Has Mark Allen Started Work Yet?

FSM

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Smile said:

The thing is we all know unless Herrera and Morelos hit the ground running we have very little goals in our team, for me, we need a proven N0 9.

Of course we do. Think we would all feel more confident if we knew we had a prolific scorer in our team. Time will tell on the ones you mention. Just hope it doesn't go pear shaped on Sunday, missing chances etc and we are all on here shouting we need a goal scorer. A lot of us already know.

020817_mark_allan_01.jpg

RANGERS Football Club recently confirmed Mark Allen as the new Director of Football and this week the former Manchester City Academy Director has started his important new role at Auchenhowie.

The 54-year-old, who has a full UEFA coaching A licence, started his career as a youth player with Swindon Town before moving to San Diego to take up a football scholarship and business and accounting degree.

He returned to the UK aged 24 and forged a successful business career, rising to Managing Director of MTV’s broadcast division in London during a successful 13-year spell with the global music corporation.

Mark enjoyed great success in his role at Manchester City but is now looking forward to a fresh challenge with Rangers. He is also keen to outline his plans so supporters understand his remit.

He said: “I think the whole thing around the football director’s role needs some clarity in many respects.

“Mine is an overarching role, not the day-to-day in terms of team management but to basically make sure that the football club moving forward is sustainable.

“It’s to make sure the club has a solid base and that each and every area and infrastructure is properly resourced and managed so that we have a future that is solid and bright. I think the overall remit is of stability and planning.

On what he hopes to achieve initially, Allen continued: “I think the most important thing for me is to make sure we have a very solid and robust scouting and recruitment arena and that will be my primary focus.

“I am already underway with that, I have been doing a little bit in the background before I officially started the job in terms of establishing what I believe is a proper scouting and recruitment environment.  Together with our supporters this is the life blood of the club.

“We need to be sure we are identifying players who are Rangers players and fit the profile of a Rangers player and who want to play for Rangers.

“Then we must try and augment that with our own development of our younger players by making sure there is a very clear and distinct pathway for our own players to come through.”

RangersTV subscribers will be able to view an exclusive interview with Allen next Wednesday before the Dunfermline match and there will also be a feature with him in the programme that night.