We Desperatly Need Creative Wingers

TMB

The manager has brought in Dalcio and Candieas but they're not taking defenders on, getting past them, or creating chances for the strikers.  Putting the likes of Miller and Windass out on the left-wing isn't ideal because they tend to run around like headless chickens with no positional sense at all.  We need to go and get ourselves a proper left-sided winger who knows the role and can operate in that position, commit defenders, and looks a real threat going forward.  While we're at it, get another one for the right side.

For my money, I like the 4-2-3-1 formation and thought it was the correct one for tonight's game.  There was a young CB in there who has played a mere 10 games as a pro and needed protection.  Jack and Rossiter offered the back 4 plenty of protection which is great.  

The full-backs are having to be our width at the moment and these lads are being asked to do far too much IMO.  If we had actual wingers maybe the full-backs could focus more on defending at times.  People will often criticise the end product of Wallace or Tav but creating things in the final 3rd is a secondary role for them.  Even so, they created two of our best chances that resulted in us hitting the bar twice.  

It's Miller and Candieas who should've be causing the opposition defenders problems tonight.  They should've been creating chances for themselves and the striker but they don't look up to it.  In all honesty, if this is going to be another season of Miller at left-midfield I'd rather he was released.  

Celtic played the 4-2-3-1 all of last season and had great success with it.  This formation can and does work but you need the right players to make that happen.  If we're going to make it work for us we'll need quality wide players or things will quickly fall apart for this team.

In Foderingham, Cardoso, Alves, Jack, Rossiter, and Kranjcar I feel we have enough in the middle.  We need more quality in the wide areas and final third. Wingers should be top priority for us now.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The manager has brought in Dalcio and Candieas but they're not taking defenders on, getting past them, or creating chances for the strikers.  Putting the likes of Miller and Windass out on the left-wing isn't ideal because they tend to run around like headless chickens with no positional sense at all.  We need to go and get ourselves a proper left-sided winger who knows the role and can operate in that position, commit defenders, and looks a real threat going forward.  While we're at it, get another one for the right side.

For my money, I like the 4-2-3-1 formation and thought it was the correct one for tonight's game.  There was a young CB in there who has played a mere 10 games as a pro and needed protection.  Jack and Rossiter offered the back 4 plenty of protection which is great.  

The full-backs are having to be our width at the moment and these lads are being asked to do far too much IMO.  If we had actual wingers maybe the full-backs could focus more on defending at times.  People will often criticise the end product of Wallace or Tav but creating things in the final 3rd is a secondary role for them.  Even so, they created two of our best chances that resulted in us hitting the bar twice.  

It's Miller and Candieas who should've be causing the opposition defenders problems tonight.  They should've been creating chances for themselves and the striker but they don't look up to it.  In all honesty, if this is going to be another season of Miller at left-midfield I'd rather he was released.  

Celtic played the 4-2-3-1 all of last season and had great success with it.  This formation can and does work but you need the right players to make that happen.  If we're going to make it work for us we'll need quality wide players or things will quickly fall apart for this team.

In Foderingham, Cardoso, Alves, Jack, Rossiter, and Kranjcar I feel we have enough in the middle.  We need more quality in the wide areas and final third. Wingers should be top priority for us now.

we just got rid of a left winger who could get past players surely the 2 we signed were bought for that purpose but on the evidence of 2 games they dont look capable

We need creativity full stop. As for formation its 442 for me with wing backs that can defend and a strike partnership. Playing one up front with our lot is fuckin hopeless as they just don't know how to support the lone man. Back to basics.

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Dalcio looks utter shite fell over the ball about 3 times and Candieas not much better,Walker is a must and ideally one more on top of that 

Walker had two assists in the league last season.  He's not the creative player we need.  If anything, he'll exaserbate the issue.  

Who are we crossing to?

Seriously, who do we have that can beat a CB to head home? 

Now obviously I don't mean that's the only way you can get on the end of a cross but having watched us for the last few years Herrera better be some player if we're to make use of wingers. 

Pena (assuming he isnae just going to continue being an alkie and fuck off back to mexico after 2 months) and Dorrans will help in terms of opportunity but it's bizarre how similar Warburton/Pedro are. Both in terms of what signings we make, teams we play, tactics/subs, etc.etc, final 1/3 we're a disaster and defensively we ship goals like St Mirren.

