Do you agree now?

I was absolutely ridiculed for a thread I started long before Pedro's name was mentioned in the betting odds for our new manager.

I stated that after Warburton, this new managerial appointment was critical, I went on to say we should not try and appoint a long term manager because we'd be struggling for good quality candidates - instead we should bring in a tough manager just for a few months until the end of the season. Simply here, to separate the boys from the men, and to lay the ground work for a higher class of manager to come here in the summer. Someone that was a hard man, understood Rangers perfectly and understood Scottish football.

I said, someone like Alex McLeish or Jimmy Calderwood would have been perfect. They'd be delighted to take on the job for a few months, get the best out of the shit we had - and I bet they would have gotten the same or better results than what Pedro got.

Then, the board would have plenty of time while the interim was working to search out better class managerial candidates for the summer, with the draw of European football, a transfer window and funds to rebuild - a better class of manager would be available to us than what was available to us at the time Pedro took over.

The interim manager would also be able to give the new manager all the information on the current squad - whom could cut it and whom were dog shite and needed fucked off.

I was ridiculed, but I still believe what I said was correct - and it was not hindsight. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I was absolutely ridiculed for a thread I started long before Pedro's name was mentioned in the betting odds for our new manager.

I stated that after Warburton, this new managerial appointment was critical, I went on to say we should not try and appoint a long term manager because we'd be struggling for good quality candidates - instead we should bring in a tough manager just for a few months until the end of the season. Simply here, to separate the boys from the men, and to lay the ground work for a higher class of manager to come here in the summer. Someone that was a hard man, understood Rangers perfectly and understood Scottish football.

I said, someone like Alex McLeish or Jimmy Calderwood would have been perfect. They'd be delighted to take on the job for a few months, get the best out of the shit we had - and I bet they would have gotten the same or better results than what Pedro got.

Then, the board would have plenty of time while the interim was working to search out better class managerial candidates for the summer, with the draw of European football, a transfer window and funds to rebuild - a better class of manager would be available to us than what was available to us at the time Pedro took over.

The interim manager would also be able to give the new manager all the information on the current squad - whom could cut it and whom were dog shite and needed fucked off.

I was ridiculed, but I still believe what I said was correct - and it was not hindsight. 

I agree 100%

For me the fear that is working away is the 14 he wanted out... who the fuck will want them? 

They cant get into THAT team... our wage bill could haunt us 

At a time in our history where it's never been more important that we have a good manager we've had -

McCoist, McDowall, McCall, Warburton, Murty & Caixinha in charge.

Utter shite. Wasted a fortune on shite players and not invested in a proper manager.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Wow, just wow.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Said before Caixinha won't cut it and neither will our club while the board spend pennies trying to compete. This season will see Pedro out before the end and a serious revolt against the board Imo. 

To be fair I never said that, I was willing to give him a chance because the information I had on him was very little - so who was I to say he'd cut it or not. But these are the decisions we leave the board to make, and we entrust them to do right by us and appoint the right people.

The board keep failing us.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

To be fair I never said that, I was willing to give him a chance because the information I had on him was very little - so who was I to say he'd cut it or not. But these are the decisions we leave the board to make, and we entrust them to do right by us and appoint the right people.

The board keep failing us.

I posted about his win loss ratio and was slaughtered. If he couldn't cut it in the previous jobs, bar one then what chance does he have to lead us to glory and Europe? 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Wow, just wow.

I'll write it in caps and bold INTERIM

Does he understand Scottish football?

Does he understand what Rangers are about?

Has he had managerial experience in Scottish football?

Would he have taken the interim job seriously?

Would he suffer any shit from the players?

Would he have done any worse than Pedro?

Financially would a few months contract be more easy to take than a 3 year permanent deal of a failing manager?

4 minutes ago, Murty said:

At a time in our history where it's never been more important that we have a good manager we've had -

McCoist, McDowall, McCall, Warburton, Murty & Caixinha in charge.

Utter shite. Wasted a fortune on shite players and not invested in a proper manager.

I wouldn't include McCall in that. He inherited Ally's team and as a temporary appointment had no opportunity to bring anyone in. He showed he's got some managerial ability by what he achieved with 'Well. 

Similarly Murty, never asked for the job but stepped up temporarily and did his best (are you related by the way? :)

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Jimmy Calderwood, really? Even interim.

Sad state of affairs some of our support have been waiting for PC to fail.  Just to big up their own fuckin ego and say I told you so.

Aye congratulations.

I said it before Pedros name was mentioned in the betting odds, but make up history as you go along if that's what turns you on.

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Said before Caixinha won't cut it and neither will our club while the board spend pennies trying to compete. This season will see Pedro out before the end and a serious revolt against the board Imo. 

No one wanted him. Everyone's been proved right. We're run by absolute fucking morons. At some point a revolt against the board will come, it's whether its this season coming or the following season. 

3 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I wouldn't include McCall in that. He inherited Ally's team and as a temporary appointment had no opportunity to bring anyone in. He showed he's got some managerial ability by what he achieved with 'Well. 

Similarly Murty, never asked for the job but stepped up temporarily and did his best (are you related by the way? :)

I kind of agree with that, felt sorry for the man.

I'm getting tooo pished to be reading long posts but fuck it we are where we are. Hindsight is glorious but the board took a gamble and backed this man. We have been humiliated as a club and a support tonight but he better know he has a lot to prove. I've said elsewhere that he has until after the first BIG game then if he hasn't won every game up to an including that one he has to go. And I expect the board to be sounding out a major manager right now.

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

So you would expect our board to have got a new manager in and have him get his players in just 3/4 weeks. ??

Just now, Gman36 said:

No one wanted him. Everyone's been proved right. We're run by absolute fucking morons. At some point a revolt against the board will come, it's whether its this season coming or the following season. 

I disagree, I think a lot of people thought this was a good move. Some people didn't but some were positive and did.

But - we are not privy to the interview, we do not set the interview questions - so we really couldn't know and had to trust the board.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I said it before Pedros name was mentioned in the betting odds, but make up history as you go along if that's what turns you on.

There was never enough time for a manager to come in at end of the season, evaluatate the team and indentify players before season started.

Bringing someone in before end of the season was 100% correct in my opinion. Whether Caixinha was the right person is for another time.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you would expect our board to have got a new manager in and have him get his players in just 3/4 weeks. ??

You know what happens behind the scenes, tapping up etc. Like I said, I expect the board to have worked in the background as the interim was working. I would also have expected the interim to be giving feedback to the unannounced new manager during this time as well.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Take it you're buzzing we lost tonight just so you could make this thread, aye?

Take it you're pissed because of your forum name?

None of us are happy mate, but I made a good point a long time back and was ridiculed for it, now it looks like perhaps I shouldn't have been.