Moving forward

I cannot disagree with anybody that thinks the manager must now go. 

I do however think this is a complicated issue for the board to handle. We cannot fault the board for their work in all aspects over the close season and this situation throws up even more of a conundrum. 

A lot of these players will have arrived at Ibrox on the back of the Portuguese link and the little they might have known about PC. How are they going to settle if the manager that has just brought them in gets sacked without some of them even making an appearance? Could lead to further instability. 

That's what my head tells me but my heart tells me PC has been at the club for many months now. We have never seen a game plan that we recognise. We don't look like scoring goals. We look clueless tactically. Most importantly I honestly don't think he's popular with the players. They haven't bought into him. We have to remember the level of opposition we were up against tonight. Quite literally the equivalent of an average junior team. I think even 11 professsionals without a management team should be beating that lot. It's as if they're kicking against him. 

Big decision for the board, plenty to consider. 

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

...We don't look like scoring goals. We look clueless tactically...

Your thread title made me imagine a day in the future when we had a team full of quick, mobile attackers who knew what their feet were going to do next...never going to happen ever again.

18 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I cannot disagree with anybody that thinks the manager must now go. 

I do however think this is a complicated issue for the board to handle. We cannot fault the board for their work in all aspects over the close season and this situation throws up even more of a conundrum. 

A lot of these players will have arrived at Ibrox on the back of the Portuguese link and the little they might have known about PC. How are they going to settle if the manager that has just brought them in gets sacked without some of them even making an appearance? Could lead to further instability. 

That's what my head tells me but my heart tells me PC has been at the club for many months now. We have never seen a game plan that we recognise. We don't look like scoring goals. We look clueless tactically. Most importantly I honestly don't think he's popular with the players. They haven't bought into him. We have to remember the level of opposition we were up against tonight. Quite literally the equivalent of an average junior team. I think even 11 professsionals without a management team should be beating that lot. It's as if they're kicking against him. 

Big decision for the board, plenty to consider. 

There is nothing to consider, this manager has finally hit a brick wall after months of hitting speed bumps, he has to go and we are still stuck with a penniless board with no clout to fix anything and nine new average players.

After that game I'am sure there will be players wanting rid of him, who else is going to get the blame if the manager stays.

22 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

After that game I'am sure there will be players wanting rid of him, who else is going to get the blame if the manager stays.

Which players do you think will want rid of him most? After seeing their back-breaking effort and peerless skills undone by managerial incompetence, will they send that no-nonsense captain to tell him to his face?