Forget Pedro, Blame the Board

There are plenty on here who are pointing fingers at the players and the manager for whats been happening since day one of Caixinha starting at Ibrox - Rightly so. poor football, poor results, but we all hoped in vain that new signings would turn this round.  But there are other factors to consider here. It's very easy to blame what's there, right in front of you rather than take a minute to review the situation and see where this starts and where ultimately it has to stop.

Cast your mind back to Dave King coming in. He made promises to cleanse the board, to tear up the dodgy contracts and to restore the club back to it's rightful place. He openly attacked Sports Direct and gave credit to certain fan groups who took a line of revolt that's best left in the past rather than discussed on here again. Finally taking his place on the board he found that he was shut out by the like of SD for any negotions due to his rabble rousing fashion and public attacks on their company until this season. He found he was closed off from creating a share issue for fear of Ashley making moves to take a majority again but regardless, made bold statements of funding being available and that all would be coming good. Finally this season the contracts have been negotiated to allow the slae of last seasons boycotted stock, shares have changed hands despite the lack of a public issue and then we get back to the football.

We have endured the talk of "it may take us X amount of years to challenge", "we want a new football philosophy", "we will make this club the lead team in Scotland" but looking closely, none of this has EVER had substance. We have had Warburton - a manger who had a reputation of making something out of nothing - that right there should have said it all about the boards intentions, to try and win on the cheap. He came, he went and then in comes Caixinha, a man with a reputation of making something out of nothing (in an almost identical manner to the previous manager) with one team. Money was promised for him to spend - all of the season ticket money - and we're told there will be more off the back of the re-negotiated merchandise deal and soft loans to cushion these until the return comes in.

So in football terms - here we are, same place, different season. A manager with no serious proven track record, players bought on the cheap and a continuation from a poor end last season in tems of ambition leading into this one. At what point will the board realise that we need to spend if there is to be any return in terms of titles and income through Champions League football. Vent anger for last night absolutely, the whole set up was fucked and the players ad the manager will shoulder blame for that. But this is what you get when you spend on the cheap in the hope that we will become contenders. We are losing a generation of supporters as people begin to accept that we might have to take more lean years to get back to where we belong. We need a manager who knows the game, who has a track record and who can bring in decent players who will be able to play the game as it's played up here.

If you have a boat that has holes in the floor, you don't start doing up the cabin and sails in the hope that you'll stay afloat and make it across the river, sooner or later you sink and in terms of how the board is performing a patch job on our club, we are barely treading water.  If they are not willing to speculate to accumulate then they should look to bring in people who will.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

There are plenty on here who are pointing fingers at the players and the manager for whats been happening since day one of Caixinha starting at Ibrox - Rightly so. poor football, poor results, but we all hoped in vain that new signings would turn this round.  But there are other factors to consider here. It's very easy to blame what's there, right in front of you rather than take a minute to review the situation and see where this starts and where ultimately it has to stop.

Cast your mind back to Dave King coming in. He made promises to cleanse the board, to tear up the dodgy contracts and to restore the club back to it's rightful place. He openly attacked Sports Direct and gave credit to certain fan groups who took a line of revolt that's best left in the past rather than discussed on here again. Finally taking his place on the board he found that he was shut out by the like of SD for any negotions due to his rabble rousing fashion and public attacks on their company until this season. He found he was closed off from creating a share issue for fear of Ashley making moves to take a majority again but regardless, made bold statements of funding being available and that all would be coming good. Finally this season the contracts have been negotiated to allow the slae of last seasons boycotted stock, shares have changed hands despite the lack of a public issue and then we get back to the football.

We have endured the talk of "it may take us X amount of years to challenge", "we wnat a new football philosophy", "we will make this club the lead team in Scotland" but looking closesly none ofthis jhas EVER had substance. We have had Warburton - a manger who had a reputation of making something out of nothing - that right there should have said it all about the boards intentions, to try and win on the cheap. He came, he went and then in comes Caixinha, a man with a reputation of making something out of nothing (in an almost identical manner to the previous manager) with one team. Money was promised for him to spend - all of the season ticket money - and we're told there will be more off the back of the re-negotiated merchandise deal and soft loans to cushion these until the return comes in.

So in football terms - here we are, same place, different season. A manager with no serious proven track record, players bought on the cheap and a continuation from a poor end last season in tems of ambition leading into this one. At what point will the board realise that we need to spend if there is to be any return in terms of titles and income through Champions League football. Vent anger for last night absolutely, the whole set up was fucked and the players ad the manager will shoulder blame for that. But this is what you get when you spend on the cheap in the hope that we will become contenders. We are losing a generation of supporters as people begin to accept that we might have to take more lean years to get back to where we belong. We need a manager who knows the game, who has a track record and who can bring in decent players who will be able to play the game as it's played up here.

