just pop up inside the box.  Perhaps Dalcio can be that type of player for us.  Only time will tell.  Candeias looks like a proper right winger who has pace and can fire balls in the box for guys like Herrera. 

Dalcio and Candeais look like improvements on last years options of McKay, MOH and Waghorn.  However, I still feel we're lacking a player of true quality in this area.  I'd like to see us bring in a left sided winger of true quality before the window shuts.  Someone who can run at people, open up defences regularly, and make things happen.  Someone like that can be worth league points on their own. 

We didn't see enough of the new striker to form any real opinion.  However, it does look like he wants to sit on the defensive line constantly and try to beat the offside trap.  I've seen players like this before and it can be frustrating as fuck to watch.  They constantly get caught offside and you wonder if they even understand the fucking rules but there's always one or two occasions during the match when they get it right and are clean through on goal. 
Filippo Inzaghi pulled this stunt for years.

In terms of the general play we're far more direct.  The forwards are making runs and we're more than willing to fire long balls at them.  Gone are the Warburton days of slow build up play and sideways passing that's for sure.  I don't mind direct play at all.  The Man United team of 1999 was perhaps the best I've ever seen and Schmeichel would long punt it up the park constantly.  We tried the slow build up stuff and it didn't work so why not try and simplify things a bit.  It looks like we'll have a lot more pace up front so balls in behind might really pay off for us.

3 hours ago, cpm1979 said:

From the guys that were at the game, or had a link to watch it, obviously it's just the start and not completed gelled yet, but what rating would you give each player tonight? Who from the new signings looks a standout?

onwards and upwards WATP!

Fod 6 - didn't have anything to do really. Was good with the ball at his feet as always 

Tavernier 4 - Below par, awful defensively 

Bates 4 - Sooner he's out the team the better. Can't wait for Alves to get back 

Cardoso 7 - Looked class on the ball, won most duals, looks a good signing 

Wallace 5 - Disappointed with him, looked like he didn't want to get forward in the second half. Easily replaceable IMO

Jack 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong. Lovely tackle towards the end. Needs to shoot more. 

Holt 6 - Good shift as always but lacks the quality we need I think. 

Kranjcar 9 - MOTM. Passing is incredible, first touch of a god. Hopefully he gets fitter over the next few weeks 

Dalcio 4 - He's got no belief at all. Kept wanting to turn back and play the simple pass, no attacking threat what so ever, questioning this move from Pedro to be honest. 

Miller 6 - Good finish. Has a knack of saving us. But other than that he was as good as a man down, should have been in the box more. 

Waghorn 2 - Utter shite.  

Subs: 

Candeias 4 - Didn't make much of an impact. 

Morelos 4 - Same as Candeias, no real impact

Rossiter 6 - His class is evident, needs to start the next game in place of Holt. 

There was a real lack of quality in the final third and the midfield didn't do enough to get forward into the box, often it was just Waghorn standing himself up against 4 defenders.

Our team will look nothing like it did tonight when it comes to August, so not reading too much into it. 

5 hours ago, WGOH said:

I said this also. I don't want to write the boy off or get on his back early, but there was a few loose balls that he shat out of and if it was McKay who had shat himself he would've been hounded by the whole stadium. Double standards are quite embarrassing at ibrox sometimes.

Dalcio has done it for 1 game. McKay has been doing it for years now so it's not quite double standards.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Fod 6 - didn't have anything to do really. Was good with the ball at his feet as always 

Tavernier 4 - Below par, awful defensively 

Bates 4 - Sooner he's out the team the better. Can't wait for Alves to get back 

Cardoso 7 - Looked class on the ball, won most duals, looks a good signing 

Wallace 5 - Disappointed with him, looked like he didn't want to get forward in the second half. Easily replaceable IMO

Jack 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong. Lovely tackle towards the end. Needs to shoot more. 

Holt 6 - Good shift as always but lacks the quality we need I think. 

Kranjcar 9 - MOTM. Passing is incredible, first touch of a god. Hopefully he gets fitter over the next few weeks 

Dalcio 4 - He's got no belief at all. Kept wanting to turn back and play the simple pass, no attacking threat what so ever, questioning this move from Pedro to be honest. 

Miller 6 - Good finish. Has a knack of saving us. But other than that he was as good as a man down, should have been in the box more. 

Waghorn 2 - Utter shite.  

Subs: 

Candeias 4 - Didn't make much of an impact. 

Morelos 4 - Same as Candeias, no real impact

Rossiter 6 - His class is evident, needs to start the next game in place of Holt. 

There was a real lack of quality in the final third and the midfield didn't do enough to get forward into the box, often it was just Waghorn standing himself up against 4 defenders.

Our team will look nothing like it did tonight when it comes to August, so not reading too much into it. 

Surprised at your rating for Wallace given that he was easily the worst of our back 4. Last night just convinced me that we need a new left back because he's fucking honking.

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Surprised at your rating for Wallace given that he was easily the worst of our back 4. Last night just convinced me that we need a new left back because he's fucking honking.

This 100%. served us well and wont say a bad word against him but it's time for a better player in his position.

