McKay to Nottingham Forest - 500k

Murty

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think a more realistic comparison is to Walker and Hayes.

Both had/have a year left on their deals and Hearts want £1,000,000 for Walker and Aberdeen got over £1,000,000 for Hayes.

I do think Caixinha punting him to the U20's showed our hand and probably knocked some value off what we could have got for him, but to only get £500,000 for him from a club in a league that spends more money every season is really, really poor IMO.

I can't see Hearts holding out for £1 million for Walker.

We have messed up here and we should have gotten more money for him but there are reasons the fee is so low and we've touched on them.

Let's be positive and thank christ he didn't do a Hemdani and do fuck all for a year before he went for heehaw.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought 900k would've been decent fee regarding what he's actually done for us.  The odd 10 games aside he hasn't done enough in all honesty. There's no doubting he has talent but he's not confident enough in his own ability to bring it every week.

on his day he's untouchable but 3 games a season isn't enough to help us win the league

Ridiculous fee 

however a player that clearly didn't want to be here (felt like it for some time) add that to the fact he's very inconsistent lacking the correct attitude and never gives 110% I think I'd rather take the 500k and be done with him.

much rather watch players that give 110% every time they wear the jersey.

52 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I have tried to defend him as much as I can, but if he doesn't want to even entertain the idea of staying then let him go. 

Quite disappointed at the fee, seems pretty desperate imo, probably a reflection on Pedros thoughts on him, however on his day he's the best player in Scotland I think, but we don't see it enough to command a hefty fee, so in truth it's probably as good as we could've got considering his contract situation. 

Hopefully we replace him with someone more consistent and with a stronger mentality, I don't want to be going into the season with Dalcio and Candeias as our wide options. Walker plus 1 other I'd be content with. 

seriously :)

1 minute ago, IbroxBurnzy said:

Ridiculous fee 

however a player that clearly didn't want to be here (felt like it for some time) add that to the fact he's very inconsistent lacking the correct attitude and never gives 110% I think I'd rather take the 500k and be done with him.

much rather watch players that give 110% every time they wear the jersey.

How many of our current squad do you see giving even close to 100% every game? Miller and Wes are the only two.

Barrie getting singled out for that was always a load of shite the boys obviously a confidence player and taking stick every time he doesn't "hit the byline" doesn't help anybody

I don't disagree that Barrie leaving was the best option for all parties if we don't want to match his valuation of himself.

However, the way Pedro has handled this has negatively impacted his fee no question about it. No need for that.

People saying we should've got X, Y or Z fees don't make any sense.

Clearly no one of any relevance in the footballing world values McKay anywhere near the high values listed, and as a club that want to sell him we are at the whim of the buying clubs, so if they value him at 500k then he's worth 500k.

The fee does seem disappointingly low, but we don't know the full details of the deal. If we don't have a decent sell-on clause then it is an absolute shambles of a deal.

Hopefully we can put the money that we are getting for him towards Walker or the young guy Thomas we've been linked with.

Almost mock rage at the fee for this little coward from some. He has held our club to ransom over contracts on 2 separate occasions, he's a coward who shites out of tackles, his end product is shite, his goal return is shite, he is an empty jersey 9 times out of 10 and his attitude has been questioned umpteen times. He will be no loss whatsoever and to replace him with someone of the calibre of Graham Dorrans is a sensational upgrade for the club. 

£500k for a youth graduate with all his handicaps and months left on his contract is decent business for the club. I have no issue whatsoever with the fee. Interesting though that he has devalued by £5.5m by his ex manager in the space of 6 months or so....that says a lot for that rat fraud too. 

Let's move on. Wish him the best if you want, i don't care what he does now. He's gone. I never classed him as a Rangers player the same way i did a Lee McCulloch or Nacho Novo or Jorg Albertz, there was no connection with him or respect for him. I thought he was a wee arrogant dumb tit. 

How many times was he a stand out last season whilst we finished 3rd in a league ranked 23rd in Europe? Only a few times and whilst I can argue that more should have been got with both McLeod and mow MacKay other teams know we need to sell. Other than MacKay right now who else could be command a fee for?

The fee looks about right to me, if marginally low, but im hoping there is a sell on clause just in case he improves. Scottish players have hardly set the world on fire down in England in recent years. I think the fee takes into account the woeful standard of Scottish football and the poor record of Scottish players down in England. Tbh its not as if us or Forrest have had a huge amount of games to judge McKay on where he has played well against strong opposition. In fact against mediocre opposition McKay has himself looked fairly mediocre himself.

Not read through the thread and I'm sure it'll already have been mentioned but this deal has hallmarks of Charlie Adam.

Great deal for Forrest and we lose who has been our ray of sunshine regards real ability.

I'd have rather have kept him for the season and have him go for nothing.

500K is more the price you'd expect in January with 6 months left.

Folk are off their rocker saying we should get a million or more for him.

He's an inconsistent player, training with the u20s on the instruction of his new manager , is in the last year of his contract and has shown he won't sign the contract offered by the club. For a team that finished 3rd in a poor league.

Any club coming in for him knows all this, we wont get mega money for him. Folk need to be realistic. £500k plus a sell on would be decent all things considered. 

4 minutes ago, Super1872 said:

Folk are off their rocker saying we should get a million or more for him.

He's an inconsistent player, training with the u20s on the instruction of his new manager , is in the last year of his contract and has shown he won't sign the contract offered by the club. For a team that finished 3rd in a poor league.

Any club coming in for him knows all this, we wont get mega money for him. Folk need to be realistic. £500k plus a sell on would be decent all things considered. 

Correct. I still remember reading on here that Rangers should have been looking for £18 million for Boyd...

If fee is true, we really need to get someone in who can negotiate better than we have at present.  I realise that he's only got 12months to go in his contract and that we have to sell him in that time to get some money but selling him at rock bottom price when there is nearly two months to go of the transfer window is really poor.  If Warburton wants him for start of preseason training let him pay for it.  All the worse, when there are reportedly other teams sniffing about for him.

I don't think whether our manager rates him or not should be of any significance in the fee amount.  That is set by how much Warburton wants to have him and when.