Lee Wallace

Camshy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that Wallace played better when McKay was on the same flank, in front of him. They seemed to have an understanding, and we got s few goals directly, and indirectly, from their partnership. Obviously it didn't work every game, but we did look better, going forward with those two on the left, IMHO. 

4 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Lee has proven himself in the Scottish top flight in the past and will do again.

Who with? Hertz?

With us? In a team that spunked a 10 point lead to that lot. Then got demoted. 

His six months in the "top flight" with Rangers was horrendous after McCoist lost that lead to them. 

There"s a fairytale around Wallace because he tuped over and that's about it. 

I've never rated him. 

Wallace has done a a good job I think he wasn't the greatest left back when we signed him but has been one of the very few good constants around the club in the last 5 years ... for his loyalty He has the armband and I'm in no doubt he is on a healthy wage package . Realistically we do need better but If Pedro is doing his job properly he will be looking for an improved long term replacement for Wallace in the next 12/18months as he has already mentioned planning ahead for the next 2 years. Would love nothing more than to see him lift that title in may as captain  :UK:...

People absolutely anialate Tav, but Wallace is far, far worse. 

He shows as little (on the pitch) leadership as I've ever seen from a Rangers captain. I want a greeting faced, angry bastard as my captain ala Ferguson. Someone that drags a team through a game. Wallace seems a nice guy, but he can't / won't grab someone by the scruff of the neck and drive them on. 

He can't defend, and I'm convinced we leak more goals down his side than any other area of the park. 

He also looks like he's been towing a caravan for about 3 years, aside from a good 6 months or so under MW. 

If we brought in Dorrans and Walker, a new LB would be next on my list of priorities. 

Miles Beerman isn't the answer either, good wee winger, but never a left back. Again, can't defend. 

Wallace was pretty poor on Thursday. He seemed off the pace and wasn't on the same wavelength as the rest of the players. The driving runs into the box and taking a shot were missing - he just seemed to run into our own players or completely misread the pass that was coming/had to be played.

I'll put it down to an injury lay-off and it being the first game of the season, but he needs to get the finger out.

4 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

Fuck me RM this our Captain of our team ya fucking half wits he will need upgraded but fuck me 1 game and he is pish bla bla bla let the new signings play and we will then be able to judge.

Its not one game, as people have pointed out his perfomances have been well below the standard required for quite some time which I feel is fair.

I want to see the best players at our club playing on the park and right now with what he have I dont think he is the best option at LB.

I still reckon he should be moved into a 3 man back line. He has lost a fair bit of pace and struggles to get back in position quickly.

Cardozo, Alves, Wallace/Wilson would be decent.

Tav/Candias, Jack/Rossiter, Holt/Pena, Walker/Mclean

Niko/Dorrans

Morelos,  Hererra 

If we get our transfer targets of course 

8 hours ago, Camshy said:

Now I know it was basically our first real game of the season and performance was poor, Jack and Niko aside, but I thought Wallace was rather poor.

He has stood by us and has been a great captain but I dont think he meits a starting slot right now and after the other night I'm convinced Beerman is the guy who holds or should hold that LB slot.............but will Pedro see it the same way or can Wallace get back to his best and merit that position ?

Sheesh! His first game back after a long injury in the first competitive game of a new season with a new setup and players and you want to drop our captain. 

Ffs! 

Not good enough and will cost has goals lets wingers and fullback run by him and get crosses in too easily Foster even did it in the recent Friendly it's been happening for years with him in that position.

20 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not good enough and will cost has goals lets wingers and fullback run by him and get crosses in too easily Foster even did it in the recent Friendly it's been happening for years with him in that position.

He has the skill but ITs his INitial 5 yard burst of speed that lets him down.

2 minutes ago, piperpete said:

He has the skill but ITs his INitial 5 yard burst of speed that lets him down.

He's good going forward but he's not good enough defensively it's alway's been that way even when he was a young boy at Hearts.

His final ball when he gets forward is not always the best either. We do not Currently have a player better than him in this position at the Club so can see why he's being played.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's good going forward but he's not good enough defensively it's alway's been that way even when he was a young boy at Hearts.

Hion final ball when he gets forward is not always the best either. We do not Currently have a player better than him in this position at the Club so can see why he's being played.

