Lee Wallace

Camshy

Now I know it was basically our first real game of the season and performance was poor, Jack and Niko aside, but I thought Wallace was rather poor.

He has stood by us and has been a great captain but I dont think he meits a starting slot right now and after the other night I'm convinced Beerman is the guy who holds or should hold that LB slot.............but will Pedro see it the same way or can Wallace get back to his best and merit that position ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll be in the minority but I think he's passed it, not just basing this on the one game.

Folk point out tav's weaknesses easy enough but LW doesn't get the same level of criticism, probably because he's been with us through the divisions.

Guy's just back after being out for months due to having an operation. :lol:

sportingintegritymyarse said in the match thread before the game that it's a clean slate for everyone. I agree. Lee has proven himself in the Scottish top flight in the past and will do again.

Games in June are always deceiving. Remember that time we were 3-0 down to an Irish mob at half time under Advocaat in June? Remember them getting beat off a team from Gibraltar a year ago in June or their 5-0 defeat under Strachan at the hands of Artmedia Bratislava?

June games are always shite and there's not a single player you can judge based on last night. That includes our captain who is just back from an injury he had to have an operation on.

He should not be captain. Thats all I can say...

A captain should be urging the team on constantly. He doesn't.

A captain should stick up for his players if they are wrongly booked, or blatantly hacked down... He doesn't.

A captain should be in at the ref putting pressure on him. He doesn't.

He is too nice.

I am not saying he should be a cunt like Brown, but every game against us last year that cunt was involved in every free kick and putting pressure on the ref.

Even every Junior football game I have watched, the captain is in talking to the ref and asking why their players are fouled without any free kick or why a yellow was shown to an opponent for a foul the same ref gave a red card for previous. Captains can influence games.

Wee McKay gets halfed left, right and centre last season... and Wallace walks away. Any other captain would have been in at the ref. In his face.

Keep him in the team. I dont mind him as a player. But a cowering Left Back is not a Captain.

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

He should not be captain. Thats all I can say...

A captain should be urging the team on constantly. He doesn't.

A captain should stick up for his players if they are wrongly booked, or blatantly hacked down... He doesn't.

A captain should be in at the ref putting pressure on him. He doesn't.

He is too nice.

I am not saying he should be a cunt like Brown, but every game against us last year that cunt was involved in every free kick and putting pressure on the ref.

Even every Junior football game I have watched, the captain is in talking to the ref and asking why their players are fouled without any free kick or why a yellow was shown to an opponent for a foul the same ref gave a red card for previous. Captains can influence games.

Wee McKay gets halfed left, right and centre last season... and Wallace walks away. Any other captain would have been in at the ref. In his face.

Keep him in the team. I dont mind him as a player. But a cowering Left Back is not a Captain.

Basically nbeing a greeting faced cunt then.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Basically nbeing a greeting faced cunt then.

It isnt about being a greeting faced cunt. 

Captains stick up for their players and team. I have seen it at Junior level, throughout our L2, L1 level and at SPL etc... He doesn't.

The only player we have that you can see approaching the ref is Kenny Miller.

You clearly see him saying things like "why wasnt that guy booked" and getting frustrated at the ref when our players are being hacked more than the opposite team etc...

Wallace acts like a pussy as a Captain. He is not a leader on the park.

1 hour ago, Camshy said:

Now I know it was basically our first real game of the season and performance was poor, Jack and Niko aside, but I thought Wallace was rather poor.

He has stood by us and has been a great captain but I dont think he meits a starting slot right now and after the other night I'm convinced Beerman is the guy who holds or should hold that LB slot.............but will Pedro see it the same way or can Wallace get back to his best and merit that position ?

"I'm convinced Beerman is the guy who holds or should hold that LB slot........"

Wallace is maybe a problem but Beerman sure ain't the solution.

14 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

It isnt about being a greeting faced cunt. 

Captains stick up for their players and team. I have seen it at Junior level, throughout our L2, L1 level and at SPL etc... He doesn't.

The only player we have that you can see approaching the ref is Kenny Miller.

You clearly see him saying things like "why wasnt that guy booked" and getting frustrated at the ref when our players are being hacked more than the opposite team etc...

Wallace acts like a pussy as a Captain. He is not a leader on the park.

Fair enough, complaining to refs doesn't make much difference to me.

17 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Wallace is never a captain and Pedro should look at giving it to someone else and I always found a left back as a strange position for a captain, I always seen it as a job for a CD or CM.

Worked for Maldini.

Apart from that I agree someone else should be captain. Wallace got given the captaincy when there were no real alternatives. Back when there were no real leaders in the squad. This season there are a few. One in your favoured position of CD (Alves) and one in your other favoured position of CM (Jack). Miller or Wilson (been a captain of Hearts before but not a first pick over Alves and Cardoso so maybe no) are also candidates.

He's been poor for years bar a spell under MW in the Championship.

Playing lower league football for so long was always going to have a negative effect on someone that should've been in their peak years. Now he's past them and wasted himself.

24 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Worked for Maldini.

Apart from that I agree someone else should be captain. Wallace got given the captaincy when there were no real alternatives. Back when there were no real leaders in the squad. This season there are a few. One in your favoured position of CD (Alves) and one in your other favoured position of CM (Jack). Miller or Wilson (been a captain of Hearts before but not a first pick over Alves and Cardoso so maybe no) are also candidates.

In fairness Maldini was different class.

I think the problem might be if the captain is took off him will he see it a slap on the face and will this affect anyone else, might sound stupid but it could happen. Surely Wallace must know he is not a captain, I mean look at the Rangers captains before him, guys like Ferguson and Gough. A captain should be a good player and be vocal at the same time, if Alves plays the way he can I would say he is a def shoe-in for the job and Wallace should really volunteer to hand it over.

1 hour ago, geronimoo said:

Wallace is never a captain and Pedro should look at giving it to someone else and I always found a left back as a strange position for a captain, I always seen it as a job for a CD or CM.

Plenty of captains over the years have played left back or right back, I'm not sure the position itself is the reason to be a poor captain

Wallace is a subpar performer, with the complete overhaul of players he should not be wearing the band when his own coat is on a shaky peg.

Miller should be the captain, he covers the pitch anyway let him have some backing to his bollocking.