If you have a boat that has holes in the floor, you don't start doing up the cabin and sails in the hope that you'll stay afloat and make it across the river, sooner or later you sink and in terms of how the board is performing a patch job on our club, we are barely treading water.  If they are not willing to speculate to accumulate then they should look to bring in people who will.

After this summer I don't see how anyone can possibly lay the blame at the board...

They've hired a guy they thought good for the job, given him a decent chunk of money, Pena/Herrera/Morelos/Dorrans are all 1 million + fees & Alves will be on pretty fucking good wages to come here. 

They've sorted a deal with Sports Direct to get us some extra cash

They've been doing and saying all the right things since the season ended and have acted quickly.

They've backed this clown by paying his compensation and getting him in early, given him time and money, the only thing they could be blamed for right now is having the wool pulled over their eyes by a charleton called Pedro Caixinha and the players in that squad.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

They've backed this clown by paying his compensation and getting him in early, given him time and money, the only thing they could be blamed for right now is having the wool pulled over their eyes by a charleton called Pedro Caixinha and the players in that squad.

In terms of football that's all that matters. For an average fan, all the boardroom shite is their job, we shouldn't even hear about it. The fact they hired this guy after the shambles of Warburton says it all, they are still not willing to spend money needed to get us back.

So your solution is for the board (who've been supporting the club with millions of £££) to spend what - 40 million? 50 million? 

You're an obsessed king basher and I just don't understand. They've had a great summer and yes everyone is going Tonto about Pedro today that ain't changed. If you've got 100mil to buy a champions league team, by all means get in touch with the board. You'll get a club tie. 

Just now, RupertDeBoer said:

So your solution is for the board (who've been supporting the club with millions of £££) to spend what - 40 million? 50 million? 

You're an obsessed king basher and I just don't understand. They've had a great summer and yes everyone is going Tonto about Pedro today that ain't changed. If you've got 100mil to buy a champions league team, by all means get in touch with the board. You'll get a club tie. 

He said £30 million, lets see if he's as good as his word.

you've 11 posts how the fuck would you know who's obsessed on here? banned for being a tim previously were you?

I disagree.

The board have backed the manager, he brought the players in that he wanted and we have spend a fair bit of money. Unfortunately, some of these players weren't good enough to beat a part-time team from Luxembourg...

I knew when Pedro was bringing in unknown players from foreign countries that it would either be a big hit or a big miss. Right now it's looking like the latter...

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

In terms of football that's all that matters. For an average fan, all the boardroom shite is their job, we shouldn't even hear about it. The fact they hired this guy after the shambles of Warburton says it all, they are still not willing to spend money needed to get us back.

I think the board have been trying to stop all that shite coming out in the papers, it's certainly calmed down a lot, we see more stories about Rangers as a football team in the papers than we do about Rangers as a business (compared to years gone past)

People seem to think we need 10/15 million to overturn celtic....we've never needed anything like that, we need a proper manager who has some tactical knowledge about him

1 or 2 stand out players for 2/3 million would be brilliant and would help improve things but our problem hasn't been spending money and never will be in this league, it's been the managers we've had in who all appear to talk a good game but are tactically inept in a piss poor league. 

We spent enough money last season on wages alone to finish ahead of Aberdeen and we've spent enough money already this summer to be comfortably finishing 2nd place, will it happen? At the moment probably not, that's not the boards fault, that's the manager and the players.

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

What you cannot do is blame the board for not backing Pedro 

No one is, i'm saying they've done the same as last time - bring a manager with a record of making something out of nothing with one club in to compete on a small budget yet again. They got it worng when they hired Caixinha.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I think the board have been trying to stop all that shite coming out in the papers, it's certainly calmed down a lot, we see more stories about Rangers as a football team in the papers than we do about Rangers as a business (compared to years gone past)

People seem to think we need 10/15 million to overturn celtic....we've never needed anything like that, we need a proper manager who has some tactical knowledge about him

1 or 2 stand out players for 2/3 million would be brilliant and would help improve things but our problem hasn't been spending money and never will be in this league, it's been the managers we've had in who all appear to talk a good game but are tactically inept in a piss poor league. 

We spent enough money last season on wages alone to finish ahead of Aberdeen and we've spent enough money already this summer to be comfortably finishing 2nd place, will it happen? At the moment probably not, that's not the boards fault, that's the manager and the players.

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

After this summer I don't see how anyone can possibly lay the blame at the board...

They've hired a guy they thought good for the job, given him a decent chunk of money, Pena/Herrera/Morelos/Dorrans are all 1 million + fees & Alves will be on pretty fucking good wages to come here. 