Yes we have, Kenny play every position Miller would be better. Big Lee needs an unselfish winger to enable him to charge up the park or he toils to get back INto possition .

He's a dud but he stayed fur ra fight so he's a pyoor legend n that.... The guy is not a captain, he is not a leader, he is not good enough. He is a complete liability. He is the perfect mirror and reminder of the last 6 years, mediocre. Sooner he is replaced the better for the team. 

5 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Yes we have, Kenny play every position Miller would be better. Big Lee needs an unselfish winger to enable him to charge up the park or he toils to get back INto possition .

Works well with McKay when McKay played well, but Dalcio is a less orthodox winger and prefers to float about so they never really hit it off, early days yet though.  with Wallace we will have the same problems as we do with Tav good going forward but poor defensively.

7 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

He could be extremely useful in the away leg presuming they try to push out a bit more.

Tbh, I thought he was fine on Thursday, the whole game seemed a bit meh.

The game was piss poor Kranjcar was the only bright spark for me and i constantly moan about his fitness and energy levels.

Its his first competitive match since a bad injury and he will need time like the rest of the team to gel with the new players. I do not think that Dalcio helped him in anyway and that certainly made Wallace look further off the pace. 

I do not think that Beerman at this time is the natural replacement or should merit a first team place over Wallace but Wallace defo needs to improve big time or he will need to be replaced. 

As to should he captain or not? to me i do not think he does enough to merit captain but looking at the current team who could do a better job? Alves seems a good choice but is his English good enough i would not have a clue. With the exception of Alves i still do not see a natural leader / captain in the team.  I hope that Cardosa could become a captain quite possible he could learn from Alves over the next two seasons and then take on the responsibility as it would give him a chance to grow as player, understand the clubs needs and get better at English 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Works well with McKay when McKay played well, but Dalcio is a less orthodox winger and prefers to float about so they never really hit it off, early days yet though.  with Wallace we will have the same problems as we do with Tav good going forward but poor defensively.

Miller was covering for Tav on many occasions When he went on the overlap which IS not IDeal as he needs to be IN the box trying to get on the end of crosses. Our midfield need to be more aware when the fullbacks go on a run.

Its been nearly two seasons since Wallace /McKay linked up well which produced goals on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Wallace was pretty poor on Thursday. He seemed off the pace and wasn't on the same wavelength as the rest of the players. The driving runs into the box and taking a shot were missing - he just seemed to run into our own players or completely misread the pass that was coming/had to be played.

I'll put it down to an injury lay-off and it being the first game of the season, but he needs to get the finger out.

This. Plus the fact it was his fist competitive game playing with Dalcio just in front of him. As they get to know each other's attributes, I'm sure there will be a big improvement by him as the weeks go by, and vice versa.

9 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Guy's just back after being out for months due to having an operation. :lol:

sportingintegritymyarse said in the match thread before the game that it's a clean slate for everyone. I agree. Lee has proven himself in the Scottish top flight in the past and will do again.

Games in June are always deceiving. Remember that time we were 3-0 down to an Irish mob at half time under Advocaat in June? Remember them getting beat off a team from Gibraltar a year ago in June or their 5-0 defeat under Strachan at the hands of Artmedia Bratislava?

June games are always shite and there's not a single player you can judge based on last night. That includes our captain who is just back from an injury he had to have an operation on.

You didn't get the memo stating we are supposed to slag all our players and demand we sell them for buttons then? 

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

The guy was never captain material , and defensively was never any good. Cant doubt his loyalty but nowhere near as good as some make out.

sadly have to agree with this. Wallace is a loyal foot soldier and was often lacking last season.

In the face of adversity (i.e. trailing against the rheptiles) we need a captain that screams no fucking surrender.

9 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Guy's just back after being out for months due to having an operation. :lol:

sportingintegritymyarse said in the match thread before the game that it's a clean slate for everyone. I agree. Lee has proven himself in the Scottish top flight in the past and will do again.

Games in June are always deceiving. Remember that time we were 3-0 down to an Irish mob at half time under Advocaat in June? Remember them getting beat off a team from Gibraltar a year ago in June or their 5-0 defeat under Strachan at the hands of Artmedia Bratislava?

June games are always shite and there's not a single player you can judge based on last night. That includes our captain who is just back from an injury he had to have an operation on.

Voice of reason ?