the "banished" players

RFC55

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I won't name the player, but I've heard similar to this that Pedro isolates players.

One of the things the players can't get used to is that for a game on the Saturday he tells them the team on a Tuesday then spends the rest of the week working on set up etc with the team.

If you are not in the match squad you basically train away from this group.

This is quite common in other team sports, such as rugby. We did this all the way through school, with teams being named on a Thursday morning so that there were two sessions to train match specific drills and tactics. It is also done at Elite level (or else I wouldn't make the point). 

Tuesday does appear early, I suppose. But the concept in general I approve of.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way on earth MOH is trying to play into the managers plans. I've heard from 2 people now, one in work and outside work that he is only here for the money. 

We wanted a robust, all action manager who takes no shit. We get a dud version and every little thing he does is now criticised to a high degree. 

On 05/07/2017 at 10:10 AM, plumbGER said:

Talking shite like this totally invalidates your otherwise good point:lol:

I'm seriously not talking shite, the amount of goals we lost because he lost the ball in a dangerous area, not tracking any runs from midfield or just generally being out of position! Guarantee if you look over any highlights you will find he will be at fault for at least 1 goal.

Just now, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

I'm seriously not talking shite, the amount of goals we lost because he lost the ball in a dangerous area, not tracking any runs from midfield or just generally being out of position! Guarantee if you look over any highlights you will find he will be at fault for at least 1 goal.

The Hearts game at Tynecastle when he let the ball roll in front of him from Wes throwing it out.

That's an example.

You were still talking shite though, you said he was responsible for 50% of the goals we conceded:lol:

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The Hearts game at Tynecastle when he let the ball roll in front of him from Wes throwing it out.

That's an example.

You were still talking shite though, you said he was responsible for 50% of the goals we conceded:lol:

Maybe 1 out of 2 was pushing it! Was probably closer to 25%. The hearts one is an obvious one but there was a good number that were his fault from simply not covering a run even though he was playing DM.

On 05/07/2017 at 1:05 PM, Prso's headband said:

There's no way on earth MOH is trying to play into the managers plans. I've heard from 2 people now, one in work and outside work that he is only here for the money. 

We wanted a robust, all action manager who takes no shit. We get a dud version and every little thing he does is now criticised to a high degree. 

Course he is here for the money.

But the boy now just wants to go rather than earn a fortune doing fuck all. For play to him for that as well.

We have let mediocrity and poor attitude creep into our squad since McCoist, since then the cancer has grown and we've lost the one of the most important things that made us great - winning mentality.

I actually agree with what Pedro has done, sometimes - just like with cancer - you can try the non-invasive approach. But in the end sometimes you're better just chopping off a limb to save the patient.

It might make us limp for a while, but if the poor attitude and weak mentality is amputated from the squad I'll be ecstatic.

So in theory I think he's done the right thing, but the question is - is he developing another type of cancer which has the symptom of shiteness?

On 5 July 2017 at 8:34 AM, Rfc52 said:

Right in no.way am I suggesting that any of them should play/should stay or anything else like this. 

However the treatment of them by Pedro is pretty shocking. The players are not allowed to mix, nor are they allowed to have lunches/meals at the training complex with the rest of the team.

They are training alone and not with the u20's. 

Now I get most of them should leave as they aren't what is required for our club but is this banishing players actually good for.the full squads morale? 

BTW the guy many on here (probably me included) thought would've sat and took the money is actively trying to go. He just wants to play which is a credit to.him tbh.

So does the manager need to.keep the harmony within the squad and stop banishing players he doesn't see as part of his plans or Is he doing the right thing?

I said it in the McKay thread I believe it's the wrong way to treat people.

From.what I've heard from a players relative this morning things ain't good between certain players and the manager.

I hope to.fuck they get this right or we might be bang in trouble

Firstly, get that mixing wee shitebag McKay too fuck!

Secondly, to save team morale, keep these other useless mixing has beens well away to fuck from the rest. End of! The boss is the boss and of anyone doesn't like then they can get to fuck. I wouldn't be encouraging anymore wage stealing fucking fairies in the team!

10 minutes ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

Maybe 1 out of 2 was pushing it! Was probably closer to 25%. The hearts one is an obvious one but there was a good number that were his fault from simply not covering a run even though he was playing DM.

I still think 1 in 4 goals is far too much, he did cost a few though i am not disputing that.

On 5 July 2017 at 8:43 AM, FlashHarryForrester said:

Said this ages ago.

What manager goes in and tells players they are not wanted then asks them to play in important games 

Then still has them at start of next season, banished or even in the squad.

Clearly a lot of noses out of joint, squad harmony looks fucked 

Now it looks like no one is trying a leg 

I fucking would with the shower of fucking fairies we have.

As for your last bit, a load of shite.

On 5 July 2017 at 8:45 AM, the goal machine said:

We should have handled McKay at least like Hearts have done with Walker i.e. saying all the right things in public but willing to let him go for an acceptable price. 

The way Pedro has gone about it has been crazy. Probably lost about half the potential transfer fee. 

McKay is a grade A mixing little shitebag who couldn't get a dummy large enough to fit in his oversize gobshite mooth!

On 05/07/2017 at 9:45 AM, Smile said:

Halliday's been quite smart and going on loan as he may just sit it out till a new manager comes in.

Halliday is a desperado. Attention seeking prick who loves being a Glasgow celeberty. 

Whether Pedro is here or not he has no future at rangers. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Halliday is a desperado. Attention seeking prick who loves being a Glasgow celeberty. 

Whether Pedro is here or not he has no future at rangers. 

Thought he had gone already on loan?

Another spineless wage stealing, shit stirring billy big baws.