They've sorted a deal with Sports Direct to get us some extra cash

They've been doing and saying all the right things since the season ended and have acted quickly.

The board and senior management of our club are fucking hopeless, clueless morons.

We're an anachronism, our business and management techniques are stuck in the mid 90s. The games moved on. The scum realised that years ago and have modernised. Their fans hated it at the time but are now reaping the benefits.

We haven't modernised and are staring down the barrel of long term mediocrity. 

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

Whoever decided Petro was the man for the job is not up to the job.

Exactly. Dave King didn't interview Pedro. When a donkey gets hired at my work I don't go blaming the Chairman of the board.

No one is, i'm saying they've done the smae as last time - bring a manager with a record of making something out of nothing with one club in to compete on a small budget yet again.

Genuine Question..... because I am seeing everyone talking about Pedro "on the cheap" didn't we pay 800k fee to release him from that Qatari mob? Wasn't he earning mega bucks over there and presumably still taking a chunk of change from us now. How much have we spent in signing and wages this summer?

I don't believe we have done this on the cheap, we have just got it wrong. Someone needs to take the rap for that

9 minutes ago, FSM said:

Exactly. Dave King didn't interview Pedro. When a donkey gets hired at my work I don't go blaming the Chairman of the board.

When the chairman allows some cunt to be employed after hiring that donkey because it's fucked up the company, then he doesn't have a fucking clue.

7 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Genuine Question..... because I am seeing everyone talking about Pedro "on the cheap" didn't we pay 800k fee to release him from that Qatari mob? Wasn't he earning mega bucks over there and presumably still taking a chunk of change from us now. How much have we spent in signing and wages this summer?

I don't believe we have done this on the cheap, we have just got it wrong. Someone needs to take the rap for that

Pedro was hired because - much like Delilah across the city a few seasons ago - they will not be giving mega bucks to him and he has to accept that. We as fans need to accept that we are fucked until serious money is spent.

When the chairman allows some cunt to be employed to hire that donkey then he doesn't have a fucking clue.

The Chairman is part of a board Brian. To be honest, I can see King being the least involved board member when it comes to the hiring of personnel, so not sure why you always want to single him out.

If we were trying to do it on the cheap then there was far cheaper options available than Pedro.

Pedro talks a good game, probably interviews well and has all the fancy qualifications.

Unfortunately it appears that he's a smooth talking, well qualified poor manager. 

15 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

The board and senior management of our club are fucking hopeless, clueless morons.

We're an anachronism, our business and management techniques are stuck in the mid 90s. The games moved on. The scum realised that years ago and have modernised. Their fans hated it at the time but are now reaping the benefits.

We haven't modernised and are staring down the barrel of long term mediocrity. 

I'm not for 1 second thinking our board at the shining stars of the club, they have made a right arse of things over the years. Since the summer though they haven't put a foot wrong, have backed the manager 100%, are dealing with the media with a more strong reaction than before and have dealt with sports direct much better than before.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I'm not for 1 second thinking our board at the shining stars of the club, they have made a right arse of things over the years. Since the summer though they haven't put a foot wrong, have backed the manager 100%, are dealing with the media with a more strong reaction than before and have dealt with sports direct much better than before.

So signed a donkey of a manager and given him millions of pounds of money which we possibly don't have to spend on donkeys.

Dealt with the media better, so all of Dave Kings mental pronouncements are dealing with the media? Banning a few journalists?

Dealt with sports direct - what told us we can buy strips again? We still don't know the real story on that yet, it's too early to declare any victories.

We've had years upon years of neglect, negligence and greedy profiteering. Pedro and his team are just the latest symptom of that. The scary thing is I don't think it's going to change for years to come, we might have to get used to embarrassments like this. 

40 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He said £30 million, lets see if he's as good as his word.

you've 11 posts how the fuck would you know who's obsessed on here? banned for being a tim previously were you?

Strong argument. Point to the number of posts and call me a tim.

Ultimately we have to take our lumps this week. The guy got it wrong yesterday but you can't blame the board for it - they picked their man and backed him with plenty of funds. King has put in a small fortune but it's still not enough apparently even though the club has to pay players, staff and for stadium improvements without serious income (merchandise deal is only a few weeks old). 

Its not constructive criticism. Just my opinion. 

The same way you can't give the board credit for each individual win you also can't give the board pelters for each individual loss. 

You have to look at the overall picture over a few years, on that basis the current board are doing nothing no more than having us treading water. 

If folk are happy with that then so be it. 

52 minutes ago, RupertDeBoer said:

Who's the champions league team he could buy?