Murty

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have tried to defend him as much as I can, but if he doesn't want to even entertain the idea of staying then let him go. 

Quite disappointed at the fee, seems pretty desperate imo, probably a reflection on Pedros thoughts on him, however on his day he's the best player in Scotland I think, but we don't see it enough to command a hefty fee, so in truth it's probably as good as we could've got considering his contract situation. 

Hopefully we replace him with someone more consistent and with a stronger mentality, I don't want to be going into the season with Dalcio and Candeias as our wide options. Walker plus 1 other I'd be content with. 

Meh. There's bugger all to justify a high price. I'd have said 750k myself, but meh. 

The only thing that would irritate me would be the lack of a sell on clause. 25% or something is what I'd want.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Meh. There's bugger all to justify a high price. I'd have said 750k myself, but meh. 

The only thing that would irritate me would be the lack of a sell on clause. 25% or something is what I'd want.

A sell on clause is really the only thing that can make it look a half decent deal imo, but we'd probably never know if it is there until Pedro tells us, which I doubt, or someone comes calling for him in a couple years.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yep can't sit and slate a player for playing pish then ask for a higher price. They are taking a punt on someone's potential. 25% sell on clause n I'm fairly pleased with the deal. 

5 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

I will wait till Rangers Observer confirms fee.  Was hoping for closer to £750k  -  £1m with a decent sell on clause.  

The day you believe anything that comes out of that blatt is the day you need your bumps felt.

Reckons he's Billy Big Bollocks and he thinks he's a fucking superstar

His attitude is and always has been honking but will only be remembered for that one goal against them in the semi.

No that bothered that he's away really but would have liked to have seen a wee bit more dough for him

He's dined out on the goal he scored against them in the Old Firm Semi and has hardly kicked a ball since. The manager wants players with heart and a bit of steel in them - I'm sorry to say that for me, McKay has none of these.

In any case he refused to sign a new contract but instead of punting him last year, we righly waited until the new manager came in to assess the squad and there was always the chance that McKay would sign a new contract. However Pedro doesn't see a place for him and he didn't sign a new contract so good riddance and I'm sure the £500k (if that's actually true) will come in handy.

Pathetic deal and Pedro hanging him out to dry probably shaved £500k - £1 mil off his final price.

The way Barrie has been dealt with by fans and the manager leads me to think we will never be able to bring a young boy through, people can't see past flaws to recognise potential...

If he's not in the manager's plans, there's no point keeping him at the club, doesn't matter how talented he is. If we get between £500,000 and £750,000, it's better than nothing, plus Pedro doesn't have to explain why Barry is training with the under 20s every week!

Just now, Falcoholic said:

Reckons he's Billy Big Bollocks and he thinks he's a fucking superstar

His attitude is and always has been honking but will only be remembered for that one goal against them in the semi.

No that bothered that he's away really but would have liked to have seen a wee bit more dough for him

He definitely doesn't think like that mate. If you knew the boys he jumps around with and street his family come from you wouldn't say that. I really don't know his issues if it's confidence or what but I would stick my neck on the line n say it's not because he thinks he is a superstar. 

If true very disappointing IMO. If true a sell on clause is an absolute must. Many will disagree however I reckon he would a success down there. And even if he isn't many a shit to average player has gone for millions. Play one good game against an EPL side in one of the cups though and suddenly everyone down there will be falling over themselves and valuing him at crazy figures. The market down there is ridiculous. Sell on clauses to any English side has to be a priority every time we sell to them.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

He definitely doesn't think like that mate. If you knew the boys he jumps around with and street his family come from you wouldn't say that. I really don't know his issues if it's confidence or what but I would stick my neck on the line n say it's not because he thinks he is a superstar. 

A lassie I know works with his burd (fuck knows if a should even be saying this :lol:) but she told me that after the semi final everyone went out n Barrie got a chinky n wis up the road fur half 7 :lol: 

Just now, WGOH said:

A lassie I know works with his burd (fuck knows if a should even be saying this :lol:) but she told me that after the semi final everyone went out n Barrie got a chinky n wis up the road fur half 7 :lol: 

Cunts a know where up dancing about outside his maws hoose wae nae taps on pure blootered :lol:

That was a great day that day man. 

He definitely doesn't think he is better than he is