Club 1872 statement. Is this for f'n real?

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Maybe not but the media is immoral and repugnant as a whole. We need people to wade in that cesspool and promote our position.

Us behaving like it was still 1970 with our media management is doing is no favours at all.

We were taught a lesson this week by Linfield, a much smaller club, about how to fight fire with fire. 

However much we despise the celtic methods they are much more effective than us in this area.

yeah, all valid points.

but if, as it appears, this report is from the ref, then it would be wrong to fight it, because he doesn't have an agenda.  

ie: this is not fire, so don't fight it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, govanblue said:

yeah, all valid points.

but if, as it appears, this report is from the ref, then it would be wrong to fight it, because he doesn't have an agenda.  

ie: this is not fire, so don't fight it.

It's not about fighting it and kidding on it didn't happen.

It's about proactively putting a spin about it out in the media and web to minimise the damage.

43 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Imagine for a moment this was the taigs in exactly the same circumstances.

Lawelll's PR machine would have already been putting our statements talking about exuberance and how it was only paper etc.

We are light years behind them in proactively managing news and the media.

If that's the case why has his "PR machine" not prevented them from being punished by UEFA in the past?

Paranoid nonsense.

23 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If that's the case why has his "PR machine" not prevented them from being punished by UEFA in the past?

Paranoid nonsense.

They've always tried to defend the scummy cunts they call a support but terrorist chanting and trying to be "political" is indefensible. Chucking paper on the pitch though.... Fucking hell, it must have been thrown in a sectarian manner 

The man told yous before the game.

You fucken pricks.

Its all about nothing but in the name of Rangers don't give anyone any rope.

Your talking to a guy who in his youth has been lifted twice at parkhead .

Its nowt  but i was raging last night as i knew as much as trivial it is,  it  will come back to our front door.

Cold have done without the statement, ammo for others!

However the bears in the corner have been doing this for a while and its tine ge club got a grip of them and stop it or cancel their season tickets.

Common knowledge you cant throw anythng from the stand and its time to draw the line.Screaming for investment then piss it away on fines.

Displays are always great but ffs guys grow up!

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Paranoid nonsense.

I was just about to post the very same thing. They must be the most fined club in Europe going by the sheer number of times they've been fined. Lawwell playing a blinder there eh?

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

The man told yous before the game.

You fucken pricks.

Its all about nothing but in the name of Rangers don't give anyone any rope.

Your talking to a guy who in his youth has been lifted twice at parkhead .

Its nowt  but i was raging last night as i knew as much as trivial it is,  it  will come back to our front door.

:lol: 

For reference to see how well the board across the city's PR has fared against UEFA.

* February 2017: Manchester City (A) £16,000 for flares and fan trouble in the stands.

* August 2016: Hapeol Beer Sheva (H) – £8,616 for displaying of Palestine flags

* December 2015: Fenerbahce (A) – £10,000 for improper conduct of team as well as flares

* March 2015: Inter Milan (A) - £5850 for improper conduct of team, £3650 fine for flares

* February 2015: Dinamo Zagreb (A) - £7400 fine for inappropriate crowd behaviour

* July 2014: KR Reykjavik (H) - £16,000 fine for illicit banner

* December 2013: AC Milan (H) - £42,200 fine for illicit banner

* July 2013: Cliftonville (H) - £4200 fine for flares

* March 2012: Udinese (A) - £21,000 fine for flares and illicit banner

* December 2011: Rennes (A) - £12,700 fine for illicit chanting

Not too well it seems. All fines are for minor shite in my opinion but based on that I'm guessing we'll see some sort of punishment now UEFA are involved.

4 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

For reference to see how well the board across the city's PR has fared against UEFA.

Not too well it seems. All fines are for minor shite in my opinion but based on that I'm guessing we'll see some sort of punishment now UEFA are involved.

I would say, in comparative terms, they're doing very well. How many citations did we receive before they banned our fans from Malmo?

I must have missed their bans despite multiple fines and censures for misbehaviour including throwing dangerous objects on the pitch and breaching the field of play.

We are pish at managing perspective on these issues when considering the size of both our home and travelling support, the triviality of the issues and the complete lack of harm done to anyone.

8 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Because of exactly stuff like what's happened, we knew we were going to be under scrutiny.

