Martyn Waghorn - abuse

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Martyn if you start (hopefully not) I can assure you I will give you my 100% support but I'm still allowed to post that I think your pish. Please shut me up and bag a double ?

keep it to yourself - I'm starting - intend to shut a few people up 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with abuse aimed at him personally but criticising his footballing ability or attitude is more than merited. He is slow and doesn't seem to be busting a gut to get the ball or get involved in the game. He use to be good at running at players and cutting in - maybe better suited to not being played centrally... 

Stating that Waghorn is pish on a football forum is fair comment and not many would argue against it. Its pretty well justified.

Repeating it ad nauseum and with personal abuse is just attention seeking.

The posters that bother me are the ones in the match threads who seem desperate for him to fail once he is already on the pitch. Fucked up way to show how special you are in your football knowledge.

You say this as if it's something new. Far better players have had so much fucking worse. Remember the days McCoist used to take it from all corners of the ground as an extreme example. Hateley too! As much as I hate the prick, Lafferty also took it tight and overcame this to eventually come up with some decent performances. Abuse can have a positive impact on a player if they're big enough to take it. If you don't have the balls to take it and come back stronger, imo, you're not mentally strong enough to make it at Rangers. That may not be the popular opinion in this day and age, but it's true.

I hope he finds form and gets less hassle as a result or a move. Folk are acting as if he is our worst player ever, which is clearly not the case. He obviously tries a lot too. There have been plenty of players to slag off before Martyn's gets his turn.

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

He's been called a paedophile on here the day.

I'd say that's way beyond any abuse of a footballers abilities. 

Ffs that is a ridiculous thing to say about the lad, I do not think he is good enough to play for us, but abuse like that is well over the top and just wrong IMO.   

He's the most soul-destroyingly bad player i've seen in years. It genuinely kills all enthusiasm for me - i get a tightness in my chest when i see that he's starting. He has to go, he just has too. For his own good as well as ours. He needs totally out of the firing line, and he shouldn't even be a squad option for us. 

Personal abuse obviously isn't on though, of course. 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He's a confidence player who has absolutely no confidence at the moment

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He's a confidence player who has absolutely no confidence at the moment.

However, I also don't think he's done himself any favours either. He's clearly a lot bigger than he used to be and maybe if he did lean out a bit and improve his fitness the fans would see it as effort and dedication on his part and cut him a bit of slack.

I think he's in a position now where the fans have lost faith in him to such a level that he can't recover from it and it would be best for all parties if he moved on.

Totally agree with that. His confidence is shot to pieces. 

People only talk about his weight when he's out of form. Nothing was said when he was playing well and his build is no different now than then.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

He's the most soul-destroyingly bad player i've seen in years. It genuinely kills all enthusiasm for me - i get a tightness in my chest when i see that he's starting. He has to go, he just has too. For his own good as well as ours. He needs totally out of the firing line, and he shouldn't even be a squad option for us. 

Personal abuse obviously isn't on though, of course. 

i would say that any personal problems that you might have far outweigh any shortcomings MW might have :tu: