Do you agree now?

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

You know what happens behind the scenes, tapping up etc. Like I said, I expect the board to have worked in the background as the interim was working. I would also have expected the interim to be giving feedback to the unannounced new manager during this time as well.

The way they did it was the way to go, the guy they got to do it has to get his finger out asap. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I disagree, I think a lot of people thought this was a good move. Some people didn't but some were positive and did.

But - we are not privy to the interview, we do not set the interview questions - so we really couldn't know and had to trust the board.

I think a lot of folk it's more out of hope and desperation rather than any realistic expectations.

It was like the niko chanting at the home game. I'm sitting thinking to myself really? The guys played a couple of decent passes and looks fucked after 20 minutes. Again, it's folk are just desperate for some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. I don't blame folk for it but it's just not based in any reality. 

My thoughts are though we really need to face up to the reality of where we are or this is going to keep on happening. Year on year we're pissing money up against the wall and falling further behind. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

The way they did it was the way to go, the guy they got to do it has to get his finger out asap. 

I hope to fuck pedro does it mate, I really do, but the belief I've had in him has really taking a big blow after tonight. I actually cant believe it.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Take it you're pissed because of your forum name?

None of us are happy mate, but I made a good point a long time back and was ridiculed for it, now it looks like perhaps I shouldn't have been.

Made this my name in support of Mr Mendes in '08 mate ;)

Back on topic, what's the point? Your whole post reeks of "I was right and you were wrong" pish. I don't get the mentality of these "I told you so" posts like these.

7 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Would doubt if even Jimmy Calderwood would have managed to lose 5-1 to the tarriers at Ibrox.

I would expect Calderwood or such like would put some backbone in the team.  I just don't know what's in the current team.

Just now, Pedro said:

Made this my name in support of Mr Mendes in '08 mate ;)

Back on topic, what's the point? Your whole post reeks of "I was right and you were wrong" pish. I don't get the mentality of these "I told you so" posts like these.

I don't get the mentality of attacking people who post my kind of post, I simply made a good point a while back and I'm reinforcing it. It's more of a - maybe you should be more open minded - instead of - i told you so post.

But people see things the way they want it, if that's the way you want to think of it fair enough.

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

I would expect Calderwood or such like would put some backbone in the team.  I just don't know what's in the current team.

He would put a spray tan on them nevermind a backbone. 

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Exactly, and that's exactly what was missing from Warburton's team - that's why I thought McLeish or Calderwood would have done the business.

People like McInnes would not have taken an interim appointment - they would have wanted a long term contract. This is what people often forget.

So it would have had to have been someone who was frozen out, but a Rangers fan, that had the interim requirements for us at that small moment in time.

Just now, jamess said:

The priority in that game given the circumstances should have been putting out a team that the tarriers would find hard to beat, a Rangers man like Caldewood would have done that.

Ibstead we got this clown fannying about with formations and players he already knew didn't fit in to them.

15 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Jimmy Calderwood, really? Even interim.

Sad state of affairs some of our support have been waiting for PC to fail.  Just to big up their own fuckin ego and say I told you so.

Aye congratulations.

Your right, I have being waiting for him to fail, because he is a useless manager and tonight he didn't disappoint, the man should have never been brought to Ibrox, that's the reality  and nothing to do with egos.

17 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'll write it in caps and bold INTERIM

Does he understand Scottish football?

Does he understand what Rangers are about?

Has he had managerial experience in Scottish football?

Would he have taken the interim job seriously?

Would he suffer any shit from the players?

Would he have done any worse than Pedro?

Financially would a few months contract be more easy to take than a 3 year permanent deal of a failing manager?

All nonsense. You write that as if it carries guarantees; just because you write it, or, more worryingly, believe it, says a lot about where this club is at right now that you think this is even an option, or was an option. If we were getting rid of Warburton then it had to be someone better. this manager right now is not better than Warburton. As for your suggestion, even for a day, is ludicrous. Murty should have been kept till the end of the season, and then De Boer in.

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don't get the mentality of attacking people who post my kind of post, I simply made a good point a while back and I'm reinforcing it. It's more of a - maybe you should be more open minded - instead of - i told you so post.

So those who were in favour of PC being appointed, rather than McLeish or Calderwood, were the ones with the closed minds?

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I said eck was our best chance of being back on top in Scotland 

See I don't know about that mate, I think u were one of the few that agreed with me last time, I really doubt he would have been the guy to take us beyond that short period.

The manager is the most important aspect of a successful side. The board really seem not to have a fuckin clue on the right appointment but seem to be happy with the cheapest option than allowing that unproven manager too spunk it with a load off piss that we'll be difficult to offload. 

I would really be happy if we just appoint a manager with a good track record and a highly experience one at that that can weed and offload this doss out of our club,

5 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Your right, I have being waiting for him to fail, because he is a useless manager and tonight he didn't disappoint, the man should have never been brought to Ibrox, that's the reality  and nothing to do with egos.

You wanted us to be put out of Europe?

For what so you can say you were right?

Worstcunts going man.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

All nonsense. You write that as if it carries guarantees; just because you write it, or, more worryingly, believe it, says a lot about where this club is at right now that you think this is even an option, or was an option. If we were getting rid of Warburton then it had to be someone better. this manager right now is not better than Warburton. As for your suggestion, even for a day, is ludicrous. Murty should have been kept till the end of the season, and then De Boer in.

So you agree there should have been an interim manager? Thanks for agreeing with the point.

Whether Calderwood was the person to take us forward or not for those few months is debatable and ultimately not the point of the thread. I mentioned him as one of the options out there.

You think that is all nonsense, then there's no point chatting with you any more mate, too far gone, too closed minded. Thanks for your contribution anyway.