Plus it was smart in the sense that the Club have done what they could to make sure anything like this didn't happen, so would help in any defence or punitive action from UEFA.

The taigs are not going to Linfield because they know their fans will disgrace their club yet again, only much worse that usual. It's fuck all to do with security, Cliftonville go all the time, plenty of Republic Teams during the Setanta Cup. They're pre-empting it.

Fair point. I'd never thought of that but, now you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if that was their true motive -sleekit cunts. We can't let the "jolly craicsters" facade be ruined, now, can we?

7 hours ago, The Beast said:

It's not about fighting it and kidding on it didn't happen.

It's about proactively putting a spin about it out in the media and web to minimise the damage.

What lesson did Linfield show our club?
The DR reporter and his source published a story full of lies. Linfield challenged them on that story and the DR retracted it.
Who can we challenge? Our fans were wrong and the club has to follow protocol. The fact King gave them warnings can assist our case.
Who can we push back against here?
No one, we can only hope to educate a group of our own fans.

The other night was truly deflating to me 

The ticket office managed to fuck up my ST renewal and it meant none of the boxes were ticked. It meant I couldn't sit in my usual seat .They had sold it although I assumed everything was ok Eventually got ticket sorted at portacabins  

I had to get ticket for club deck .Might be good view but there something missing sitting up there for me 

Got a full view of all the tubelets throwing stuff and after about 5 minutes .I thought .Are they all about 10 years old in that part of the ground .

Have we not remembered anything about what happened 5 years ago and how our enemies will bend over backwards to hurt us .Ref waved players off the pitch but some still continued to throw stuff anyway  .How boring now .How idiotic can you be .Brailnless fucks I thought 

When I was up the clubdeck .On the way up .Noticed .They hadn't even given the place a lick of paint .Sitting looking around the ground .Looked at all the old tatty and tired looking seats .Wtf have the club meant to be upgrading pre season .

Remember someone post some Dave king PR pish about the Stadium getting some major upgrading .What bollocks that appears to be 

Approaching the ground .I also noticed .Because of the flats being built ,.The corrupt council have used this as an excuse to let the area run down again .Place looks a state with the long grass not being cut for months 

Can the club be a little bit more proactive in sorting these bastards out .It is deliberate now for me  .You just need to take a wonder round scumdome and people's palace to see that our area is being neglected 

Which brings me on to more bullshit .I said last week,we wouldn't make any more signings .Up until now .No more signings .I will be surprised if we make any more .We are penny  pinching again

Then I watched a team ,mostly from last seasons team of fucking losers take on the mighty ...who ever they were called from Luxembourg and struggle 

Watching the game.I seen very little difference or anything remotely to be encouraged about for the new season .We were dire 

Seriously hope the club I love start getting their act together on and off the park 

I will live in hope they do but I only ever feel these people are here for self interest 

10 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

30 June, 2017

Club 1872 commends the vast majority of the Rangers support for their conduct over the course of the game last night – which marked our long awaited, winning return to European competition.

The atmosphere was very positive and a colourful display by the Union Bears at the start of the game added to the overall spectacle. The Rangers support can be a great asset to the Europa League this season and we hope to see many more nights like this in the coming months.

Unfortunately we have today been informed that the actions of a small number of supporters in the Broomloan Stand, who threw balled-up pieces of paper onto the pitch, has led to Rangers being cited by UEFA. Whilst this appeared to be meant in good humour and was carried out by a number of younger supporters, it has nonetheless led directly to a situation where Rangers now have to put forward a submission to UEFA. At this stage we are unsure of the nature of any possible sanction, if any.

We appreciate that most supporters will see this as a very minor matter, and we would share that view. However, it is another reminder that we have to hold ourselves to as high a standard as possible. We want to see colourful displays at the stadium in the future and would ask supporters not to risk jeopardising these.

We will be liaising with Rangers on this issue and will seek to gain a better understanding of how a citation of this type comes about following what, on the face of things, seems to be such an innocuous incident. We hope that this will allow us to better inform our supporters in the future about how they can avoid action, and walk the fine line that exists between enjoying the game and potentially falling foul of UEFA regulations.