I look at our signings and while they will help it's evident just how thin the ability is in our team, and in terms of going for a title in a few years you have to be honest and say that none of them are capable, that's how bad they are.

Now that last statement isn't based on tonight, it's based on how bad we've been in the worst Scottish league I can remember, and if we're rank in an unusually bad Scottish league then you gain a perspective of just how far we're off getting back to the place many of us expect to reach.

It'll be the main reason we fail this season. I've said before that you can get away with an average defence and midfield with a quality striker and 2 direct wingers that cause the opposition problems in our league. The jury is still out on the quality striker but Dalcio and Candeias will not get us the goals/assists that we desperately need this year.

To be honest though even if we did have a decent front line we'd probably still get embarrassed with our clown of a manager overseeing things.   

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Walker had two assists in the league last season.  He's not the creative player we need.  If anything, he'll exaserbate the issue.  

Aye your probably right but at least he gets goals from midfield something we seriously lack I'd love to get Weiss in he'd make a massive difference 

7 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Who are we crossing to?

Now obviously I don't mean that's the only way you can get on the end of a cross but having watched us for the last few years Herrera better be some player if we're to make use of wingers. 

Pena (assuming he isnae just going to continue being an alike and fuck off back to mexico after 2 months) and Dorrans will help in terms of opportunity but it's bizarre how similar Warburton/Pedro are. Both in terms of what signings we make, teams we play, tactics/subs, etc.etc, final 1/3 we're a disaster and defensively we ship goals like St Mirren.

I look at our signings and while they will help it's evident just how thin the ability is in our team, and in terms of going for a title in a few years you have to be honest and say that none of them are capable, that's how bad they are.

Now that last statement isn't based on tonight, it's based on how bad we've been in the worst Scottish league I can remember, and if we're rank in an unusually bad Scottish league then you gain a perspective of just how far we're off getting back to the place many of us expect to reach.

Been like that for a long time its like Tav and Wallace crossing to each other when they get a cross in.

How about 4-4-2 because his system is fucking shite, a part time team coped easy with it. get two fucking forwards up front. His style of play never changed for 180 mkns ffs. what a fucking clown. clueless fucking idiot out smarted by a part time manager. 

Arguably our 3 biggest signings (Alves, Pena and Dorrans) haven't even featured yet. If one of them that hit the bar or Jacks free header goes in it's a different game and different outlook tonight.

No excuses for not beating this team over 2 legs. Should have beaten them comfortably. Can only hope now we have time to get it right before season kicks off properly. Europe was just a bonus for us this year. If we got through tonight we would have  been put out in Cyprus anyway.

15 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Who are we crossing to?

It doesn't matter if they're traditional wingers, or inside forwards.  I can see the value in either type of player.  My comments were more to do with the quality of the individuals in those wide positions, rather than their play style.  We have Herrera who is a target man and Morelas who looks quick on the deck and full of movement.  These player need service and our current wide players can't provide the service they need.  We need quality in those areas right now or we're fucked.

TBH we need a striker more than anything the amount of absolute sitters we've missed over the last 18 months is incredible. Niko heads that ball in from 5 yards out in the first game and the ties over and tonight hit the bar 3 times.

Till we get a no-nonsense striker who can hit 20 a season we'll struggle.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Rossiter and Jack are nowhere near good enough for a club like ours who want to challenge for trophies.

Cardoso and Alves in central defence, with Rossiter and Jack in front of them, is a solid defensive platform.  More than enough to challenge for silverware on the SPFL.  Our problems are up the other end of the park.  We can't create or score goals.  

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Cardoso and Alves in central defence, with Rossiter and Jack in front of them, is a solid defensive platform.  More than enough to challenge for silverware on the SPFL.  Our problems are up the other end of the park.  We can't create or score goals.  

This. those 4 are sound. It's everything else round about them. 

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Got to admit that's the best assessment I could give just now, don't ask me to talk about players going sideways with balls, backwards and fucking forwards not finding space or I will be here all cunting night! Oh and what is with not shooting outside of the fucking box if you get an inch of space, even a save can be spilled and knocked in, hit the keeper right in the napper, especially as he is the second choice one!

Fuck stopping there, can feel my blood rising again.

2 holding midfielders against garbage can get to fuck.

We've signed wingers that are worse than we had.

Need to sign another 2 wide men that can create and score, a CM that can create and score (even with Pena we need another).

47 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

That midfield is too static, whos the guy bursting to get up there with the striker. Wheres the energy in that midfield?