Jump to content

Kenny Miller again


Recommended Posts

It pains me to say it given all the money spent on new players and the fresh influx of new ideas and initiatives under successive mangers, but Kenny Miller remains for me the one guy on the park that I can realistically hope will dig us out of a hole.

Again tonight, right at the death when our players were thrashing wildly and squandering chances, Kenny picked up the ball on the far side of the box and deftly executed an excellent lob over the keeper that - if it had dipped just a fraction - would have saved our bacon.

He is one of very few current Gers players that demonstrates any kind of a footballing brain and can conjure up something special. Yes, he is less effective when he tracks back. Yes, he can go missing for periods. But he's a fucking veteran now and the fact that its still down to him to make a telling contribution after all the fresh blood that's been brought in tells you just how shite things are right now.

Kenny has been outstanding for us over the years, not least against the filth. Even as an old warhorse he's often the only cunt on the pitch that I see showing the required level of passion and energy to get the right result for us. The kind of attitude that EVERY man who pulls on the jersey should have.

His time with us is drawing to a close and I hope he'll get the appreciation he deserves. He's the closest thing in our current team that resembles a proper Rangers player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

It pains me to say it given all the money spent on new players and the fresh influx of new ideas and initiatives under successive mangers, but Kenny Miller remains for me the one guy on the park that I can realistically hope will dig us out of a hole.

Again tonight, right at the death when our players were thrashing wildly and squandering chances, Kenny picked up the ball on the far side of the box and deftly executed an excellent lob over the keeper that - if it had dipped just a fraction - would have saved our bacon.

He is one of very few current Gers players that demonstrates any kind of a footballing brain and can conjure up something special. Yes, he is less effective when he tracks back. Yes, he can go missing for periods. But he's a fucking veteran now and the fact that its still down to him to make a telling contribution after all the fresh blood that's been brought in tells you just how shite things are right now.

Kenny has been outstanding for us over the years, not least against the filth. Even as an old warhorse he's often the only cunt on the pitch that I see showing the required level of passion and energy to get the right result for us. The kind of attitude that EVERY man who pulls on the jersey should have.

His time with us is drawing to a close and I hope he'll get the appreciation he deserves. He's the closest thing in our current team that resembles a proper Rangers player. 

Agree with all of that and it fucking depresses the life out of me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's still important to us so will probably play. Alves will be coming in. We absolutely can't have another aged player in the team, so it has to be the end for Kranjcar. We can't have all three in the same team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Him getting another year is everything that is wrong with Rangers currently same with Wallace constantly getting the nod (and captain ffs)

Nostalgia for players who were the best of a rotten team last year and are past their best 

Miller has been a great servant for the club and nothing can change that but he is not a guy I want to see leading our front line this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, scott12003 said:

did kenny make any sort of difference tonight

not for me!

dont mean he has in the past

Well he gave us a lead to take into the match and the point is that no one else in blue tonight would have had the composure to try and chip the keeper. He almost rescued us and it's jus the odd moment of brilliance you need from a great player to make the difference.

Not sure how old you are but I saw Gascoigne several times and he wasn't always the genius that gets remembered. He could be a passenger and then suddenly spring into life and play like a god. (Kenny's not in that class obviously but you get my point)

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a moaning faced prick. Poor footballer and has gotten big time because he's managed to be the least poor in terrible rangers teams. First touch awful, movement none existent. Should've been let go. Another awful decision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spends too much time running about out of position for me. Should be in and around the box like all natural, predatory finishers. He's not going to score running around in midfield or picking the ball up in defence and often just leads to an imbalance and a loss of shape.

No argument about his past achievements but he seems to lack tactical discipline on the field now and it's proving detrimental.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Spends too much time running about out of position for me. Should be in and around the box like all natural, predatory finishers. He's not going to score running around in midfield or picking the ball up in defence and often just leads to an imbalance and a loss of shape.

No argument about his past achievements but he seems to lack tactical discipline on the field now and it's proving detrimental.

Out of position ?? Are u serious. What games have u been watching over the last 6 months. Last two games basically played wide left as we.have no left.minfielder .... Dalcio started there.at Ibrox.  But stood there.  Doing dy k all and Miller ended up there

 Tonight left wing again 

But you want him to be in and around the box? He is told to play pit wide.  It's part of being member of a team

 It's about being disciplined to play in a position. Not just eh turn up in the box. Ffs then when he is.missinf in left.mid u can have a  Go at him.then again .???? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, deco19761 said:

Out of position ?? Are u serious. What games have u been watching over the last 6 months. Last two games basically played wide left as we.have no left.minfielder .... Dalcio started there.at Ibrox.  But stood there.  Doing dy k all and Miller ended up there

 Tonight left wing again 

But you want him to be in and around the box? He is told to play pit wide.  It's part of being member of a team

 It's about being disciplined to play in a position. Not just eh turn up in the box. Ffs then when he is.missinf in left.mid u can have a  Go at him.then again .???? 

 

He's effective as a striker, not a left midfielder. In fact he is poor in that position as he doesn't have the natural ability or speed required. Even so, he still runs up and down after the ball like a 10 year old schoolboy, out of position and pointing and moaning all the while. He was good, he's past his best now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The Ghost said:

He's effective as a striker, not a left midfielder. In fact he is poor in that position as he doesn't have the natural ability or speed required. Even so, he still runs up and down after the ball like a 10 year old schoolboy, out of position and pointing and moaning all the while. He was good, he's past his best now.

