Perspective

beararse

No amount of 'perspective' can justify us getting put out of Europe over 2 legs against the 4th best team in Luxembourg. It's a fucking disgrace and will go down in our proud history as a dirty black mark.

Our under 21s should have enough to beat that mob 

56 minutes ago, Budswiser said:

Whit is this wait till Christmas pish. Wait until we,re fuckin nowhere in the league and Santa will bring a big bag of new players and wads of cash. This guy has presided over probably the two worst results in our history, both within a few months. He is not fit fro purpose and has to go now.

Agreed. They have probably been the two worst results in our history.

The first one with someone else's team, often described on here as the worst team in our clubs history.

The second (which happens to be a glorified friendly) with more than half the 'worst team in our clubs history' playing alongside 2 long term injured players and a handful of new guys.

30 minutes ago, beararse said:

Hitting the bar 3 times wasn't an excuse....it's a fact!

We hit the bar 3 times.

Despite that, we were still shit and deserved to get knocked out by part timers.

It's clearly not good enough but  the season hasn't even started yet. 

You get no points for hitting the bar it's the same as hitting the corner flag.

1 hour ago, brazz1972 said:

I agree. 

As raging as anyone about the result and yet to see anything from Pedro to get excited about but give him a chance to get Alves, Dorrans and Pena in the team and a chance for the team to gel.

We didn't create alot last night but could easily have had 4 goals off the top of my head from the 3 off the bar and Jack had a free header from 6 yards out. It never went our way and is a disaster of a result but a bit of luck would have seen us with at least one of they chances go in. 

Realistically we were never going to make the group stages and personally I reckoned we would lose to the Cypriots. This was just a bonus for us. The real deal for us this year is improving in the league and getting closer to them.

I'd rather give a real manager a chance to get Alves, Pena and Dorrans in the team.

Pedro post match said "We have to focus on the positives that are coming regarding the future"

I.E. focus on something that does not exist or live in hope that there will be positives in the future, but how do we focus on something that's not there? There is no positives to take from that result and he's talking rubbish.

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

We are the worst team in European competition this season.

Were.

That fucking Luxembourg mob are the worst team in Europe and they pumped us!!

I was really looking forward to this season too. Now I'm absolutely dreading it.

I think there does need to be some perspective, but it is difficult in times like this. 

Firstly - reality is sometimes these things happen in football. We have been knocked out by completely pish teams before and probably will again. Advocaat was lucky to get past Glentoran I think in his first European game after spending about 40 million. These last two games looked like they came far far too early for our squad, some of whom speak no English and looked like they barely knew each other. 

Secondly - on paper at least, our squad will be much better than last year. We look stronger in all areas I think. As I say this is on paper, and remains to be seen once the season starts. Its difficult to argue that Alves, Dorrans and Jack etc don't improve us and I think come the first day of the season we will line up a lot differently to these matches. 

Concerns for me, notwithstanding last night are that we made too many changes too quickly, although I can't see any real alternative given the appalling state of our squad last year. Some of the signings are unproven in British football too. For example, I don't rate Dalcio and have been very critical of Mackay... but i'm not sure how one is a good replacement for the other, he looks worse so far. 

Finally and more importantly, I have real concerns about Caixinha's tactics. During his time, we have had two of the worst results i've even seen watching us...last night and the 5-1 game. I felt there was a lot of naivety shown in both of these matches and unwillingness to learn. Murty knew how to play against them, as did all of us. He was watching that game and learned nothing. I think we first need to become hard to beat again before we start trying anything fancy. Also, I don't think I've even seen a Rangers side with less urgency and fight. Its been the same since Warburton. Too many times we needed to concede before we woke up and started trying. Having grown up watching us play till the death and frequently scoring winners in injury time, seeing players with their hands on their hips and stuff was unacceptable. 

I think Caixinha is safe for now and will be granted some time - however if there is a bad start to the season after 5-6 games then he will be in trouble I think. 

6 hours ago, beararse said:

Agreed. They have probably been the two worst results in our history.

The first one with someone else's team, often described on here as the worst team in our clubs history.

The second (which happens to be a glorified friendly) with more than half the 'worst team in our clubs history' playing alongside 2 long term injured players and a handful of new guys.

That worst team at least put in a performance for the guy in charge at the Piggery, with a bit of direction and a plan they done well. 

This clown has no direction and not a fuckin clue far less a plan.

9 hours ago, RupertDeBoer said:

Have a feeling others will disagree but this is my view as well.

Rangers have high expectations but we forget where we've come from and what still needs to be done. Pedro has his year to show us what he can do but he has lost the hearts and minds. Tough for him for sure. 

We can only hope they spend the next four weeks busting their fucking balls. 

Say hi to Chris for me.

2 hours ago, Budswiser said:

That worst team at least put in a performance for the guy in charge at the Piggery, with a bit of direction and a plan they done well. 

This clown has no direction and not a fuckin clue far less a plan.

One swallow doesn't make a summer....

The analogy works both ways