• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Thats a fucking joke tbh why do we constantly undervalue our players while the taigs get top dollar,we'd be better off keeping him than taking that pathetic offer 

Because we haven't won anything of worth in a while. 

If we progress in Europe this year, win the league and or Scottish Cup etc... then our players will be higher valued. 

Bad bit of business in my opinion, we got 850,000 for Lewis Macleod and he had only played in lower leagues for us. Ok Barrie hasn't exactly been consistent in top flight but he has played well against bigger teams than Macleod had at that point also he is a Scottish internationalist as well. 

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Cunts a know where up dancing about outside his maws hoose wae nae taps on pure blootered :lol:

That was a great day that day man. 

He definitely doesn't think he is better than he is 

That last sentence may also be part of the problem. He has ability unquestionably but I personally don't think he has the mentality to achieve all he can. At his age with the number of games he's played he should be walking ot onto the pitch every week thinking he's the best player on the park. Or at the very least that he's going to be better than his direct opponent. That doesn't mean he should be arrogant, just entirely confident in his own ability.

I could probably count on one hand the amount of times he's even had a spell in a game where he's looked like that, nevermind a run of matches consistently. 

Just now, KBOO72 said:

That last sentence may also be part of the problem. He has ability unquestionably but I personally don't think he has the mentality to achieve all he can. At his age with the number of games he's played he should be walking ot onto the pitch every week thinking he's the best player on the park. Or at the very least that he's going to be better than his direct opponent. That doesn't mean he should be arrogant, just entirely confident in his own ability.

I could probably count on one hand the amount of times he's even had a spell in a game where he's looked like that, nevermind a run of matches consistently. 

Yeah I agree with all of your post. :tu:

I really hope we aren't parting with him for that however won't  get to worked up about the price mentioned till we get confirmation. 

Agree we need to be realistic but all things considered he is worth more imo.  I'm not sure that board will be so stupid as previous in letting assets go for less than worth  

Interesting to note that the one Warburton comes for is one that was there before him and not one he and the best in the business bought.  Prick.  

The boy had the opportunity to buckle down and become top player for us and Scotland but as his previous efforts have proven he's took the easy Half arsed route.

Some players can't deal with harsh words and reality and need that old Warburton cuddle management and it's hardly surprising he's going back to him.

in my opinion we are well rid of him although the price tag is utter shite

24 minutes ago, MolsGoals said:

Pathetic deal and Pedro hanging him out to dry probably shaved £500k - £1 mil off his final price.

The way Barrie has been dealt with by fans and the manager leads me to think we will never be able to bring a young boy through, people can't see past flaws to recognise potential...

Barrie has ample opportunity to prove himself he's been here for years now,  he's not good enough

10 minutes ago, OhW said:

Why do people think we should commanding the same price for players as the taigs? We just finished behind Aberdeen for fuck sake.

Comes up on a near daily basis and I don't why.

celtic have been successful and have had individual players playing well. That means they can overvalue their players and people will buy into it. We have been shite and our players have been shite so nobody is going to buy it if we start putting overly inflated figures on shite players.

We need to start doing well on the park, once we do that the players value will rise. Until then our players value will only reflect what they are and based on last season that's the third best team in the SPFL.

I defo agree that the fee is quite low but I would think there is more than meets the eye on this (I hope).

If we have even a 15% sell on fee-which I'd except selling at that price. It could still get us a good bit of money. If he performs and can move on (especially with the silly transfers in England)-Kinda like the Charlie Adam deal to Blackpool.

I am guessing the relationship between Barrie and us deteriorated and the board new we had to get rid of him asap.

Come on Rangers WTF?

thats silly money £500k for someone so young with bags of potential. As some else said we got that for billy gilmour who had not even played a full match and we are selling arguably our prize asset (12 months ago) for half a million.

Even with only 12 months we should of been getting 2.5 million. Half a million pounds in English championship is nothing. 

I don't think people are grasping the full picture here.

Folk like MacLeod and Cummings did go for more but unless I'm wrong they didn't have 12 months left on their deal and it was already public that he had rejected a contract offer from us.

That's the reason he's gone for £500k - if he had a year or two longer on his existing deal we would have gotten a better fee for him.

33 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Canny wait to see BA's opinion on this. No doubt it'll be the greatest thing to happen to the club since Barca 72.

:lol: 

29 minutes ago, MolsGoals said:

Pathetic deal and Pedro hanging him out to dry probably shaved £500k - £1 mil off his final price.

The way Barrie has been dealt with by fans and the manager leads me to think we will never be able to bring a young boy through, people can't see past flaws to recognise potential...

Stop talking shite.

1 minute ago, StevenDavis said:

I don't think people are grasping the full picture here.

Folk like MacLeod and Cummings did go for more but unless I'm wrong they didn't have 12 months left on their deal and it was already public that he had rejected a contract offer from us.

That's the reason he's gone for £500k - if he had a year or two on his existing deal we would have gotten a better fee for him.

I think a more realistic comparison is to Walker and Hayes.

Both had/have a year left on their deals and Hearts want £1,000,000 for Walker and Aberdeen got over £1,000,000 for Hayes.

I do think Caixinha punting him to the U20's showed our hand and probably knocked some value off what we could have got for him, but to only get £500,000 for him from a club in a league that spends more money every season is really, really poor IMO.

54 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

That is bull shit, he might be inconsistent but he is worth far more than that. I am a bit more concerned that the useless fud waghorn is at the club, I also hope we bring in another winger as dalcio looked far from convincing the other day

Yes but dalcio has played 1 game let him have a chance to play for us before writing him off