Could Alves Be The Better Captain ?

tannerall

Much though I admire Lee Wallace for sticking with us through the darkest days, I think the time is now for us to have a highly experienced, confident, successful, strong player leading us. 

I actually think that Lee could come on to a better game without these responsibilities he has. Must be really difficult captaining an obviously disjointed, unsuccessful and confidence lacking team for all those seasons. Even more difficult with the managers we have had in that time, and the constant rumours of unrest in the dressing room.

Do we think Alves should be captain ? Has he been captain of his club or country before ?

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Can we wait and see if he's actually going to be decent for us first ? Because personally i'm not certain that we're getting the player most on here seem to think we are. It's as if we never learn. 

Nonsense he's an excellent player and if you've watched him in the last few weeks for Portugal you'll have seen him stroll through games

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Nonsense he's an excellent player and if you've watched him in the last few weeks for Portugal you'll have seen him stroll through games

For Portugal, not Pedro Caixinha's Rangers. There's no guarantees, you're a fool of you think there are.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Obv every signing you make is a gamble but he is experienced and good enough to be fine in the league

I remember we were having the same conversations about Barton and Kranjcar last season. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

There wasn't a leader on the pitch last night, for me that's important and captains should lead by example. Wallace went missing.

An armband doesn't make you any better or worse of a leader and if the players can only perform well if the man in the armband does then they should be playing for a special needs teams.

Its a status symbol, nothing else.

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

An armband doesn't make you any better or worse of a leader and if the players can only perform well if the man in the armband does then they should be playing for a special needs teams.

Its a status symbol, nothing else.

Of course it's a status symbol but that still carries meaning. 

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

I remember we were having the same conversations about Barton and Kranjcar last season. 

Alves is a different league from those 2. Kranjcar was plucked from a holiday team in America and Barton made 1 international appearance and never played in Europe.

Alves is a starter for one of the best international teams in Europe. No comparison 

10 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Alves is a different league from those 2. Kranjcar was plucked from a holiday team in America and Barton made 1 international appearance and never played in Europe.

Alves is a starter for one of the best international teams in Europe. No comparison 

We'll see.

If alves is the leader everybody seems to think he is he won't need an armband. 

He'll walk straight in and command respect regardless and show leadership on the pitch, armband or not. See zlatan at united when Rooney was technically captain.

And anyways wallace being being stripped of the captaincy could cause divisions in the dressing room if there aren't already. 

He should be a good leader on the pitch, how much English does he have though for dealing with our dim witted referees?

The question isn't about Lee Wallace being captain, it should be whether he is good enough to play for Rangers - he isn't.