Jump to content

3-4-3


bear86
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since 433 isn't working as we are getting overrun in midfield, but Pedro seems determined to have three up top, would a move to the fashionable 3-4-3 be a way to go?

you have Alves in the centre of the three directing bates and Cardoso. Wallace and Tav, who are poor defenders have more freedom as wing backs. Two in the centre. And three up front more narrow to work off each other.

possible starting 11 as things stand

                  Wes

     cardoso alves bates

Tav.                                Wallace

               Jack Pena

   Candeias Herrera Morelos 

 

with miller and rossiter coming on as subs. Obviously if we get Dorrans and walker they could replace a couple

Grasping at straws after last nights disaster but if these are the players we have I think this is a way to go

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I think it's time to get back to basics short term and go 4-4-2.

A good solid CB pairing, two good CM's and two strikers forming a partnership. You get the spine of a team right and 90% of the work is done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm honestly sick of people talking about formations

Yeah, that's our problem, we just need to change formation and everything will be perfect.

We could have had every player playing in a free role against progress and we still should have won.

see the two wingers when the got crosses in!? the pub team defence was there to eat them all up. get this one up front to fuck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alves70 said:

To be honest I think it's time to get back to basics short term and go 4-4-2.

A good solid CB pairing, two good CM's and two strikers forming a partnership. You get the spine of a team right and 90% of the work is done.

this all day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

see the two wingers when the got crosses in!? the pub team defence was there to eat them all up. get this one up front to fuck. 

"4-1-3-2 was only ever a rough notation. Stop the action at any moment and it could appear as a 3-2-3-1-1, or a 3-1-5-1, or a 5-1-2-2, but that doesn't mean it was wrong to describe the shape as 4-1-3-2: rather that was the best of the crude terms we commonly use to give a general indication of the shape. Offering the formation rarely gives anything like the full story of how a team plays."

Formations are merely the starting point - that is it.

You're all talking bollocks, stick to champ man.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bear86 said:

Since 433 isn't working as we are getting overrun in midfield, but Pedro seems determined to have three up top, would a move to the fashionable 3-4-3 be a way to go?

you have Alves in the centre of the three directing bates and Cardoso. Wallace and Tav, who are poor defenders have more freedom as wing backs. Two in the centre. And three up front more narrow to work off each other.

possible starting 11 as things stand

                  Wes

     cardoso alves bates

Tav.                                Wallace

               Jack Pena

   Candeias Herrera Morelos 

 

with miller and rossiter coming on as subs. Obviously if we get Dorrans and walker they could replace a couple

Grasping at straws after last nights disaster but if these are the players we have I think this is a way to go

Tav and Wallace should also be hunted they are both garbage

Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3-4-3 relies to much on the wing-backs. Giving Tav and Wallace even MORE attacking freedom is a horrible thought. Not got a decent final ball in them. 

Our failings come mainly from the wingers. They're all fucking shite. Including the one's from last season. We're effectively 2 players down and rely far too much on going through the middle. It's easy to defend. And a midfield consisting of Jack, Rossiter and Kranjcar does not exude goals. It's honestly imperative to our season that Pena and Dorrans are going to provide goals and attacking runs for us if our wingers stay as they are. 

If they don't then it'll be a carbon copy of last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

"4-1-3-2 was only ever a rough notation. Stop the action at any moment and it could appear as a 3-2-3-1-1, or a 3-1-5-1, or a 5-1-2-2, but that doesn't mean it was wrong to describe the shape as 4-1-3-2: rather that was the best of the crude terms we commonly use to give a general indication of the shape. Offering the formation rarely gives anything like the full story of how a team plays."

Formations are merely the starting point - that is it.

You're all talking bollocks, stick to champ man.

well the pub team dealt with our formation very easily over two games, the same style of football was played for 180 mins and the pub team pumped us due to our fucking shocking formation and tactics. thats a fact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

well the pub team dealt with our formation very easily over two games, the same style of football was played for 180 mins and the pub team pumped us due to our fucking shocking formation and tactics. thats a fact. 

:lol:

Nothing to do with player attitude, ability, mentality, unpredictability?

Nothing to do with player actions within the formation, player interactions with each other?

Needsa 4-4-2        4-4-2!!!!        4-4-2!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Lloyd72

It really wouldn't surprise me to see him go 343, I think it was Rob who said in his last few games for Al Giraffe he used that formation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we are going to play 3-4-3 we need another centre half,2 wing-backs and a striker.

And a Manager who actually knows how to coach a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alves70 said:

To be honest I think it's time to get back to basics short term and go 4-4-2.

A good solid CB pairing, two good CM's and two strikers forming a partnership. You get the spine of a team right and 90% of the work is done.

I'd actually change this a little and go

4-1-3-2.

We can have a holder but also two strikers as we know how well one striker has been for us. 

Although as said before, no formation matters when your lazy and have no desire to win!

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

see the two wingers when the got crosses in!? the pub team defence was there to eat them all up. get this one up front to fuck. 

Two of our best chances came from crosses it in to the box.  The cross from Wallace to Niko, and the cross from Tavernier to Windass, we hit the bar both times.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

well the pub team dealt with our formation very easily over two games, the same style of football was played for 180 mins and the pub team pumped us due to our fucking shocking formation and tactics. thats a fact. 

Our formation isn't "shocking".  It's widely used in Europe and even Celtic use it here in Scotland with success.  It's a good formation with proven success.

We don't have the necessary players to make it work and that's an issue.  Sticking Miller or Windass out wide left, for example, is shoehorning players in to positions they don't belong.

We're also very direct now.  We're firing the ball long an awful lot but isn't that what we wanted after Warburton's side passing?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We're also very direct now.  We're firing the ball long an awful lot but isn't that what we wanted after Warburton's side passing?

 

No.

I wanted the team to attack quickly, be direct with running and passing. Not long ball and shitey diagonal ball every 5 mins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Take any formation you want, but if the players attitude is stinking then you are fucked from the off.

Those players that took to the field in Luxembourg believed they only needed to show up and the tie was won.

Evidenced by the fact that we hit the bar and actually made the sub fuckin goalie make a save in the last 10-15mins when we were desperate for a goal.

The players attitude was totally horrendous, and that shit needs to be stamped out before we set foot on the pitch again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Alves70 said:

To be honest I think it's time to get back to basics short term and go 4-4-2.

A good solid CB pairing, two good CM's and two strikers forming a partnership. You get the spine of a team right and 90% of the work is done.

Agree totally! Too much emphasis on playing this formation and that. Like Souness did, we got the spine sorted, everyone knew their roles in the team and we built from there. Alves will be key as you need to build from the back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...