Closed door v Raith Rovers 01/07

jcb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I just didn't think he could play cause his name wasn't on the back of the programme the other night there but you could be right

Did a bit of reading on this.

There is an A list of registered players that has to be 25 max, 2 keepers a 8 locally trained players. Hardie isn't in that but the B list of players you are allowed unlimited players registered on it.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than midnight CET on the day before the match in question.

Ignore the 1994 date as I think it came from an old article.

Still don't think he'll play as it would mean he's ahead of Morelos and Herrera (unless we go to two up top).

The worry for me is that we are playing on Tuesday which suggests no one in today's line up will feature from the start I.e, Waghorn is starting again.

Maybe Pedro wants to get the new guys fit for the first game against Limassol. Possibly a bit presumptuous and risky given Waghorn is utter dogshite.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

There is an A list of registered players that has to be 25 max, 2 keepers a 8 locally trained players. Hardie isn't in that but the B list of players you are allowed unlimited players registered on it.

Still don't think he'll play as it would mean he's ahead of Morelos and Herrera (unless we go to two up top).

The worry for me is that we are playing on Tuesday which suggests no one in today's line up will feature from the start I.e, Waghorn is starting again.

Maybe Pedro wants to get the new guys fit for the first game against Limassol. Possibly a bit presumptuous and risky given Waghorn is utter dogshite.

Hopefully Miller up top with Candeias and Dalcio on the wings mate anyone but Waghorn

We need those who were not involved (or not involved for long in the case of Rossiter and Morelos) on Thursday to get some much needed match sharpness. 

Hopefully some of the guys can force their way into the starting XI ahead of more lacklustre performers (looking at you Waggy).

I would absolutely love to see Peña and Herrera on Tuesday, even just for a 30 minute cameo.

It's mental there's still over a month till the season starts considering this is probably the shortest preseason we've ever had.

We'll be fit and ready to go when it starts but even starting back so early, europe will be difficult for us. It's a new team again and it's a while off ready.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Muslim central mate :lol: 

Abdul will be buzzing for this friendly then, he'll have to get the union flag burka looked out.

21 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Not really mate, Morelos only got 20 mins on Thursday and we don't how much against RR so could be bringing up his match fitness with a view to him giving more of a role against Progres. 

Wouldn't read too much into it. 

30 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Not really mate, Morelos only got 20 mins on Thursday and we don't how much against RR so could be bringing up his match fitness with a view to him giving more of a role against Progres. 

Wouldn't read too much into it. 

Hope so mate, would really like to see Pena and Herrera get some time.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Hope so mate, would really like to see Pena and Herrera get some time.

I know what you mean mate, first and foremost we need to progress but I'd like to see how these boys look particularly Pena. I doubt we'll see them start but I'd be surprised if they weren't atleast on the bench 

I don't know, I think we could do quite well against limassol once the new boys are bedded in. I think Pena instead of Holt, Herrera instead of Waghorn and Also Alves in place of Bates could make such a big difference. I could see us being so dangerous from corners, cardoso looks a threat. alves is known for being a monster in the box and Herrera is a big tall player as well. Starting Candeias  from the start with morelas could also make a big difference! First we need to get past progres first though.

22 hours ago, jcb said:

Apparently a 3-0 victory with Morelos, Hardie & Windass scoring.

Alnwick, Hodson, Pena, Wilson, Rossiter, Windass, Morelos,Herrera, Hardie, Beerman all taking part.

Impressive to win with 10 players.