Forget Pedro, Blame the Board

6 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

So signed a donkey of a manager and given him millions of pounds of money which we possibly don't have to spend on donkeys.

Dealt with the media better, so all of Dave Kings mental pronouncements are dealing with the media? Banning a few journalists?

Dealt with sports direct - what told us we can buy strips again? We still don't know the real story on that yet, it's too early to declare any victories.

We've had years upon years of neglect, negligence and greedy profiteering. Pedro and his team are just the latest symptom of that. The scary thing is I don't think it's going to change for years to come, we might have to get used to embarrassments like this. 

Signed a manager they thought capable, not the first and won't be the last people to get tricked by someone during an interview process, he obviously talks a good game. They've given him millions of pounds from season ticket money which would normally go into the club, that's got to be getting propped up from elsewhere.

Dealing with the media better and sports direct, as in they've came out and actually done conferences and been more open with the fans, they've stood their ground on sports direct and have actually gotten a victory from it, they're not the perfect finished article as a board but they're a damn sight better than they were 12 months ago.

I wouldn't say Pedro and the team currently are greedy, they are just shit at their jobs. 

If we continue down the road we are going then aye, it'll be years before we are anywhere near capable of challenging for the title and embarrassments last night will continue to happen. Last night wasn't a smash and grab, they had their chances and took them well.

40 minutes ago, FSM said:

The Chairman is part of a board Brian. To be honest, I can see King being the least involved board member when it comes to the hiring of personnel, so not sure why you always want to single him out.

he represents the board, he is the mouth piece and led the takeover. Think that's quite plain to see.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The same way you can't give the board credit for each individual win you also can't give the board pelters for each individual loss. 

You have to look at the overall picture over a few years, on that basis the current board are doing nothing no more than having us treading water. 

If folk are happy with that then so be it. 

10 IAR for those scummy bastards across the city is a cert unles the board can come up with an investment model to get money in to spend on a manager and squad who can challenge. There has been no plan B and i can't see that changing. If we don't get the manager and players right then the seasons are over before they begin.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

After this summer I don't see how anyone can possibly lay the blame at the board...

They've hired a guy they thought good for the job, given him a decent chunk of money, Pena/Herrera/Morelos/Dorrans are all 1 million + fees & Alves will be on pretty fucking good wages to come here. 

They've sorted a deal with Sports Direct to get us some extra cash

They've been doing and saying all the right things since the season ended and have acted quickly.

They've backed this clown by paying his compensation and getting him in early, given him time and money, the only thing they could be blamed for right now is having the wool pulled over their eyes by a charleton called Pedro Caixinha and the players in that squad.

Agree with that to a fair extent but they selected him. There shouldn't be othordox interviews for a football manager. You head hunt someone doing a good job elsewhere. It's not about how he comes across in an interview, it's his track record. Caxhina's is indifferent 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

10 IAR for those scummy bastards across the city is a cert unles the board can come up with an investment model to get money in to spend on a manager and squad who can challenge. There has been no plan B and i can't see that changing. If we don't get the manager and players right then the seasons are over before they begin.

?? We are looking at battling for second spot year after year. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Agree with that to a fair extent but they selected him. There shouldn't be othordox interviews for a football manager. You head hunt someone doing a good job elsewhere. It's not about how he comes across in an interview, it's his track record. Caxhina's is indifferent 

In most walks of life you hire someone based solely on previous experience, would say football management is different.

It's more about the person, how they interview will be the main thing, what budget they are wiling to work on, what contacts they have etc.

From their point of few, Pedro looks a decent choice, he could bring in some Portugese players (which he's done) & could maybe raid some of his former clubs and bring in some international talent on the cheap (again he's done this). His track record at other clubs wasn't great but then he still won a few major trophies.

I don't blame the board in the slightest for Pedro, don't really blame anyone to be fair, it's just simply that he isn't a good enough coach for our club and the pressure it brings and has to go.

fuck me, we get embarassed once and they call for the managers head. Didn't say that when Brenda's Celtic lost to the mighty red imps, or when Man U lost to MK Dons. 

it was an embarassment, move forward, give the manager til the end of the campaign and if he hasn't met targets (1 cup, strong second / push for first) then decide on his future. honestly a joke. We never expected to do well in this tournament, we are still playing a number of pish players (I will now include wallace in that) and the team we are building is going to be 10 fucking strangers, you need time to gel and work well together.

patience is lost in some.

Just now, stevemac said:

fuck me, we get embarassed once and they call for the managers head. Didn't say that when Brenda's Celtic lost to the mighty red imps, or when Man U lost to MK Dons. 

it was an embarassment, move forward, give the manager til the end of the campaign and if he hasn't met targets (1 cup, strong second / push for first) then decide on his future. honestly a joke. We never expected to do well in this tournament, we are still playing a number of pish players (I will now include wallace in that) and the team we are building is going to be 10 fucking strangers, you need time to gel and work well together.

patience is lost in some.

We haven't been embarrassed once though have we?

The 5-1 home defeat to celtic, losing a 26 year undefeated home record against Aberdeen and now pumped out of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxemburg.

Throw in the way Pedro has constantly embarrassed himself in interviews by talking utter shite and it's clear that no amount of patience is going to pay off.

He's the wrong man for the job and the sooner we correct that mistake the better.

Twice in a week and  twice its happened.

The recent  signings have been positive and there was an air of excitement up until a week ago. Me personally a doubt has lingered since both those OF games. After the first nothing was learned and a week later we encountered the worst result at Ibrox in my lifetime, far worse than last night. This was a massive concern that nothing seemed to be gained  from the first game and how we could collapse in such a way. I was prepared to give PC the benefit of the doubt as this was Warbutons team of duds even though Murty had taken them to our most difficult away venue and came away with a creditable draw.

New players signed with more to come everything to look forward to. Trying to be positive i thought Rangers played well in the first 30 mins in the first game although no cutting edge. Ok its our first competitive game but  i was sure we would win around 3 nil last night. PC had now seen the opposition and have more of an idea what to expect from their defensive tactics in the second game. 

In the space of a few months PC has now overseen the worst result in our history and now the most embarrassing result, incredibly in both cases  having played the opposition a week before.

We cant keep getting rid of managers but i honestly today feel numb and dont know what the answer is. I hate to say it but its not PC from what i can see.

3 hours ago, RupertDeBoer said:

So your solution is for the board (who've been supporting the club with millions of £££) to spend what - 40 million? 50 million? 

You're an obsessed king basher and I just don't understand. They've had a great summer and yes everyone is going Tonto about Pedro today that ain't changed. If you've got 100mil to buy a champions league team, by all means get in touch with the board. You'll get a club tie. 

have some ambition for our great club and stop accepting third best