Bates

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure it was him that put the last ditch block in that prevented a certain goal after the "hand ball" in the 2nd half.

For that I can't criticise him as it saved us from what would've been a very embarrassing result, and if it had been Alves or Cardoso that did it folk would've been frothing out the ears. 

On the other hand, he looks even more uncomfortable on the ball than Salim Kerkar, and that's saying something.

He's an apt backup, and at least the right type of defender to pair with Cardoso when needed. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So now it's language barrier that's the problem ??

Yeah, it will be a problem. Not only for him but even for experienced guys like Miller and Niko. At least they have the advantage of being the finished article. We're literally talking about an 18 year old CB. He's hardly going to be fucken Paulo Maldini is he? And he's hardly going to be starting every week is he? Its not even July. Whose to say we won't sign another CB as cover.

Some people just seem to delight in slaughtering our young players.

5 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Yeah, it will be a problem. Not only for him but even for experienced guys like Miller and Niko. At least they have the advantage of being the finished article. We're literally talking about an 18 year old CB. He's hardly going to be fucken Paulo Maldini is he? And he's hardly going to be starting every week is he? Its not even July. Whose to say we won't sign another CB as cover.

Some people just seem to delight in slaughtering our young players.

He. Is. Not. 18

2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Only a numpty would think he is 18

easy to make that mistake, he's 20 - only two years difference

I think getstiffed's point was valid, but yet again, people are grabbing on to the less important part of the point being made to try and disprove it instead of trying to understand the main point and form an opinion on that or argue against it.

next one down is complaining about grammar.

13 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Just caught up on the match thread after the game.

Must admit I am surprised to see Bates get some fairly heavy criticism.

I honestly thought the boy hardly put a foot wrong. Was one point where I thought he had got wrong side of the attacker, think it was around 70mins. He fairly easily dealt with it and just powered him out the way.

Far better option than Kiernan. 

Good back up player imo.  He's strong just needs to get better with his starting position

30 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

He's no Maldini is he... but no complaints. Was rarely troubled imo, a few nervy moments. No big issues. 

This.

He is decent back up to our other 3 ch's. Nothing more,nothing less.

35 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

easy to make that mistake, he's 20 - only two years difference

I think getstiffed's point was valid, but yet again, people are grabbing on to the less important part of the point being made to try and disprove it instead of trying to understand the main point and form an opinion on that or argue against it.

next one down is complaining about grammar.

Na... earlier on in this topic I mentioned about Bates being 18, and sportingintegrity... corrected me for it. 

I was being sarcastic

Had no problem last night with him.Couple of times guys round about me were shouting for him to dive into a tackle.Lad stayed on his feet and won the ball every time.He was pretty sound last night and knows how to defend.His all round game can only improve with the likes of Alves being around to  mentor him.He will not be a first choice but I for one wouldn't worry too much if he is called in as a replacement over the season.

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

See my post above to Cam.

If folk are accepting him as a stop gap, who will get minimal game time and eventually disappear on loan prior to his contract expiring then fine, I agree.

But for a player getting a run of games and the opportunity he has he's shown he's only going to be that stop gap, which disappoints the hell out of me as the youth whose had the best oppprtunity.

He is a stop gap though. 

I don't get why folk are getting so uppity about it. 

He's a stop gap for Alves, he's doing a job and that's it. He's done that job reasonably well. 

Doesn't deserve flack anywhere near the level he's getting. 

1 minute ago, Cam1872 said:

He is a stop gap though. 

I don't get why folk are getting so uppity about it. 

He's a stop gap for Alves, he's doing a job and that's it. He's done that job reasonably well. 

Doesn't deserve flack anywhere near the level he's getting. 

We've had a big problem on this forum regarding ginger players. We've addressed the issue and dished out warnings but we can't force people to like them.

Gingerism is a nationwide problem.

I think it's good that we have been  looking at younger Scottish players in the lower divisions with potential. It's been a long time since we have done that. Throughout our history we have done this and got some great players . I am not saying Bates will be a great player but so far he has done a decent job and I thought he looked a bit more comfortable on the ball last night . It looked like he had been working on that part of his game. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's not a boy, theres a reason why by his 21st birthday he wont have played 100 seniir games overall, raith let him go for fuck all, that says a lot

Disgusting gingerism. Reported.

This fanny called Sportingintegritymyarse spents his whole fucking time ripping into a young Ranger.

Get yerself tae fuck, better still tell me where you sit at Ibrox and I'll tell you what you are to your face,prick.

5 minutes ago, Big Labe said:

This fanny called Sportingintegritymyarse spents his whole fucking time ripping into a young Ranger.

Get yerself tae fuck, better still tell me where you sit at Ibrox and I'll tell you what you are to your face,prick.

Big Labia 

First of all welcome to our site. Secondly don't be coming in here swirling your cock around your head being aggressive. You won't last long.