Player rating and standouts?

cpm1979

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cardoso was the find of the night for me.

Also liked seeing Rossiter for his wee cameo. Didn't do much but always looking to go forwards.

Performance from the whole team was below average but saw enough promise in the new guys and returning guys (Kranjcar and Rossiter) to believe we will be a very different side this season.

Keen to see Herrera after seeing some decent crosses wasted on the ghosts and square-heids we had "leading the line" last night.

Swap Bates for Alves, Holt for Pena, Dalcio for Candeias and Waghorn for Herrera and you've got yourself a pretty decent team I reckon. 

The most obvious flaw last night was the severe lack of a focal point in the attack. If Herrera lives up to his price tag, I think he'll make the difference for us. Can't be any worse than watching Waghorn fall over anytime the ball is near him. 

I know there are still new players to add in but at present I would be worried about our front 3 based on last night's performance. I'm not so worried about the striker position given that waghorn will drop for the 2 new guys but to be truly effective and match the attacking threat of the twigs we really need out wide players to be provide more and be a threat. Think we still need to improve those positions, and I think we need walker and then someone better than what we have.

If we could pull out a loan move for a quality winger I would be happier with the team. 

Cardoso looked cool and commanding, he will be a player for us, Candeias had limited opportunity, think he will leave most defenders for dead 1 on 1 with his pace though, Jack done exactly what I expected and exactly why we signed him, composed and it's no coincidence he always picks up second balls (Scottish Kante), Dalcio looks like he has very limited ability, a bit of a sh!tbag as well if I'm honest, a few balls were there for the taking and he ponced in, and when he was receiving the ball wide you just wanted him to do the things McKay does but he was poor over all... I think it's an ego think with Pedro and McKay and I hope it gets resolved soon for all our sakes.:bow:

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Jack's job was to break up attacks. There wasn't too much for him to break up hence the use of the word quiet. If you see above I upgraded Niko a half notch but really one of those players was done after 35 minutes (an excellent 35 minutes may I add) and the other done his job for the full 90. In regards to that 7s a piece is probably about right.

There was nothing to break up so why didn't he try to create - 35 minutes get a new watch

4 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Wes 6 - could have wore his smoking jacket and slippers

Tav 5 - Had some good moments mixed in with some typical tav moments. 

Bates 6 - looked nervy but kept himself together

Cardoso 7 - stood out like a sore thumb in our backline. Cool and composed

Wallace 4 - As captain he should be ashamed of his contribution. He got into decent positions then couldnt cross the ball.....sorry guys Id move wallace on.

Jack 7 - Great. Did the simplethings well as we built from the back. Looked like he was enjoying himself

Holt 5 - doesnt look like a player who is fighting to keep his spot in the team. Poor passing on several occassions let him down.

Niko 8- best player by a mile and we dropped off when he was replaced. He would be a real asset if he could perform for 90 mins. Just a big classy bastard.

Miller 5 - Scored the goal which won us the match but did little else in the game apart from moan at othersor give away cheap fouls.

Dalcio 5 - looked great in the opening 45 minutes and wasnt afraid to keep running at his man despite a few bodychecks. Need to see how he does when he is full settled.

Waghorn 1 - absolutely appauled that he stayed on for so long. Contributed fuck all and didnt even look interested in stretching thwir back line.

Subs

Rossiter 4 - just happy to see he is alive and well. Dont see him playing a major part going forward as jack is a better player imo.

Candeias 4 - Looks a livewire. Excited to see him get a run in the team

Morelos 2 - did he touch the ball? His team mates had dropped off so we didnt really get a chance to see what the wee man is all about

Union bears 10- my first time in BF1 and i had an amazing time. My other half is south african and was her first ever match she had a fantastic time. 

Wes 6 fuck all to do - Kenny scored the winner 5 - getting worse by the minute

33 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

There was nothing to break up so why didn't he try to create - 35 minutes get a new watch

Wes 6 fuck all to do - Kenny scored the winner 5 - getting worse by the minute

Kenny Miller was woeful last night. 

Wes 5 - Never had enough to do to merit a higher score

Tav 5 - just had a typical Tav game. Pedro roasted him from the sidelines at least once

Bates 7 - Did ok the boy. Dunno why he seems to get pelters on here every time he plays

Cardoso 7 - I forgot what it was like to see a half decent full back play

Wallace 4 - Rotten. Off pace and isn't captain material

Jack 8 - Quietly getting on with the job in hand. Next captain, for me.

Holt 5 - Headless chicken as usual. Does he have a position?

Niko 8- Fucking cosmic. Sorry to see him go off. Pinging baws about all night and some silky touches. Hope he stays fit

Miller 5 - Scored the goal. The end

Dalcio 5 - Promised loads in the first half hour. Faded after that. Reckon he will improve

Waghorn 4 - Didn't really see that much of the ball TBH. Remain to be convinced

Subs

Rossiter 4 - He'll do for me. Especially in alongside Jack. Wasn't on long enough to merit a higher score

Candeias 5 - Looks like a decent player willing to get stuck in and charge forward.

Morelos 3 - Looks an absolute tank. Need to see more

Miller is a bit of a conundrum. There's no doubting his ability to score goals, important ones aswell, even at this stage of his career, but I personally think the role he has been playing over the last 12 months is detrimental to the shape of the team. He just seems to float about where ever he wants and it always leaves us with a real lack of width on 1 side of the park. I'm sure he's only following the instructions of his manager but for me he should be playing a a centre forward or nowhere at all. He would have offered far more than Waghorn in that position last night.