Who We Gonna Call Next ?

tannerall

I support Rangers. They are one of the biggest teams in football, with history, tradition and success stretching through three centuries. 

Yet my team is now in danger of becoming small, no-one fears us these days, we are run by people who appear to have no great concern about future success, are happy just kicking along, spending the fans money, and taking out what they can get away with. They don't respect my team, they don't honour it. They are self interested. 

Then there are the managers and, anyone with a CV that says limited recent success strolls in to the job, they try a few ideas, talk the talk, bullshit a bit, then get found out in a short period. They are never in awe of the job, or equal  to expectations, basically just bluffing their way till they are sent on their way to the next average team.

Then there's the player, journeymen, lower division players, over the hill. Don't blame them, they mainly reflect the limited ambitions of those above at our great club. 

So where do we go now ? We are full of limited talent individuals at all levels of our club. We need someone who can grasp the real idea of what the Rangers are about. Someone big and bold enough to boot our great club back to the higher standard and expectation we fans not only expect but need. 

Already I suspect Pedro is not the man. Fighting a charging bull in an arena maybe, managing Rangers step too far. 

And no wonder manager from abroad would be trusted by us now, or even be interested in the job now.

We could go the English way, a Sam Allardyce maybe, an Alan Pardew, these guys have cut it in highly competitive leagues with top players for years. However not for me. 

Or a proven Scottish manager ? Not for me, it's too low a standard.

We need someone big and bold enough to look everyone at our club straight in the eye and demand we regain our standard. A guy who knows what the fans expect and instills passion.

There's only one guy I can think of who matches the criteria.    Souness.  

Maybe too old, but I struggle to think of any others. 

Any other suggestions ?

I was with you all the way up until Souness mate jeezo. 

Fuck if we could tempt Allerdyce for a season or two to steady the ship that could really be what we need. 

Needs to be a British manager anyway that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

I support Rangers. They are one of the biggest teams in football, with history, tradition and success stretching through three centuries. 

Yet my team is now in danger of becoming small, no-one fears us these days, we are run by people who appear to have no great concern about future success, are happy just kicking along, spending the fans money, and taking out what they can get away with. They don't respect my team, they don't honour it. They are self interested. 

Then there are the managers and, anyone with a CV that says limited recent success strolls in to the job, they try a few ideas, talk the talk, bullshit a bit, then get found out in a short period. They are never in awe of the job, or equal  to expectations, basically just bluffing their way till they are sent on their way to the next average team.

Then there's the player, journeymen, lower division players, over the hill. Don't blame them, they mainly reflect the limited ambitions of those above at our great club. 

So where do we go now ? We are full of limited talent individuals at all levels of our club. We need someone who can grasp the real idea of what the Rangers are about. Someone big and bold enough to boot our great club back to the higher standard and expectation we fans not only expect but need. 

Already I suspect Pedro is not the man. Fighting a charging bull in an arena maybe, managing Rangers step too far. 

And no wonder manager from abroad would be trusted by us now, or even be interested in the job now.

We could go the English way, a Sam Allardyce maybe, an Alan Pardew, these guys have cut it in highly competitive leagues with top players for years. However not for me. 

Or a proven Scottish manager ? Not for me, it's too low a standard.

We need someone big and bold enough to look everyone at our club straight in the eye and demand we regain our standard. A guy who knows what the fans expect and instills passion.

There's only one guy I can think of who matches the criteria.    Souness.  

Maybe too old, but I struggle to think of any others. 

Any other suggestions ?

Fucked if I know.

Sorry, don't even have it in me tonight to think that far ahead.