A statement on behalf of whom Houston & P.Murray GIRFUY 

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The other night was truly deflating to me 

The ticket office managed to fuck up my ST renewal and it meant none of the boxes were ticked. It meant I couldn't sit in my usual seat .They had sold it although I assumed everything was ok Eventually got ticket sorted at portacabins  

I had to get ticket for club deck .Might be good view but there something missing sitting up there for me 

Got a full view of all the tubelets throwing stuff and after about 5 minutes .I thought .Are they all about 10 years old in that part of the ground .

Have we not remembered anything about what happened 5 years ago and how our enemies will bend over backwards to hurt us .Ref waved players off the pitch but some still continued to throw stuff anyway  .How boring now .How idiotic can you be .Brailnless fucks I thought 

When I was up the clubdeck .On the way up .Noticed .They hadn't even given the place a lick of paint .Sitting looking around the ground .Looked at all the old tatty and tired looking seats .Wtf have the club meant to be upgrading pre season .

Remember someone post some Dave king PR pish about the Stadium getting some major upgrading .What bollocks that appears to be 

Approaching the ground .I also noticed .Because of the flats being built ,.The corrupt council have used this as an excuse to let the area run down again .Place looks a state with the long grass not being cut for months 

Can the club be a little bit more proactive in sorting these bastards out .It is deliberate now for me  .You just need to take a wonder round scumdome and people's palace to see that our area is being neglected 

IWish brings me on to more bullshit .I said last week,we wouldn't make any more signings .Up until now .No more signings .I will be surprised if we make any more .We are penny  pinching again

Then I watched a team ,mostly from last seasons team of fucking losers take on the mighty ...who ever they were called from Luxembourg and struggle 

Watching the game.I seen very little difference or anything remotely to be encouraged about for the new season .We were dire 

Seriously hope the club I love start getting their act together on and off the park 

I will live in hope they do but I only ever feel these people are here for self interest 

Always said the only money being spent is ST money.

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Or.... some could look at this another way. Maybe their PR machine is the reason why with so many misdemeanors they repeatedly get small fines and not properly fingered!

8 hours ago, govanblue said:

Yes, but their methods are immoral and repugnant.

Do we really want to be taking our lessons from them?

We get that, but there are lessons to be learned in everything. 

It should be an unwritten given that we behave, but for that minority. A Chairman tempting fate in publicly telling us to behave condems us from the off. Then 1872 condeming us afterwards which granted was a stupid incident, but there was no need to say it in that manner in highlighting it. We always have been absolutely clueless in our PR and this is just another example.

LBH when we look at the Lnfield v scum game, it was always going to be a high risk fixture and the scum have had numerous UEFA punishments on their behaviour. Liewell didn't come out and ask the fans to behave, but quite masterfully painted Linfield the bad guys before a ball is kicked and stayed stoom on their own support. Sure the media retracted, but all too late, as the scum got in first. A text book ploy used by governments and business put to good use. The scum or any other club aren't here to do any favours for any other club, nor should they be, but their reputation protected at all costs, as it should be for all other clubs and I don't mean by illegally covering up shit.

At the end of the day, do you or anyone else think our support are rotten to the core and can't behave ourselves, because that is how our club/board are portraying us, going back to the cup final and much more. They try to put distance between themselves and the support, like we are different. The club as a whole remain NOT to be at one nor at ease with itself, because there are some on the board and at 1872 not fit for purpose and personal agendas taking precedence over untity, with division the means of keeping them in power. Another text book ploy.

57 minutes ago, 72barca said:

What lesson did Linfield show our club?
The DR reporter and his source published a story full of lies. Linfield challenged them on that story and the DR retracted it.
Who can we challenge? Our fans were wrong and the club has to follow protocol. The fact King gave them warnings can assist our case.
Who can we push back against here?
No one, we can only hope to educate a group of our own fans.

The lesson should have been, get in first, not fucking condem our own fans before the off. Then the divisive so called supporters group condeming us even further afterwards. We continue to learn fuck all.

The fact King gave us warnings weakens the case as it is inferring we have a systemic problem, promoting the myth of all our haters and making it a fact.

It is not about pushing back against the authorities in this case, but pushing back against king and the fan group for being utter fucking divisive idiots that we know they are! We are fucking clueless in the PR stakes being run by incompetent self serving divisive idiots and it ts they who need educated, but they will remain to not know what they don't know for self preservation.

Our club is not at one with itself.