"Niko no pace"

ARockit

47 minutes ago, ARockit said:

Niko has never, and will never have a sufficient level of pace to contribute consistently to a Rangers team throughout a game. He is the luxury player we can never afford to have in the team, and he is NOT the sort of player to build our team around. Glimpses and a couple of astute moves will never be enough. Time for this (and other) changes. 

That is your evaluation of the gsme. Tonight.  The be all and end all. You must be pulling my plonker mate to be honest with you. If that's what u came onto the forum to post .. don't come back .he was.by no way the worst player out there. The whole set up was wrong I nmidrfield.  You can't have two players sitting if.tou have a four man defence.  Fair enough with a.flat back 3 but not a four. There has to be a balance.ro a team and it was set up too defensively.  You have 4 defenders and two holding midfielder players who don't burst a gut to get forward and support. .. unfortunately Kenny is stuck out wide left.as I said in another thread yesterday that is a major problem. For. US.  

In order for niko to create he has ro have someone beside him doing the donkey work which allows him to do what he does. But when you have two sitting back it's so hard for him as he has little or no outlet. 

Their teamset out the way they wanted to play and we just looked so uninterested Nd no desire. 

For me  there is.a huge decision to make. I just don't think the board will make that decision....

Why invest if your not going to support manager.?

It's not what Ilike.but I think it is.the harsh reality 

Niko is a playmaker, a fantastic one, and his game isn't about pace.  Why run 50 yards with the ball when he has such a wonderful range of passing?  What Niko needs is runners in front of him to get on the end of his passing and make the most of the chances they get.

Can't blame a guy for not having pace, especially when the manager is talking about getting an hour out of him then leaves him on for 90 mins. This after all a guy coming back from an 8 month injury lay of. This just another clueless move from a manager with no clue. Seriously struggling to see what the next move is. Some half decent friendly a must.

29 minutes ago, Then_now_forever said:

He is full of skill and his football brain is streets ahead of anyone in our side.

Unfortunately his brain is ahead  of his legs also, they won't carry him any more at any decent level .

The man is done , it's quite sad to watch in truth .

He's good enough for our league this season though. 

15 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

That is your evaluation of the gsme. Tonight.  The be all and end all. You must be pulling my plonker mate to be honest with you. If that's what u came onto the forum to post .. don't come back .he was.by no way the worst player out there. The whole set up was wrong I nmidrfield.  You can't have two players sitting if.tou have a four man defence.  Fair enough with a.flat back 3 but not a four. There has to be a balance.ro a team and it was set up too defensively.  You have 4 defenders and two holding midfielder players who don't burst a gut to get forward and support. .. unfortunately Kenny is stuck out wide left.as I said in another thread yesterday that is a major problem. For. US.  

In order for niko to create he has ro have someone beside him doing the donkey work which allows him to do what he does. But when you have two sitting back it's so hard for him as he has little or no outlet. 

Their teamset out the way they wanted to play and we just looked so uninterested Nd no desire. 

For me  there is.a huge decision to make. I just don't think the board will make that decision....

Why invest if your not going to support manager.?

It's not what Ilike.but I think it is.the harsh reality 

The game was just the straw that broke the camels back. Before his injury he seemed like nothing but a luxury player. He has a quick brain but you need pace and fitness or you'll get eaten alive, even in the SPFL

So are people who are quicker etc not meant to do the hard graft for him .? No .?? There have slow players in world football than niko who control games down to a fucking stroll if that's the way they want to play it.  .. there must be desire heart and fight but you select an individual form that . Let players play. If not they are null and void. It is all about  balance . End of.

Ya - fuckin - hoo

Niko is a fuckin mile off the pace we need, and has been since we signed him. As a matter of fact when he was injured he was probably of the same pace as when he is fit. Great technical ability but really we need to get him to fuck as well. We need 100% fit and committed players not luxury items.

Hopefully Pena show why we've paid so much for him and take Niko's starting spot. He isn't fit enough and doesn't have the pace to start matches. Luxury player to possibly bring on with 25-30 mins left if we need to open up a defence