Is that the Transfer Budget Torched ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Seeing that disaster unfold does that mean whatever transfers were being progressed will now come to a halt ?

No.

Reaching the group stage was extremely unlikely in any case. Not reaching the latter rounds of qualifying won't effect the budget too much I imagine. 

Think Dorrans will get over the line as that's been discussed for weeks now and offers submitted

Think Walker, McLean and anybody else we'll have been linked with will now be put onto the back burner, at least until we shift some of the shite we have currently 

No, King said the budget was allocated without a run in Europe. other than Dorrans and maybe Walker, we don't need any more players yet. What we need is the manager to start forming them into a team. There is talent there but no functioning midfield unit.

After Dorrans signs I would expect us to focus on getting the players who are stealing a wage out the door.

After that is done I suspect we'll see one maybe two loan deals and maybe Jamie Walker before the window shuts.

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

No, King said the budget was allocated without a run in Europe. other than Dorrans and maybe Walker, we don't need any more players yet. What we need is the manager to start forming them into a team. There is talent there but no functioning midfield unit.

We'd still be a wide player and 2 fullbacks short,our fullbacks are shite as are Dalcio and Candieas

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Hope none of the remaining targets get put off by that display. And while I'm here I think it would be a disaster to bin Pedro now. Whatever his failings, he needs to be given until Xmas at least to give the club stability and some of these players a chance to bed in. FWIW I think Alves, Dorrans and Herrera plus a fit-again Niko can change the picture dramatically. Alves would never have let the Progres guy pin him back for their first goal...

Just now, Torontoblue76 said:

Hope none of the remaining targets get put off by that display. And while I'm here I think it would be a disaster to bin Pedro now. Whatever his failings, he needs to be given until Xmas at least to give the club stability and some of these players a chance to bed in. FWIW I think Alves, Dorrans and Herrera plus a fit-again Niko can change the picture dramatically. Alves would never have let the Progres guy pin him back for their first goal...

Nico is pish and will never do anything against any semi decent side I dont expect him to start very often when everyone is match fit,might be decent against the bottom six at Ibrox when we have all the possession but that's it 

The major problem is still very much in the midfield. Krancjar is creative but not a runner and we had two ball winners but no one for them to pass to. I hope Dorrans is the answer in the middle of the park and Walker/Pena provide the creativity and drive going forward.

19 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Possibly we were counting on 1 more full house at say £20 for adult ticket, doubt much more would have been budgeted for after that. However with the retail deal sorted out it should off set any "expected" income that we would have missed in the next few weeks 

Organise two home friendlies for £10 a pop in the next few weeks before the season starts. Folk would probably pay that to see Dorrans and Pena. 

And pronounce them pish. :lol: 

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Organise two home friendliest for £10 a pop in the next few weeks before the season starts. Folk would probably pay that to see Dorrans and Pena. 

And pronounce them pish. :lol: 

Exactly, a few half decent friendlies would cover any sort of income lost 

1 hour ago, writingranger said:

SDM used to say our budgets were worked out with the expectation of no Euro money.

That appears to have gone well...

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Our next signing simply must be a quality left winger.

We also need a playmaker and a Proven Striker.

We now have 5 weeks until season starts. Time to get rid of the shite and get to work on some quality signings.

I'd be amazed if that happens. Dorrans will sign, after that i dont think we'll see much more, if any, new arrivals.

4 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Seeing that disaster unfold does that mean whatever transfers were being progressed will now come to a halt ?

I think we only get about 225 000 euros for winning each round. Obviously home ticket money and any tv stuff too is on top of that. 

Defo a loss but not massive I wouldn't think.

27 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

I think we only get about 225 000 euros for winning each round. Obviously home ticket money and any tv stuff too is on top of that. 

Defo a loss but not massive I wouldn't think.

Starting at 200kodd, rising with each round, plus 2.5M bonus for qualifying, and 350k for each win. So not gettin to the group stage has cost us the best part of 4M minimum, not including gate receipts, TV money, and any additional money for points at group stage.