Wes - 5 didnt have much to do but still spilled a save for a corner and gave a dodgy pass out to wallace which got intercepted

Tav - 5 despite a lot of good crosses in the first half his wee blunder in the 2nd could have very easily been a penalty for handball on Wallace

Bates - 6 Done his job defensively few poor attempts at goal

Cardoso - 7 Looked a player. Knew his position, sealed out a lot ot attackers and two very good attempts at goal

Wallace - 6 Good enough defensively and as per was on the overlap with that trademark run into the box

Jack - 7 looked very good. Lack of forward passes for me but composed on the ball strolled proceedings and set the tempo for our attacks

Holt - 4 Invisible bar a shite effort at goal

Kranjcar - 8 dynamite that first half some absolutely sublime passes

Dalcio -5 despite a bright start faded away and little evidence of any real end product to his runs

Miller - 7 workrate sets the bar for everybody on the pitch and his quick thinking is all that gave us a lead for the away tie

Waghorn - 2 Less said the better, invisible in a key, crucial part of the pitch. clumsy and utter fucking garbage give him away if we need to

Candeias - 6.5 short time on the pitch but showed pace, a desire to get involved and be direct and swung in good crosses would like to see if he maintains that for 90 minutes however

Rossiter - 6 the same attributes as Jack and if fullly fit should have been in for Holt

Morelos - unknown Reserving judgement as he barely got a touch of the ball other than laying it out for a Candeias cross late on.

Verdict being we're fucking pish in front of goal nowhere near enough chances created especially considering our opposition , this should have been put to bed but instead weve got a 1-0 to hold onto when we go over there.

Worrying.

8 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

notice you use the word quiet regarding 2 of out midfield - well quiet is not good enough against a team like that - Jack and Niko the same score aye right

Jack's job was to break up attacks. There wasn't too much for him to break up hence the use of the word quiet. If you see above I upgraded Niko a half notch but really one of those players was done after 35 minutes (an excellent 35 minutes may I add) and the other done his job for the full 90. In regards to that 7s a piece is probably about right.

If Mckay done what Dalcio done last night he would've been crucified for it. He's got  a long way to go, and certainly doesn't look like a "warrior" that Pedro wanted. 

Jack was class IMO, really good player. 

Wallace had a poor game and looks miles off the pace, Cardoso strolled it as did Kranjcar. 

Were really lacking upfront, especially on the wings. Thought Candeias looked better than Dalcio in the time he had, it'd be good to see him and Walker on our wings with Morelos through the middle

Jack was the stand out for me, we've really been missing a good solid CDM. He was always available and made good angles to support the back four and ensured he covered them all well.

Maybe could've got a goal himself, I reckon as his confidence grows he'll be the stand out player for the forthcoming season and future captain. 

Niko was different class for the 50/55mins. Looked shattered after 20mins tho lol 

Holt and Waghorn were empty shirts last night. On Tuesday I hope we start with Rossiter and Morelos instead. Dalcio drifted out of the game in the second half, but there were flashes of what he can do in the first half. I think he needs to get a bit of confidence and he'll look better.

Bates is getting a hard time on here, but he did what he had to do - nothing fancy and no major muck-ups. However, as others have said we'll look much better when Alves is in there in his place.

Wallace was poor all game, and Tav got worse as the night wore on.

Jack, Cardoso and Niko were all standouts. Miller was good when he didn't drop into midfield. Very quick thinking from him and Niko for the goal.

A few negatives and a few positives, but once all the new signings are fit and ready we'll look a different side. 

7 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'm just going to say it...

Andy Halliday is a better option at left back than our club captain.

He'd probably be better at right back too! Tav is a terrible defender(as is Wallace) they 2 worry me for the season ahead

Wes 6 - could have wore his smoking jacket and slippers

Tav 5 - Had some good moments mixed in with some typical tav moments. 

Bates 6 - looked nervy but kept himself together

Cardoso 7 - stood out like a sore thumb in our backline. Cool and composed

Wallace 4 - As captain he should be ashamed of his contribution. He got into decent positions then couldnt cross the ball.....sorry guys Id move wallace on.

Jack 7 - Great. Did the simplethings well as we built from the back. Looked like he was enjoying himself

Holt 5 - doesnt look like a player who is fighting to keep his spot in the team. Poor passing on several occassions let him down.

Niko 8- best player by a mile and we dropped off when he was replaced. He would be a real asset if he could perform for 90 mins. Just a big classy bastard.

Miller 5 - Scored the goal which won us the match but did little else in the game apart from moan at othersor give away cheap fouls.

Dalcio 5 - looked great in the opening 45 minutes and wasnt afraid to keep running at his man despite a few bodychecks. Need to see how he does when he is full settled.

Waghorn 1 - absolutely appauled that he stayed on for so long. Contributed fuck all and didnt even look interested in stretching thwir back line.

Subs

Rossiter 4 - just happy to see he is alive and well. Dont see him playing a major part going forward as jack is a better player imo.

Candeias 4 - Looks a livewire. Excited to see him get a run in the team

Morelos 2 - did he touch the ball? His team mates had dropped off so we didnt really get a chance to see what the wee man is all about

Union bears 10- my first time in BF1 and i had an amazing time. My other half is south african and was her first ever match she had a fantastic time. 

Jack was MOTM for me - Kranc was excellent for the first 45..... Jack and Rossiter will be good together in a double pivot  we just need more creativity in front of them....maybe really push for Walker and I would hope now that Mackay is out he should look at Ryan Gauld.