You think he wants to play ther ?? Yeah that what u saying ??he don't.  He probably he shouldn't be playing anywhere in the t but you know what m .....there is fuck all else in that team 

That'sthe scary thing.  

No one saying he ain't by his best m am not defending miller but cunts want to moan and pick on him he past it etc. He knows he probably is. But who the fuck else is going to have a go play in any position that is asked of him and gives it his all. Ffs.  ? Lee wallace heart went pit of.football couple of years ago. He was playing with pish. He resorted. To pish. 

 

Same rules apply 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

You think he wants to play ther ?? Yeah that what u saying ??he don't.  He probably he shouldn't be playing anywhere in the t but you know what m .....there is fuck all else in that team 

That'sthe scary thing.  

No one saying he ain't by his best m am not defending miller but cunts want to moan and pick on him he past it etc. He knows he probably is. But who the fuck else is going to have a go play in any position that is asked of him and gives it his all. Ffs.  ? Lee wallace heart went pit of.football couple of years ago. He was playing with pish. He resorted. To pish. 

 

Same rules apply 

I'm not sure if you're Irvine Welsh on the wind up but maybe pause a bit and read what is being written. In my opinion, he would be best utilised as a central striker. Putting him on the wing is in itself, a tactical mistake as he cannot play effectively there. However, having been asked to play in that position, he hasn't got the discipline to stay there and runs needlessly all over the pitch, giving the impression he is trying more than any other player but is hampering the team formation and reducing the opportunities of moving the ball wide in doing so.

In a thread titled Kenny Miller again, guess who people are going to give there opinions on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never liked him but he's becoming increasingly irritating. Poor quality footballer who has had timing and circumstance on his side. 

Watching him try and get the ball out of his feet is torturous. Being the best of an extremely bad bunch doesn't actually make you good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Never liked him but he's becoming increasingly irritating. Poor quality footballer who has had timing and circumstance on his side. 

Watching him try and get the ball out of his feet is torturous. Being the best of an extremely bad bunch doesn't actually make you good. 

Got to agree this is the reason he should be out and out striker when played, his touch is shite, hes better lashing at it leaving the brain to perform that function at 100 percent instead of being a complete shitey poor link man

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Ghost said:

I'm not sure if you're Irvine Welsh on the wind up but maybe pause a bit and read what is being written. In my opinion, he would be best utilised as a central striker. Putting him on the wing is in itself, a tactical mistake as he cannot play effectively there. However, having been asked to play in that position, he hasn't got the discipline to stay there and runs needlessly all over the pitch, giving the impression he is trying more than any other player but is hampering the team formation and reducing the opportunities of moving the ball wide in doing so.

In a thread titled Kenny Miller again, guess who people are going to give there opinions on.

Don't think anyone would disagree with you him being up front mate. But he has been asked to play a role.for the team

 Sees the shit he is playing with and tries to adjust things and become more involves instead of hugging the touchline. 

Mate see even  at my work ... if.see.someone taking too long.to do something or just fucking hopeless I will step in and take over. It's. What leaders do   its a natural reaction to inept useless sheep.  He is clearly a leader of.sorts. and feels the need ro try and take the bull by its horns.  If the manager does not want him to do that he has to tell him them. Be more disciplined. Let others do their jobs. Don't get involved in shit that's not of your making. But Kenny don't work  like.tjat. he is a team player. And as.muxh as  a lot don't like him.  There are bigger issues than Kenny 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I'm not sure if you're Irvine Welsh on the wind up but maybe pause a bit and read what is being written. In my opinion, he would be best utilised as a central striker. Putting him on the wing is in itself, a tactical mistake as he cannot play effectively there. However, having been asked to play in that position, he hasn't got the discipline to stay there and runs needlessly all over the pitch, giving the impression he is trying more than any other player but is hampering the team formation and reducing the opportunities of moving the ball wide in doing so.

In a thread titled Kenny Miller again, guess who people are going to give there opinions on.

Ps what the fuck has that horrible cunt Irvine Welsh got to do with anything  unless I am missing something completely?

Await invasion. ..

.

..

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, deco19761 said:

Don't think anyone would disagree with you him being up front mate. But he has been asked to play a role.for the team

 Sees the shit he is playing with and tries to adjust things and become more involves instead of hugging the touchline. 

Mate see even  at my work ... if.see.someone taking too long.to do something or just fucking hopeless I will step in and take over. It's. What leaders do   its a natural reaction to inept useless sheep.  He is clearly a leader of.sorts. and feels the need ro try and take the bull by its horns.  If the manager does not want him to do that he has to tell him them. Be more disciplined. Let others do their jobs. Don't get involved in shit that's not of your making. But Kenny don't work  like.tjat. he is a team player. And as.muxh as  a lot don't like him.  There are bigger issues than Kenny 

I don't disagree with you in that we have far bigger issues than Kenny and more could do with his ethos but I think he's trying too hard to make up for the inevitable decline due to age catching up with him and he would be more effective carrying out the role he's asked to do to the best of his remaining ability. His habit of mouthing off at his team mates at every opportunity won't be doing their fragile confidence any good either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 13 August 2022 14:00 Until 16:00
      0  
      Rangers v St. Johnstone
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...